It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Link to Autism Identified

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
wow, i can't wait to see how far this goes. what a breakthrough! thank you for posting this!!

i am no chemist but it seems this would be maybe obvious to a scientist.

Glycine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, especially in the spinal cord, brainstem, and retina. When glycine receptors are activated, chloride enters the neuron via ionotropic receptors, causing an Inhibitory postsynaptic potential (IPSP).

wiki

An inhibitory postsynaptic potential (IPSP) is a synaptic potential that decreases the chance that a future action potential will occur in a postsynaptic neuron or α-motoneuron.

wiki

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
this is it

we got them

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Star and flag.

This is another example of TPTB providing something that is 'for the greater good', and collateral damage be damned. Oh well. I guess the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Gazerstar,

First let me offer my best wishes and respect on how you've handled your son's issue. I don't think anyone can truly appreciate the struggle you and your family faces unless they, too, are impacted by autism.

I am concerned about one of your statements, however. You mentioned you were your son's biggest supporter at school, and that is what's bothering me. As a teacher myself, who deals daily with students who exhibit the full range of autistic symptoms, I am always frustrated when I hear from parents that they don't get the support they need.

Let me clarify things, because I just re-read what I wrote and it sounds like I'm condemning you. This is not the case....my frustration is not with the parents but the SCHOOLS and the GOVERNMENT who aren't providing our children and their families with the support they need.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread and make it about the problems with our government run school systems (heaven knows we could start a post on that topic). I do want to make sure you are aware that your son has legal protection with concern to his education. I'm not a lawyer, and I can't give you legal advice, but you do have rights. If you would like to U2U me I can give you more info.

Best wishes for you and your family.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Since I've joined ATS, this is the first thread in which I've seen the posters treat each other with respect and unanimously support each other. At the risk of sounding like a little Bohemian, I'm feeling the love and it's certainly empowering.

More information:

This is particularly pertinent to the autism community primarily because this can explain the different levels of diagnoses evident within the autism spectrum (i.e. classical autism, regressive autism, PDD-NOS, Aspergers, ADHD etc.). There seems to be many different lines of thinking within the scientific community as to how cells "uptake" the substances that are needed. The confusion primarily lies within the prevalent belief that most substances bind to cells and when needed, these cells create a "port" with which to gain the intracellular communication necessary. This group found that various mechanisms are utilized by cells to absorb the necessary substances needed, to include: osmosis, diffusion, phagocytosis, pinocytosis, pumps and conventional absorption. The hypothesis is that something environmental is creating a situation whereby these cells are unable to absorb substances or communicate in the way that they need to, thusly manifesting at times as a nuerodevelopmental disorder or disease. Now what is truly amazing is the conclusion that has been reached as to why and how this is happening. You see; this neutral group with no ties to the pharmaceutical or mainstream medical industries has determined that vaccines and their ingredients are to blame. With the help of notable researchers and doctors that are known within the autism community, this study has resulted in some damning results. With the help of research from; Dr. Andrew Wakefield, Dr. Russell Blaylock, Dr. Martha Herbert and others, this group of non conflicted researchers have stumbled upon the proof to reinforce what the autism community has been talking about for quite some time! Vaccines cause autism!

MMR is not the only vaccine containing this gelatin. Here are the vaccines that contain this gelatin and the amount in each:

DTaP 0.0015 mg
Influenza 0.025 mg
Measles 14.5 mg
Mumps 14.5mg
Rubella 14.5 mg
MMR II 14.5 mg
Varicella 12.5 mg
Shingles 15.58 mg
Rabies < 12 mg

Link to the source: SOURCE

Useful PDF: Autism_Press_Release_Full_Version.pdf

I hope this is useful to some of you.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There have been some doctors aying for a long time that the huge increase in instances of childhood autism are due to the vaccines, but have always been shouted down.
One interesting article I saw a couple of years ago mentioned two examples of controlled groups who show little or no instances of autism. One group were from a doctors practice that was not giving the vaccines, the other was from the Amish community, who shun the vaccines others are given.
The evidence certainly looked compelling but, as has been said before, the mighty dollar trumps eveything.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
[url=http://whitecoralbells.blogspot.com/2009/11/nj-center-for-what.html]>> This blogger doesn't buy it

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh boy, you have brought up a subject that is my current outrage.

I am a glutamate sensitive. I now react to all these single proteins, as well as to Citric Acid, which contains Glutamate.

It is not just the Vaccines and it is not just the Glycine. I think blaming the glycine is a cop out; a cover for the real culpit..Glutamate.

They did not tell you how much of that hydrolyzed protein was Glutamate.
You can bet that a good portion of it was.

www.msgmyth.com...

This was one long paragraph. I have broken it up for easier reading:

“A February 2007 news release has validated what we have been suggesting for years. A Canadian team has lead research that has involved 120 scientists from 19 countries and 50 institutions. Studied were the genetic codes of 1168 families, each of which had at least two autistic sufferers. In the analysis, researchers implicated the gene neurexin 1 on chromosome 2, and a sequence on chromosome 11. They code for glutamate synapses and receptors and transport proteins that deal directly with glutamate's use as a neurotransmitter. The study mentions glutamate's role in wiring the brain during early fetal development and its ability to elevate neuronal activity. Neurexin 1 is specifically believed to be involved in glutamate synapses, and the section of chromosome 11 has been linked to proteins that ferry glutamate across synapses.

A combination of mutations in any of these genes could contribute to the likelihood of being born with autism. Competing theories linking autism to environmental factors persist. One such theory that the report mentioned, linked mercury in childhood vaccines. In a recent e-mail from Jack Samuels discussing these new findings with me, he said, "While everyone is looking for a connection of mercury to autism, the following referenced article should have encouraged scientists to look for a possible connection of the ever increasing use of free glutamic acid (MSG) in our food supply."

: Paschner et al. ("Methylmercury alters glutamate transport in astrocytes." Neurochem Int. Aug-Sep, 200; 37 (23): 199-206). It states, "In the absence of glutamate, neurons are unaffected by acute exposure to mercury... Co-application of nontoxic concentrations of methylmercury and glutamate leads to typical appearance of neuronal lesions associated with excitotoxic stimulation (Matyja and Albrecht 1993.)" Although ethylmercury was used in some vaccines, it is Jack's understanding that it would have the same effect as methylmercury.

Glutamate was present in many childhood vaccines where mercury was also present. I agree with Jack Samuels when he says, "One must ask if autism is directly related to a genetic defect (above) or if a predisposition for autism is inherited, a predisposition that is activated due to the ever increasing amount of processed free glutamic acid and aspartame that pregnant women are exposed to." Keep in mind, in the last 10 years, the number of diagnosed cases of autism has increased ten-fold. And as Carol Hoernlein posted on our board at www.msgmyth.com, many autistic children share many of the symptoms we (MSG reactive individuals) suffer. "20% have epilepsy. Many have food sensitivities, hyperactivity, sensitivity to light, sound, pain. They throw tantrums, have digestive distress." This comes as vindication after decades of being told that MSG (glutamate) sensitivity was "all in our heads." We look forward to more research and answers with excitement and hope.

If you think that just withholding vaccines from your child will solve the problem, you are sadly mistaken. Gelatin is a Protein. Read about hydrolyzed protein and weep.

Hydrolyzed Protein is now a main ingredient is all commercial ferilizers used on your veggies. I can no longer eat veggies....NOT even Organics.
FDA says it is ok to use this stuff on organics.
ALSO all you commercial Meats are now washed or otherwise treated with a citric acic solution.. The makers and users like to tell you that it just evaporates. They lie!. It apparently has osmotic properties and permeates every cell of the meat. I have picked chicken to the bone as far away fromt eh surface of the meat as possible and still get sick from it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here are some excerpts from other sites.

Also be sure to look at www.truthinlabeling.org...

Glutamate and Autism
On Age of Autism today,John Erb has a very good post on the role of glutamate in vaccines, and in food in the form of MSG, and autism. Specifically the rapid brain growth seen in children like my Chandler and his big beautiful giant head. Everyone in the vaccine debate needs to read it, along with the information Carol Hoernlein has posted on MSGTruth.org.

“I have a very clear memory of watching tv with my mother around 1976 when we saw a commercial for Accent Flavor Enhancer - "Brings Out The Flavor Of Food!". I must have said something to the effect of, 'hey mom... lets get that." (apparently I was a foodie from quite a young age). She explained that Accent was not a spice mix that actually makes the food taste better, but a chemical called monosodium glutamate that acts on your brain to make it think the food tastes better, and that we couldn't buy it because it gave her those horrible migraines that sent her to bed for days.”
adventuresinautism.blogspot.com...

“MSG is absorbed very quickly in the gastrointestinal tract when it is in liquid form such as soups. MSG could spike blood plasma levels of glutamate. Glutamic acid is in a class of chemicals known as excitotoxins. High levels of excitotoxins are proven in animal studies to cause damage to the brain and a variety of chronic diseases.

Under current FDA regulations, significant amounts of free glutamate can be included in food under the following ingredient labels: MSG, monosodium glutamate, glutamic acid, hydrolyzed protein, autolyzed protein, textured protein, yeast extract, autolyzed yeast extract, protein isolate, soy sauce, modified food starch, modified corn starch, calcium caseinate, and sodium caseinate. In some cases, significant amounts of free glutamate are also added as broth, maltodextrin, seasonings, or natural flavour. (source: Wikipedia)
MSG is best removed from an autism diet because autistic kids tend to be sensitive to it. With so many unhealthy effects, in fact, it is best to remove this additive from the diet of your entire family.” www.autismdietplan.com...

“The literature is clear in demonstrating that MSG is toxic to humans and that over 25% of the population suffer adverse reactions from MSG. In the opinion of this writer, the subject is only controversial because of the input of the three organizations mentioned above and because of research they have funded to discredit findings of others and to tell the story that the glutamate industry wants told, research that is flawed to the point of being worthless.4
"Monosodium glutamate" is approximately 78% processed free glutamic acid and 22% sodium (salt) and moisture, with about 1% contaminants. It is the processed free glutamic acid that causes people to suffer adverse reactions, and, unfortunately, there are over 40 food ingredients other than "monosodium glutamate" that contain processed free glutamic acid in varying amounts.5 Consequently, consumers refer to all processed “
www.westonaprice.org...

“Why would the FDA side with the glutamate and food and drug industry in claiming MSG is safe? The FDA says that there is no science to indicate that MSG is unsafe. That is a blatant lie. All one need do is to access the Medline retrieval service at a medical school library, a major public library, or through the Internet. Do a "keyword search," requesting abstracts, using the words "glutamic acid" in combination with the words "learning disabilities." Then do additional searches in which you combine "glutamic acid" with such words as "obesity," "brain lesions," "blood brain barrier," "placental barrier," "migraine headache," "tachycardia," "asthma," "seizures," "neurodegenerative disease," "retina," "schizophrenia," "hormones," "amyotrophic lateral sclerosis," and "multiple sclerosis." Also, access the Psychological Abstracts retrieval system and combine the words "glutamic acid" with "behavior."

Long before you have finished your search, you will wonder what the FDA is thinking when they continue a GRAS (generally recognized as safe) designation for MSG. You may also wonder how the EPA can allow free glutamic acid to be sprayed on agricultural crops.” www.westonaprice.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"Glycine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, especially in the spinal cord, brainstem, and retina. When glycine receptors are activated, chloride enters the neuron via ionotropic receptors, causing an Inhibitory postsynaptic potential (IPSP). Strychnine is a strong antagonist at ionotropic glycine receptors, whereas bicuculline is a weak one. Glycine is a required co-agonist along with glutamate for NMDA receptors. In contrast to the inhibitory role of glycine in the spinal cord, this behaviour is facilitated at the (NMDA) glutaminergic receptors which are excitatory.[citation needed] The LD50 of glycine is 7930 mg/kg in rats (oral),[8] and it usually causes death by hyperexcitability."

Wiki

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here’s some more. I could likely continue for hours, but it is late & I must retire.
Good nite all.

MSG, Cancer, and Your Heart
"That is, my heart becomes like Jell-O," said Samuels, "and just beats all over the place. It sometimes takes me five to six days to get over the attack."
But how could MSG be responsible? Dr. Russell Blaylock says it's because glutamate gets into the blood quickly and stays there. So a person eating MSG throughout the day can raise glutamate blood levels dangerously high.”
www.cbn.com...

Here is a page with links to many pertinent articles:
www.whale.to...

Glycine seems to be used as a treatment for autism.
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=

I have some DMG. I loved it for its effects. I could work out without the usual after fatigue. It is an anti oxcident better than anything. It is used by owners of race horses. Now, if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that if they give something to those million dollar horses, it has to be good. No one would want to poison such an investment. A sick horse isn’t worth the leather in his hide. A sick human on the other hand is worth millions to the Med/Pharma industry.

Are you all familiar with allergykids.com... ?

“In the last twenty years, the new childhood epidemics of allergies, asthma, autism and ADHD have increased dramatically:

• 400% increase in allergies,
• 300% increase in asthma,
• 400% increase in ADHD
• and an increase of between 1,500 and 6,000% in the number of children with autism-spectrum disorders.”

**emphasis mine

[edit on 5-12-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Is it ignorant of me to opine (seriously) that there must be a difference between injecting a glycine compound into your bloodstream, and ingesting it?

I had expected that the digestive system and the endocrine processes would act as a modulator or filter for whatever chemicals enter the system.... but in the case of injections into the bloodstream it must be a completely different effect.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

fantastic thread, excellent evidence u r providing S+F.
I feel I may be about to overstep the mark & if I do then I apologise & suggest people simply ignore my post if it offends, I will get the message & leave it alone

Have you heard of subsonic drum therapy?

Its non invasive, you could even witness some fun being had

The patient sits at a 'table' which is actually a drum, they drum on the surface/tabletop and it creates subsonic sounds that are absorbed through the patients feet and legs which are under the table, I may be mistaken but my understanding is that autistic people have a unique relationship with the subsonic range of 'sound' normally inaudible by the human ear, but that it can be sensed by some autistic people & so perhaps a passing truck would be making noise that I myself would not notice but might be very unpleasant or distressing for an autistic person who was more sensitive to those frequencies. Likewise, that same sensitivity can create enhanced therapeutic affects on the observer of carefully designed subsonic waves like that from the therapeutic drums.

I am currently researching sound itself as my current passion, I've been a musician for my whole life tho, I have been considering a career in sonic based therapies and wanted to be sure they actually worked & helped as they claimed they did, before i invested too much of myself into what could turn out to be an ineffective & detrimental practice. Personally tho, and with what research i've achieved over the last few years, I have complete faith in the power of sound/music and it only seems logical that if they can set up standing waves to levitate water, known as a "chinese water spouting bowl" (impressive if you can find a picture/video on google)
well, if they find out that sound can levitate water 1000's of years ago, and we're 90% water too, surely there are some therapeutic applications of sound waiting to be discovered & put into practice, or already are being used.

No problem at all if you've not heard of this therapy, or simply don't wish to discuss information about it with me, I won't pretend to understand what life is like for you, or the situations or anything, but my heart goes out to you & more importantly my strength
because it is the beautiful loving caretakers of the world like yourself that need & deserve it, i.e. my sentiment is that if there indeed IS a god, he/she damn well better be helping out the people who deserve it, like yourself. Better yet, I pray to the universe itself to manifest & draw kind compassionate & helpful people to you & yours.

Much love,
-B.M

P.S)
Drum circles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Hannah More School in Reisterstown, students are shaking, tapping, and pounding their way to better health. The conditions vary from dyslexia, to attention deficit disorder, to autism, but in this class there's only one form of therapy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
music therapy may help patient cope with loud environments (not drumming from what i could tell, dunno bout this one :S)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drum Therapy

Rhythmic drumming induces altered states, which have a wide range of therapeutic applications. A recent study by Barry Quinn, Ph.D. demonstrates that even a brief drumming session can double alpha brain wave activity, dramatically reducing stress.

Music educator Ed Mikenas finds that drumming provides “an authentic experience of unity and physiological synchronicity. If we put people together who are out of sync with themselves (i.e., diseased, addicted) and help them experience the phenomenon of entrainment, it is possible for them to feel with and through others what it is like to be synchronous in a state of preverbal connectedness.” 6

~~~~~~~
DAD & vater drums

also
here

and
here
~~~~~~~~~~~
drum workshop
~~~~~~~~~~~
a beautiful albiet unrelated story....

The fact that Elvin was on stage at all from April 21 to 26, an oxygen tank by his side, constituted such a victory of the human spirit that grown folks were in tears at almost every table in the club. What Elvin was trying to convey was infinitely more powerful than his ability or inability to say it, but still each song, each brushstroke, was electric with the communal intensity of a crowd willing a hero forward, and a hero drawing strength from their love.

~~~~~~~~
GAH! AFTER A DARNED LONG TIME WITH MANY FAILED GOOGLE SEARCHES I FINALLY FOUND INFO POINTING AT THE EXACT DRUM THAT I'D HEARD OF
ITS CALLED A "TABLE DRUM" & IS SUBSONIC & USED IN THERAPY.

Table Drum PDF

Table drum info & purchase

The Table Drum is used successfully in all kinds of therapy (music, linguistic, psychic therapy) and rhythmical-musical education. Its strong and deep vibrations are felt more than heard, especially in the lower parts of the body.

Vibrational drum therapy PDF

RTF 60 Frame Drum with feet

The new RTF 60 is an interesting and low-priced alternative to the large Table Drum. It is especially well-suited for use in therapeutic treatment programmes, early musical education, in kindergartens and nursery schools, as well as
for music lessons at the primary school level.

Rythmic medicine - table drum info & purchase
~~~~~~
k, now I'm satisfied with my post...
I don't know anything about the topic other than these drums,
its all i've got to give,
but I really wanted to try to help if i could,

all the best

-B.M

[edit on 5/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
There have been some doctors aying for a long time that the huge increase in instances of childhood autism are due to the vaccines, but have always been shouted down.
One interesting article I saw a couple of years ago mentioned two examples of controlled groups who show little or no instances of autism. One group were from a doctors practice that was not giving the vaccines, the other was from the Amish community, who shun the vaccines others are given.
The evidence certainly looked compelling but, as has been said before, the mighty dollar trumps eveything.

Another group that doesnt have much autism is old people.

They say the rate is now 1 male in 58 among children.

Very interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What great news, and thank you OP. Like you, I have a son who is autistic

I'll just say this...

despite the propaganda that says that vaccines do not cause autism, they very well freaking do.

I know from experience.

My son, who, up until the time that he had one of his vaccines, was well ahead of the curve, suddenly went into a downward spiral. Within 2 weeks of having his vaccine.

2 weeks after his vaccine, the downward spiral began.

I am sorry, but no one will ever tell me different. I know what caused it. He now is irreparably damaged. Officially his condition is called Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, and is one dang nasty thing to have.

It was not long after this event that the news came out about the vaccine companies getting full immunities to any damage done by their vaccines.

Oh yeah. No one, I do not care what studies you throw into my face, no one will ever tell me differently. I saw it first hand. I was there, comforting him in all of his confusion, and to this day, look into his eyes and see what's behind them, and know just what those ... people... did to my, until then, happy, completely normal child.

By the way, no one in our family other than him have been diagnosed with autism. It may be genetic, but not here.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have Asperger's and it has caused me so much stress that I have considered taking my life before, honestly, I'd rather do chemo sometimes, at least people would understand my pain more.

I hope those vaccine companies go out of business for what they have done and the people guilty of these corporate crimes are exposed for who they really are.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My heart goes out to all of you that have suffered from this horror. One can only hope that a proven link will lead to a cure.
I also hope that MSM doesn't ignore this one the way have other things lately.

I do think its a lot different injecting vs. digesting. That doesn't make things like MSG good for you but gelatin as a food has been around a long time the increase in Autism is recent.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

The following questions come to mind.

1. Why is the Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein (HCP) the issue and not the Glutamate?

Glutamate is one of the components of Aspartame (Nutrasweet) and is a known excitotoxin (nerve toxin).

2. Is this effect due to the route of administration?

Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein (HCP) is just Gelatin...
...which is comprised of a subset of amino-acids of both essential and endogenous origin necessary for the construction of bone, connective tissue, skin and nails...
...if this was given orally it would have as much effect as a soft-serve ice-cream.

The same amino-acids are available in any complete protein (fish, chicken, beef, lamb)...
...so does intravenous or intramuscular injection change the behavior of glycine somehow?

[edit on 6/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Great find. My son is autistic - now high functioning. He's smart, but really odd. He comes from a long line of aspies and relatives with autistic traits now that we know what they are. BUT he's the first with full blown autism. I've always wondered if it was the actual vaccine load that they're filling our kids up with. This is interesting.

I wonder if this is why a gluten free (or gluten free/casein free) diet works for some children. I was very skeptical, but finally put DS on gluten free. It worked wonders! It made such a difference that he self-checks for wheat or gluten before asking for a treat or taking a snack from someone. (He's 10)

I'm so skeptical of anything the CDC or FDA approve since all their employees want to move up to high paying jobs in pharma. My son's new neurologist just about knocked me off my chair when I asked about the swine flu vaccine by responding "Don't get it. We don't understand the connection between vaccines and autism yet". We'll be keeping him around!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Question:

I have issues with MSG as well, it causes irregular heartbeat and hypertension. From the post and articles it appears that glutamate and glycine imbalances are bad.

Can taking Glycine help or neutralize the effects of glutamate (msg / glutamic acid) ???

Since it appears glutamic acid / msg can "build up" in the body, is there a way to neutralize it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join