It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesse ventura advocates medical marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

in this jesse ventura speaks about his stance on decriminalization

here on ats we are not allowed to discuss decriminalization for recreational use

we are only allowed to speak of it on a medical level

he starts off the in the interview explaining why legalizing it is a good idea, he then adds his stance as the medical aspect is considered

he makes many good points, many are intertwined between the medical aspect and decriminalization

the 2 often go hand in hand as making it medically legal will also affect the points he touches on regarding recreational legalization

this is not a thread advocating personal use, nor does it link to anything advocating personal use, it simply is a opinion regarding the ways we can change many of the bad things taking place today in our society

the same things that he speaks of in the interview will be achieved whether or not it is legalized only medically, or across the board

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Medical Marijuana is pretty easy to get here in CA, ... anyone can get a license for $160 bucks and buy as much as they want.

but if they completely legalized it ... it would solve the country's economic problems as it is the biggest cash crop in the U.S.

..... my only beef with Jesse is, ... he better stop smoking it and taking all these offbeat stances if he ever wants to be president.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
i completely agree with what he speaks of regarding the illegal entities gaining due to the fact these substances are illegal

when he uses the example of prohibition he is spot on with everything he says

it clearly does not make sense to continue down this path we are on when it obviously benefits not one righteous american, however it does benefit several worldwide illegal entities

if the government would simply put this in the same or similar class as morphine, many of these entities would simply cease to exist, sure some would venture into other areas, but at least it would be one less front we have to fight on

this is all something that can be perceived as advocation of legalization, however i believe when discussing such a thing there is a very fine line between discussion of across the board legalization for recreational use and legalization for medicinal use with the same controls every other pharmaceutical has

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Medical Marijuana is pretty easy to get here in CA, ... anyone can get a license for $160 bucks and buy as much as they want.

but if they completely legalized it ... it would solve the country's economic problems as it is the biggest cash crop in the U.S.

..... my only beef with Jesse is, ... he better stop smoking it and taking all these offbeat stances if he ever wants to be president.

CA is great regarding the medical marijuana issue, i am very familiar with it as i was involved in it while spending time living in california

i think that state is a great template for other states getting involved in the medical movement

off topic i am not sure what stances you are referring to regarding ventura

personally everything i have heard from him makes great sense and he never gets caught up in conspiracy, he simply asks intelligent questions

i think thats a trait we need in more americans, more people need to be asking questions

like he says all the time, we have all been brainwashed into believing there are no stupid questions, but in regards to our government as of late, (even though its been this way since the beginning of history) with increased communication technology, we are increasingly being attacked and made to look stupid for asking questions

there are many things politically that dont make sense, we should be allowed to ask questions and deny ignorance

the only way anyone interviewing him can debate him is by making him look stupid for asking intelligent questions

no matter what stance or side you take on a issue, to not allow someone to ask a question no matter how "dumb" it may sound, only makes the person being asked the question look dumb

i have great respect and admiration for anyone who has the guts to ask questions with the way things are today

personally i believe ventura would be the best president we have had in a very long time

on top of that, it would be truly great to have a independent president, not one controlled by party lines

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

I was just sayin, ... Jesse always seems to be taking the road less traveled, ... which is great, ... however no one else touches it because they want to get re-elected next time around, .... I don't think middle america wants to hear about legalizing marijuana, when their in the process of outlawing Salvia.

I just dont think he would ever get elected president by being the odd man out, .... we all know if you want to make it to the top you got to play the game by their rules, and get middle america in your back pocket.

he should stop making his TV show and spend some time on a ranch clearing brush, haha.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Dramey

I was just sayin, ... Jesse always seems to be taking the road less traveled, ... which is great, ... however no one else touches it because they want to get re-elected next time around, .... I don't think middle america wants to hear about legalizing marijuana, when their in the process of outlawing Salvia.

I just dont think he would ever get elected president by being the odd man out, .... we all know if you want to make it to the top you got to play the game by their rules, and get middle america in your back pocket.

he should stop making his TV show and spend some time on a ranch clearing brush, haha.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

now i understand your stance and i fully agree with you

it will be hard for him to get accepted by tackling these topics

many people will be trying to hold him down

however if he is able to somehow overcome the adversity of all the higher ups trying to stifle him, by taking on the subjects he does, he just may be able to get people to start thinking

however thats only if he can get coverage and exposure on a national level, which like you say will be very hard for him to do while he is involved in these subject matters

its interesting he talks about how he would run if he could get on the ballots of all 50 states

what i am curious about is what does that really take? who do you have to bribe? how much money is needed to be spent in order to get on that ballot?

id like to hope he has a chance, but you are fully correct, it will be very hard for him to get elected or even have the chance to be elected if he keeps on such controversial topics

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
i think that also makes for interesting discussion, how come in a country with freedom of speech, can people be so suppressed just by disagreeing with others regarding such important topics

i would think in a free country we would encourage minority voices to enable us to see things from different angles

yet now if anyone views things through a different pair of glasses, they are outcast

that alone really adds great credibility to the conspiracies involving not only medical marijuana but things like 9/11 also

top topics

join