It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman arrested for trying to record 'Twilight' on digital camera

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93
reply to post by chise61

I stand by what I said, both times.

She was prosecuted. She is being prosecuted.

At any time after the act of prosecution has been initiated it is accurate to say "she was prosecuted", as it has happened.... she was prosecuted.

No, Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by slimpickens93]

Not accurate.

As I read it, she has been charged. The doesn't necessarily mean she will be prosecuted.

A lot depends on the attitude of the copyright owner, who may choose not to press charges, in which case she will not be prosecuted, but she could still face civil penalties (a lawsuit). It may go to arbitration.

Being charged is not the same as being prosecuted. Lots of people are charged over stuff all the time and are never prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93
reply to post by chise61

I stand by what I said, both times.

She was prosecuted. She is being prosecuted.

At any time after the act of prosecution has been initiated it is accurate to say "she was prosecuted", as it has happened.... she was prosecuted.

No, Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.

When was she prosecuted? I seem to have completely missed that part. What was the final charge and what was the verdict? Was there a sentence?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
all that is required is a phone call
absolutely anyone can spend lock up time just because of a baseless phone call

Yeah, except if you have money.... aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddddd we're back to the middle ages where classes matter more than the law...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah, except if you have money.... aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddddd we're back to the middle ages where classes matter more than the law...

oooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr she could have just not comitted a crime. See how that works too?
See how the law works in with that. If she had not broken it, her class would not be anything you would be concerned with.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

www.suntimes.com...
umpach insisted she recorded no more than three minutes while in the theater — and said not all of the video she shot was of the movie. There’s footage of she and her relatives singing to her sister, she said. “We sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to her in the theater,” Tumpach said.

She also took pictures of family members in the theater before the film began, but an usher who saw the photo session never issued them a warning, Tumpach said.

As ads and previews ran on the big screen, she fiddled with the camera — which she got in July and is still learning how to work — and was surprised to see it took clear videos of the screen.

The footage she shot also includes the pre-film commercials, as well as her talking about the camera and the movie.

“You can hear me talking the whole time,” Tumpach said.

She plans to fight in court the felony filed against her because she said she did nothing wrong — and certainly didn’t try to secretly tape the movie.

“It was never my intention to record the movie,” she said.

So was she intending to ruin it for everyone else? Not only did they sing happy birthday in a public movie theater but talked during (at least) the begginning of the movie, filmed themselves acting like clowns and expected no negative reactions from management or other paying audience members? :shk:

Oh the poor dear. Maybe she should also sue for emotional trauma and should bleed this story dry for all the attention she can get. Oh wait she is.
The owners of happy birthday should have her charged too.

Victim my left buttock!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by riley]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Oh the poor dear. Maybe she should also sue for emotional trauma and should bleed this story dry for all the attention she can get. Oh wait she is.
The owners of happy birthday should have her charged too.

Victim my left buttock!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by riley]

LOL. It is copyrighted and the family has actively sued. Hmm, so they sang it in a public theater with an audience present eh...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join