It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It feels like the world is ending

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The entertainment industry isn't very entertaining these days. I honestly believe now that what we are getting on TV and games, movies- This is all just some grand illusion to keep us from seeing there is something really wrong with the world.

Luckily I'm not alone in seeing this. My few friends are having this same problem. As much as we want to be playing games, they just aren't fun. I think there is a huge separation in the gaming community. Some like us are able to see through the illusive crap we're given. Others of weaker minds, asleep or damaged can not see the truth and blindly play their lives away at no gain. At least they feel the illusion of enjoyment, even though it doesn't compare to what they could have.

This isn't just about games. Just turn on the TV now or think of the last few movies we've seen. They are nothing compared to what we've seen years ago. Comedies these days only contain a few laughs, if any. Compare that to 10 years ago or more, where we had great classics like naked gun. Look at the Scary movie series and the crap that came after that. The Harry Potter series, after the first 2 movies they just got blatantly worse, like they were cheaply made just to rake in money.
Every so often we'll get an enjoyable movie rise out of sewers, a great illusion must do things like this to be successful.

Now for TV. Do I even need to explain? All I see on the news is global warming. As if I didn't notice the progression of deception.

For me, this is one huge pointer to 2012. It's all getting worse the closer we get.
Prepare, wake up, spend time with your loved one. We can't go back.
If you are still playing games, wake up. If you are watching tv, take a good hard look at what you're seeing. If you read this far and disagree, perhaps you haven't reached this stage yet. It might workout better to live in an illusion.

I normally don't share my thoughts. But if this can help anyone then great. You aren't alone. Forgive my grammar.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i have, on a personal note, left all kinds of entertainment from mainstream tv or maintstream movies. The last TV i bought was 7 years ago and i gave it to my daughter that same year... I prefer writting and reading...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying. I don't know if you have noticed anything strange about the weather lately or not...but I sure have. See...my birthday falls on spring break every year. So I have roughly 23 real memories to go by when recalling what the weather is like at a particular time of the year. I'm 26 years old by the way...just counting the years I can actually remember. Anyway, my point is..Every year around my birthday, it would start hitting the 70 degree or above mark outside. We'd have our annual invasion of termites almost like clockwork. Give or take a day or two. Over the past couple of years, I've noticed it really doesn't warm up like it used too. And this last summer was actually more like a very very long spring. And so far...our fall/winter has been fairly warm. Normally it is much cooler by now..but we've had 60 degree days in November and December. Not that I am complaining, but it's odd. It feels as though the seasons here are flat lining. They are sort of evening out. If that makes any sense...

As for the games and movies...Hollywood knows where the money is at. They feed off of our fears and right now people are afraid of the end of the world. If you want a good laugh, I recently watched a movie called The Ugly Truth. Loved it. It made me giggle. Actually at one point I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. It was pretty much amazing.

Anyway...I hear what you are saying...loud and clear. Something just doesn't feel right.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

The entertainment industry isn't very entertaining these days. I honestly believe now that what we are getting on TV and games, movies- This is all just some grand illusion to keep us from seeing there is something really wrong with the world.

The most dangerous thing to an entrenched power structure whose sole purpose is accumulating as much wealth as possible is an aware,awake,and informed populous.

Hence, the mass media distraction.

like they were cheaply made just to rake in money.

Yes... they were.

Welcome to the distraction machine, that makes you poor at the same time.

Now for TV. Do I even need to explain? All I see on the news is global warming. As if I didn't notice the progression of deception.

LOL!

Good man.... Good man.

For me, this is one huge pointer to 2012.

Yes, that is their plan.

The "Pointers" are a way of preparing us for their eventual goals, so that less people will panic because, "We have seen this before"

All in all... great post, S+F

-Edrick

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not the greatest at explaining my thoughts so thanks for the understanding.

There is another disappointment too. Music. But that would be different for everyone. Me personally, I find modern day music is too mechanical, screechy and annoying. So there, another pointer we're heading into a dead future. Even if 2012 is a complete hoax, whatever comes after doesn't seem to be any better. The only thing we have and will have to live for is knowledge and company. But then, even knowledge is kept from us..

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You feel this way because the world IS coming to an end!

If you've never studied Biblical prophecy,now is the time!

If you're not already a "believer",this may be your Wake-Up call!

By the way,have you ever heard of Malachi Martin?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The SHTF or the world ends everyday for someone.

I too, have the feeling of impending doom for mankind.

Once I read a story about a man that spent his entire life waiting for the end and for Jesus to come back. He started his wait the day Jesus was crucified.

Mankind has not stopped looking and waiting for the end of our world since time began.

It is my opinion that our world is changing and that change is accelerating.

Surely, it is common sense or logical reasoning to understand the changes are a normal condition. Normal in the sense that some of the changes we have caused but also in the sense that the earth would be changing even if it were not inhabited by man.

I catch myself looking at my grandchildren and wondering if they will live to be old.

Then I snap out of it and remember that people have been talking about the world coming to an end since I first began communicating with others.
I heard the same story for 62 years.

But there is a different feeling lately. Am I being programed to feel this way or is it real?

These are confusing times we are living in.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
OP welcome to the wonders of growing older.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
If you've never studied Biblical prophecy,now is the time!

I tried but I found the bible was written in such an unusual way I couldn't understand the story or remember it well. I am agnostic, ex-mormon. I think most religions today worship extraterrestrials. From what I've read, there seems to be a lot of theories to back that up. I keep and open mind about it all but that's as far as I can go. In the end it's not what we believe, but how we lived. Maybe..

By the way,have you ever heard of Malachi Martin?

No but I will google him. Cheers

[edit on 4/12/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I respect what many of you are saying and I understand all the hoopla and focus around 2012 but I just don't buy its significance. In about 1973 I felt very much as many of you feel and I had my reasons. The world is a frightening place and the world's governments largely corrupted and yet we are still here and many of us living in relative prosperity - if you own a computer, have a place to live and are eating regularly I'd say you're pretty well off...so please understand where I'm coming from.

I worry about diminishing resources, war, annihilation of the planet and any number of cataclysms but at some point I decided to "rejoin society" and live my life the best I could and remain hopeful. Things may look very dark but please keep learning, loving and improving yourself as a human being. Opportunities and new discoveries may come our way that are very positive and to be ready for them you need to be sharp and live your life with dignity and respect for the good you see around yourself.
Even if I knew for a fact that the world was ending next month...I'd still want to keep practicing and getting better at what I do. I'd still want to tend my garden and watch the birds and all the animals benefit from what I have cultivated. One month could be the entire lifespan for some living beings here on earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The world will not end soon, my friend...well, at least the third planet from the medium-sized star that we call 'Sun' will be around for a long, long time.

We may or may not be close to the end of homo sapiens, but just remember that every end is a new beginning...and that's probably the way our species began anyway...so this is probably a natural process.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

When all else fails,I fall back on this...!

John 3:16:"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son,that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Here's a brief about Malaci...

Mwww.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
OP welcome to the wonders of growing older.

Probably true, I think that's probably the biggest part of it. I am 23, but there is a huge range of people and ages that are enjoying the crap that's out there. Why would I grow out of these things and they stay with them? Here an obvious fact about the gaming industry. EA release crap. Blizzard make good games, but don't release them for years at a time. SO the end result is you either play crap or playing nothing.

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Even if I knew for a fact that the world was ending next month...I'd still want to keep practicing and getting better at what I do. I'd still want to tend my garden and watch the birds and all the animals benefit from what I have cultivated. One month could be the entire lifespan for some living beings here on earth.

Good stuff. I myself spent a lot of nights out in the spa watching stars. That's just where I get peace of mind and satisfaction with being alive. But then there's the odd objects moving out there some nights, lol.. A completely different subject though heheh

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Yes ChrisCrikey, what you are talking about is hope. It really is the only way to survive each day and enjoy what we have.

I began collecting garden seed three years ago. After each harvest I have enough seed to start the next year's planting.

If I had not hope, I believe I would loose all sanity.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by nightrun

Different people like different things and those things can change. Especially as we age. Case in point, can you recreate the fun you had playing with toys you once had? The world is not ending, just changing. But, in a sense it did already in that it's not the same. Best not to hold on to tightly and go with the flow.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
As watcher in the shadows stated, "we are aging" and that's one of the common reasons why we lose taste in some things in life.

I also don't doubt the idea of entertainment serving as a blanket to cover your eyes to successfully prevent humanity from seeking the real truth, Thus removing this blanket will cause the "loss of taste" of entertainment to seek a greater truth.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

In some cases this great junkfood media overdose we're getting is meant to distract us from what's happening...and in some cases it's used to make us believe something bad IS happening when its not. It's a double edged sword. It's a complicated system which is used to confuse us on both ends. It's basically "don't think this" on one side...and "definately think this!" on the other. This goes for news programs, reality tv shows, and all the apocalyptic movies coming out right now which urge people to almost run from the theatres and into the nearest bunker. HAH! Suckers!

I don't watch TV much. I watched it maybe once in the past week. When I go to work or mingle with people outside of my house, I am often shocked by how many people actually scorn me for this! They seem to think I'm wierd because I don't really watch much TV, and they assert that they almost NEED tv! That's kind of scary. It disgusts and diappoints me to meet such people. And it seems to constitute ALOT of people. WTF is wrong with them?

I guess as long as people are plugged into their TV's much like junkies with needles hanging out of their veins, they won't see any light except for the the light of the old Boob Tube.

I HATE those people.
I'm sorry, I do.
You all digust me and I think you are a deadweight to society that should be pruned off because of your uselessness. You lower the quality of life for the rest of us with your low-class habits and need for a Roman-style spectacle, like maybe a gladiator arena for example. Yeah, that was healthy. Look what happened to the Romans. Goddamn bunch of stupid low class hedonistic useless slobs got corrupted by their own fiendish appetites and destroyed themselves...and maybe alot of innocent people who WANTED to live more wholesome lives couldn't because every industry and piece of land was reserved for the useless scum.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Go with the flow. That's pretty much been an attitude I have had for many years, now.

In the 1970's, I, too, felt like "the end is near." So much so, that I didn't give a crap about things for, oh, I guess it was about 4 or 5 years. Then I snapped out of it.

I had things I could do. I had people to meet, to love, to enjoy, and deeds to do, no matter how small they might seem to me, were needed because they meant much to others.

And, now, I am 56 years old. I have been contacted on facebook by people I had long forgotten, or had just decided, oh, well, that's a part of my life that is over, sort of thing. These people now tell me how much something I did or said, meant greatly to them, and even changed their outlook on life. Imagine me, a loser, heh, having some sort of positive effect on others.

I'm glad these folks have searched for me and contacted me, because it provides me the opportunity to respond to them in kind. They, too, had great impact upon my life, my attitude and my spirit.

Yes, things seem to be speeding up, now. I recall it has always seemed that way to me. Each year going by faster and faster, each season not as long as it seems it used to be. Art Bell calls it The Quickening. Maybe that is what it is. I am not an expert on the Mayan calendar, but I recall reading somewhere that it is made up of shorter and shorter periods of, for lack of a better word, ages.

But, hey. It's all good. Enjoy living. Enjoy friends and familiy and loved ones. As for me, although I have no idea if anyone will ever see all the paintings I spend lots of time working, rather, playing, on. I'm not going to stop painting just because, maybe, the world will end in 2012. I'm enjoying right now. And, I believe I will take all this experience and love from friends and family with me, wherever it is I end up. That's my job. That's my purpose.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Just letting you know I've read your comment and appreciate it. I agree with everything you said and knew it all too.

I guess what I'm questioning right now is if the failure of the entertainment industry is a sign of something to come. You only have to look around to see that right now we're at a really ugly stage of living. Then again, that can just be me reaching that age of realization and this current society status is just a stage of society (like how 80s fashion is to the 80s). But yes, I'll just go with the flow.

Thanks for the response. If you have a gallery online I'd take a look, no worries otherwise. Cheers

edit: no, it's not a stage of personal realization. I can literally point out the flaws in the games and movies. Like for zelda, the latest one had invisible walls, boundaries you couldn't cross. There was only 1 direction you could really play. Compare that to older games, ocarina of time and windwaker where you could travel anywhere but only become lost or blocked but you still had freedoms.

Then there's Dragon Age where they say you can make your own story. What a load of crap, the only choices you get in the game are whether to kill someone or not and it has no effect on story. I could go on but in the end the obvious is that we're being handed crap from the entertainment world. Modern games don't compare to old, that's not just my personal opinion.

The only thing left for us is to go outside (which is quite good as a result lol..)
Forgive me for ranting.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks so much, nightrun, for starting this thread. I don't know much about gaming but I find your observations really interesting and very valid insights as to the effects of media in what we see as possible or not possible in ourselves and our ability to effect our environment, our imaginations and the world we live in. I imagine a poorly designed game could make one depressed, cynical, and thoroughly non-creative.

I agree with you, I don't see much new or exciting in the arts - everything seems derivitave and none too inspiring, though I have seen some really cool stuff happening and cool music from other countries, "developing countries" if you will, that are really great, zesty, creative, full of life, not naive or politically unaware by any means! Check out some of the modern day "gypsy music" for example - I mean real gypsies, ethnic gypsies. Great stuff. Maybe they should start designing video game software. : )

As thoughtful as you are, maybe someday you will design some games that are more empowering, positive and even educational...at the same time fun to play.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join