It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Lawsuit here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Got a girl over here, trying to impress her, had the place put up nice.

And what do you expect but a FML scenario.

The neighbors toilet upstairs, (apartment) is spilling downstairs into my bathroom, my bathtub is partially filled with piss and whatever that other colored stuff is... not even going there!

This has me feeling I should take my whole day off tomorrow to look for a way to F*** over the landlord!

Even if there is no lawsuit available, (i'll be speaking with friends with favors and professors) I'll just be glad to fk over the persons life, who allowed someone to piss and # in my bathroom, VIA dripping from the ceiling!!! On a Date brought home!!!!

I can understand the typical but rare overflooding, but when piss and # are falling into my bathroom, VIA the ceiling from the new neighbors, I demand FKN! answers!!!!!

Any help or directions to laws would help. I'll be looking to professors and my law books for this, but right now, i'm just FKN pissed about all of this!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well as a guy who runs buildings for a living I can't stand running into guys like you.No offence I am just talking from experience.
Why would you want to ef over your landlord???Sounds a tad vindictive on your part.
Was he personally responsable for peeing etc. from the upstairs apt into yours??
No....things break.He is responsable for fixing things not breaking them.
Its a building and things break.You can't blame a person for it.
The most I would give to my people is maybe a small break on rent for the inconveniance and no its not because its my fault...I didn't break whatever broke...it happens.

The idea you would want to try to screw over your landlord for something thats not his fault is disturbing to me.

This isn't all about you.

As far as answers go...there was a leak and its as simple as that.
Get over it now because it probably won't be the last time you will be inconvenianced by something like this.

If it was a home that you owned who would you sue then??
The pipe??The plumbers who installed them??Yourself??

Sorry to be brutally honest but this one touched a nerve.
Good luck man.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah, you're probably right, just really infuriated me when It happened.

It is new management though... and they can't do anything right....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hm. You can't live there with that going on. Too nasty, Republican. They need to put you in another apartment/hotel until repairs have been made, and reimburse for all inconveniences.

You might need a Tetnus shot, or preventative antibiotics, as well might your guest.

How awful this happened. I would be a little put out with the neighbor too.
They could have at least given you a warning and tried to get this mess up before it had time to seep through.

But litigation? I'm thinking.....no.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thats jumping the gun a little bit.
As far as diseases go the OP would have more chance catching something from a public washroom then from his bathroom in my opinion.
Having to relocate him is not warranted as well as the repairs can be done in one afternoon.
In my experience the tenant leaves for work in the morning and by the time they get home its done.
Lets just hope the OP's landlords get on it right away and are as quick to respond as I would be.

As far as the neighbour goes,there is a good chance they didn't even know as it could have been coming from the pipe in the floor that they can't see.If it was an overflowing toilet then they should have been smart enough to shut the supply to the toilet before it overflowed.

I can sympathize with the OP but from the other end of it.
Most people get freaked out when this stuff happens but alot of the time these things are easily fixed and usually not half as bad as they think it is.
For me its an hour of plumbing and a few hours to drywall the ceiling and put the first coat of plaster up.

The only thing to do in these situations is stay calm and just roll with the punches til its over.
If the OP is being treated unfairly and nothing is getting done then he should go the legal route but only after it is very clear because the legal route can get messy and might actually cause more grief then good sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join