It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An underground base you missed . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is located in Carson County in West Texas. It's called Pantex, and is the facility where the nukes were assembled during the cold war. It really is underground, too. When I was a kid, there were decoy cows around a barn that was the entrance. Seriously. And someone would come out and move 'em around, so they wouldn't always look the same from the air.

In the late 70's, peacenicks demonstrated there. There was a closed door meeting between the rally organizers and the dudes in suits. The suits told them they could lie on the RR tracks, or block the front gate, but not to go off any paved roads, at any cost. When other hippies showed up, they'd get herded by the 'organizers' into the proper areas. While the rally made headlines, the fact that it was sort of staged was obvious to locals.

Nowadays, Pantex is experiencing a mission change, "modernizing" U.S.'s inventory. It is also becoming the largest employer in the region.

Google Pantex, and you'll see the above ground part. The larger is underground, and most of the county is off-limits govt. property.

WARNING: ---the first page on Google is actually Pantex's website. It tells you that your viewing of the site has just been logged, and everything you click on is monitered, so don't even think about hacking! YIKES! (I now have a file someplace; or maybe just another page in an already bulging folder

Don't know if this is an alien base, but you get an idea of a genuine military/industrial operation.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow... their "Education" page (Understand Your Neighbor Radiation) sounds like something that would've been on a film-strip in public schools circa 1955... real "duck and cover" stuff.

Interesting find, man. The decoy cows thing is just... weird.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why is the Technology section not accessable??? Curios!

Ash

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Is located in Carson County in West Texas. It's called Pantex, and is the facility where the nukes were assembled during the cold war.
Nowadays, Pantex is experiencing a mission change, "modernizing" U.S.'s inventory. It is also becoming the largest employer in the region.

I live in Amarillo about 15 miles from Pantex and have several friends who work there as well. Here is a map of the pantex plant and it keeps getting bigger all the time. I've been surprised that a base this size hasn't been discuused much on ATS

Map of Pantex

History of Pantex

And yes my friends have confirmed that there are a bunch of underground tunnels at Pantex but wouldn't give any details of course

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by KillerD]

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, that sounds sure as heck fedrally related. I have to add that to my list. Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's a PDF file with some good information about Pantex.

PanTex

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Back in the early 80's I heard a strange rumor that they built a Nuke proof underground Air Force Base in Kansas or near there and it was nicknamed "Battlestar Galactica".

I did not believe it though!

new topics

top topics

join