It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver voters will be asked to create UFO commission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in Colorado - outside of Denver and just happened to see this in the Denver Post today:

Denver voters will be asked to create UFO commission
By Christopher N. Osher
The Denver Post

Posted: 12/01/2009 11:34:13 AM MST
Updated: 12/01/2009 11:38:50 AM MST

A proposal to create a Denver commission to study visitors from outer space will go before voters this summer after supporters gathered the required signatures to get it on the ballot.

City Clerk and Recorder Stephanie O'Malley sent a letter on Monday to Jeff Peckman, who submitted the signatures, stating she had deemed them sufficient.

The ordinance change required 3,974 valid signatures. Peckman submitted more than 10,000 signatures.

Peckman said he will ask voters to approve creating the commission from "grants, gifts and donations."

The seven-member commission would be tasked with collecting evidence that extraterrestrials and their "UFO vehicles" have been visiting Earth.

Peckman, 55, of Denver, and a self-described entrepreneur, said the election on the issue would go with the next regularly scheduled citywide election, currently set for Aug. 10.

He predicted that the election would cause high-profile believers in extraterrestrial to come out and tell Denver voters about what they know.

"They will see there is an attentive audience, and that people are digging into this issue," Peckman said. "They will see there is an opportunity to say something when people are paying attention."

www.denverpost.com...

Click link for more of the article.

I find this very interesting that an "official" commission to study UFOs, etc. is being voted on. Looks like they have the signatures required, so I'm guessing this will go thru.

If I hear any more local news about it - I will post it here!
I'm not sure if they will have any public meetings on this - but if they do, I will attempt to attend.

[edit on December 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

“Shall the voters for the City and County of Denver adopt an Initiated Ordinance to require the creation of an extraterrestrial affairs commission to help ensure the health, safety, and cultural awareness of Denver residents and visitors in relation to potential encounters or interactions with extraterrestrial intelligent beings or their vehicles, and fund such commission from grants, gifts and donations?”

Sure. Why not? Pretty broad scope though. I don't really see the point of a local government commission though. They won't have any more power to dig up information than a private organization would.

(I like that "cultural awareness" part.)

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I live in Downtown Denver, literally right across from the state capitol Building next door to the Scottish masonic lodge.. I missed this article in the Denver Post today. Thanks for sharing, I will be sure to follow this story as well...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is good news for the disclosure community. Im just glad to see the topic becoming more and more mainstream. It was a rather embarrassing time for humanity when it was considered frivolous and whacky to pursue the idea that we arent alone and their might be more than just US out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this will get any of the Stimulus Money..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I heard about this a few months back (also live in Denver). They were talking about it on some radio program. They were in a nutshell, saying it was a ludicrous waste of money. Since, it seems to have gone through some revisions.. especially the bit about where the money will come from for this.

Kind of neat, but as someone said, they won't have any more power than anyone else at obtaining info. I'd guess MUFON is pretty much the same thing, but better developed and funded. Not sure what they will get from this.

The best thing that can come of it I suppose, is recognition of the attempt to study it further. Now you can only hope they don't make a joke of the thing, and study without bias, and not accept unfounded stories, pictures, etc., as fact. If they do that, could do more harm than good.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It initially sounds like a total waste of money in these difficult times, but I suspect there will not really be much if any real cost. I'm sure it's just an exercise in raising awareness of the issue, and in that regard I applaud and support it. Denver is the NWO's stateside space port afterall.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I also think it is interesting that this is happening in Denver with the NWO thingy.

I think the connection might be of interest.

I will have to continue to observe this tid bit

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My ancestor was James W Denver, the person they named the city "Denver" after, you think they could let me vote? Even though I live in Ireland? LOL

..even if they could at least let me take a look at underneath Denver airport..its the least the US Government could do for me since its named after me (technically) and all that

[edit on 1/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There must be a lot of sightings.
Or the community wants to put the ET talkers safely away
in a government or civic job.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They could be making a list.

...to know to put either a red or blue sticker on your mail box.

Ufologists will be getting the red sticker I assume, red for "bullet in the head" and of course blue for "FEMA camp confinement".

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I guess those of us who don't live in Denver may make some cultural faux pas once we meet an alien if we don't get the "cultural awareness" training in relation to "potential encounters or interactions with extraterrestrial intelligent beings"

At least they are funding it with grants, gifts and donations instead of taxes. Will they get enough gifts and donations though?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i was enjoying reading the post until i got to this name--> 'Peckman'

then the whole thing started to make sense. this is nothing but a ploy or attempt for Peckman to become the leader of the UFO community and try and capitalize and cash in on it. what a joke

It turns out, preparing for the imminent alien invasion is only part of Jeff Peckman's craziness. He also creates and peddles "Metatron Harmonizers," little snakeoil gadgets designed to "transform the chaotic electromagnetic fields into life-supporting fields that are in harmony with the natural fields created by the human physiology." Hoo boy.

gizmodo.com...

and Jeff Peckman wants Obama to see Billy Meier Pictures !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i say, do not let this idiot be in charge or be a part of any commission that has anything to do with ufology. he will make this subject more laughable than it already is. :shk:

[edit on 2-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oh Dear!

Jeff (Peckerhead) Peckman is in the headlines again! For those who don't know who this guy is... I give you the Metatron!

It turns out, preparing for the imminent alien invasion is only part of Jeff Peckman's craziness. He also creates and peddles "Metatron Harmonizers," little snakeoil gadgets designed to "transform the chaotic electromagnetic fields into life-supporting fields that are in harmony with the natural fields created by the human physiology." Hoo boy.

Essentially, he's another quack who thinks electromagnetic fields put out by cellphones and Wi-Fi cause medical problems despite all evidence to the contrary. Rather than petitioning to get rid of the fields like some, he's profiting off the stupidity of others instead.

You can either get a Metatron Personal Harmonizer, which is basically a credit card, or a Metatron Auto Harmonizer, which plugs into your cigarette lighter in your car. Both items will do nothing, but I love the claims on the website as to their benefits.

-Allow you to be more comfortable in your daily life
-Allow you to be more comfortable in challenging situations
-Assist you in being on the cutting edge of bringing Global Peace
-Foster joy, lightness of being, creativity and abundance
-Promote the unfolding of your Divine Purpose
-Assist you in manifesting your heart's desires
-Help you to have deeper, more restful sleep
-Eliminate travel fatigue and jet lag

Source:

Now I ask you all.... Does this circus (UFOlogy) need another clown?

IRM

Edit to Add:

Whoops... you beat me too it easynow!

[edit on 2/12/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Oh Dear!

Jeff (Peckerhead) Peckman is in the headlines again! For those who don't know who this guy is... I give you the Metatron!

The news is not about him: it's about City Clerk and Recorder Stephanie O'Malley stating that the signatures are sufficient.

She probably watched this

and got convinced that we are not alone.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I really did not realize it was that person until it was pointed out to me after I posted this. Sorry, I almost feel like [now] I posted something by one of the charlatans in IRM's siggy

I agree he is not a good representative of the UFO community, but its the fact that something like this could get on a ballot to be voted on, that I find interesting

[edit on December 2nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I really did not realize it was that person until it was pointed out to me after I posted this. Sorry, I almost feel like [now] I posted something by one of the charlatans in IRM's siggy

I agree he is not a good representative of the UFO community, but its the fact that something like this could get on a ballot to be voted on, that I find interesting

But the news IS interesting, it's about Stephanie O'Malley, no matter what that Peckman dude says: there's nothing wrong with sharing this news.
All we can say is thank you

[edit on 2/12/2009 by internos]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I love Denver

I love that this is for real :-)

thanks for posting it - I missed this somehow

and don't feel bad - no matter what people think about this guy good or bad - it is real news - and it will be interesting to see what kind of conversations come from all this

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I agree that having it voted for on a ballot paper is interesting for sure... but I'm not positive it will actually achieve anything.

If they try to apply any type of pressure to TBTP in regards to Aliens/UFO's, or if they strive for any type of credibility, you can be sure of Peckmans character assassination... and along with it, another pie face for UFOlogy.

In short, Peckmans shady history is the ace up TPTB's sleeve.

IRM

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Assuming Peckman would be on the commission. It probably is a good assumption that he would be but who ever does the appointments would be well advised to avoid him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join