It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the greatest things that have happened to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OK people I just started thinking about this today.

It could be something really awesome or a funny anecdote or something.

So Come on people. Do tell.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Greatest things?

The time I experienced absolute reality for a few moments while touring Japan would have to the shining moment in my life.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
The time I experienced absolute reality for a few moments while touring Japan would have to the shining moment in my life.

That seems interesting. Tell us more.

I've always wanted to visit Japan and as soon as the $$$ is available I plan on going.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Being there when my kids were born is a given, so I'll have to say when Montana drove 91 yards in 3 min. to win the '89 Superbowl.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
so I'll have to say when Montana drove 91 yards in 3 min. to win the '89 Superbowl.

My Favorite sports moments have to be everything Michael Jordan did when he was in his prime. Watching that man do the things he did was just breathtaking.

When James Buster Douglas Knocked the Hell out of Mike Tyson! I remember I couldnt believe it!

And Recently when Antonio Tarver KTFO of Roy Jones jr. Now that was a shocker if I ever saw one.

I have tons more but that's just some of the ones I remember now.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Caught that fight this month with Pacqiou and Marquez, good bout. I thought Pacqiou won it. What do you think O?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OH I just remember another one!

The Arturo Gatti/Micky Ward Trilogy.

The Best series of fights I have ever seen in my life.

Completely incredible and breathtaking. Both Men Beat the living hell out of each other for 30 rounds and in their 3rd and final fight, when the last round was over and they embraced and the ring and cried, I have to admit I teared up a bit.

It was incredible. And it just reminded me why I love boxing, and why I always will.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Caught that fight this month with Pacqiou and Marquez, good bout. I thought Pacqiou won it. What do you think O?

Pacquiao WON THAT FIGHT Hands Down. I had Pacman winning by 3 points on my card. But It was a draw. There were many close rounds that could have been scored either way so a Draw is ok I think. I hope they do it again.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
That seems interesting. Tell us more.
I've always wanted to visit Japan and as soon as the $$$ is available I plan on going.

It is pretty much all in my Ravings sig I believe. As for Japan, I went there with my (now ex) fianc� and visited Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, and a few other towns whose names I can't recall. I was in Kyoto during the Day Of The Dead ceremonies when they set up huge bonfires on the surrounding montains to form symbols and remember those that have passed. We were there for three weeks and it cost us about 6 grand, but that was about 7 or 8 years ago so I would be scared to even know what it would cost today. I utterly love the culture and it is like no other place on Earth. I would live there if I could afford it and was fluent in Japanese.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One of the most brutal fights I ever saw was M.M. Hagler vs. George(The Beast) Mugabi, about 20 years ago. They pounded each other for 14 rounds. I won't give you the outcome in case you haven't seen it and track it down. I haven't been able to find it, would love to though.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was doing some camping and rock climbing in the Cascade Mountains of Washington state. The rock wall was about 200 feet, I was about half way up the face and thought I wasn�t going to make it because I got �typewriter legs� that�s a common experience when hanging off a vertical face, your legs uncontrollably shake and its very difficult to stop once it starts. Anyway I took a deep breath, calmed myself and focused like I never focused before. I got in the zone, the world no longer existed I felt like I became one with the wall and my task. My route became clear and I continued to climb until reaching the top. It was the most Zen like feeling I can rally explain it I felt so alive and free. I gives me chills just thinking about it.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
It was the most Zen like feeling I can rally explain it I felt so alive and free. I gives me chills just thinking about it.

Rock climbing eh? I have never done that.

I tend to stay away from activities where I could end up dead.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One of the most brutal fights I ever saw was M.M. Hagler vs. George(The Beast) Mugabi, about 20 years ago. They pounded each other for 14 rounds. I won't give you the outcome in case you haven't seen it and track it down. I haven't been able to find it, would love to though.

Thax for the suggestion. I'll see If I can get a copy of that fight.
If I manage to find one I'll send you a copy.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Umm, well, a few things really...

- Starting college
- Meeting certain friends
- My first solo (I sung All That Jazz in front of umm, about 200 people)
- Surfing in the Caribbean sea
- Discovering the world of Harry Potter
- Watching England beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup final

Oh and discovering ATS of course! lol

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Other than marrying the "Mod" of my dreams, I would definately have to say our kids.

[Edited on 5/23/2004 by Venus]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1. Meeting KayEm
2. Marrying KayEm
3. The pair of us having a little pixy baby (Not for a while though)

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

well i thought about it. i really thought about it long and hard. i gave it some serious consideration and racked my brain looking for something really profound, something significant and meaningful, something truly great...

and i drew a blank.

sorry to ruin the party but i really cant think of anything.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
welll one time i was at a high school bball reqruiting camp last summer and i was beastin on everyone there even people on the highschool team and i was only in 6th grade and now i do summer play with that team. but i didnt miss a single shot i was lightin people up from 3 and i one city free throw champ and came in 5th in the state. and last summer when i went to disney world i loved it

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
sorry to ruin the party but i really cant think of anything.

lol! Come on man there has to be something.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lets see... I woke up this morning, thats better than being dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join