It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising Foreclosures are actually BULLISH for the economy - let me convince you in this thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

i think that a reality check will disprove you. things are much worse than implying that mere consumerism will solve our problems. We are way past that remedy. but yes, we are a consumer driven economic system, but too far gone to be able to be rescued by anything other than starting over.
This will be a long and painfull process. Financial truisms that have been a staple of good advice for all my life aren't necessasarily true anymore. we are in unpresendented times, and life changing economic conditions are being played out on a gigantic scale everyday.
Tough times ahead for many as they tumble to the botom.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

I dont really think I need a reality check brother. Yeah I know things are bad for a portion of people right now, but that does not mean that the typical average American consumer will drop their spending habits either. In fact, I think this process will make it worse by spending more disposable income than than they should.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So found this..

OK, it's from CNBC, which most of you hate.. but still

So it's sounding like GBM is back on top!

I knew this was good for the economy, wiping off debt and spurring growth - looks like I have bested member RockPuck now and this should ultimately put me on top in any further conversations! Now all I need is the baltic dry index to start lagging the SP500 for the rest of the year..

3.7 Billion + extra IN CONSUMER SPENDING PER MONTH TO ECONOMY - HAHAHA!!!

www.cnbc.com...

<< 7  8  9   >>

join