It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, why would turbines have such security? It doesn't in our country, typically. You can drive through California, and see fields full of these turbines. Other than a minor fence, there is nothing.

Besides, most of their power was generated by the dam, not by a bunch of turbines.

But yea, I do agree.. where are the interviews? The stories? I would have expected something to come out quicker to be honest. I tried to translate some Salda and surrounding area newspapers today, but I've not found any breaking news whatsoever. Rather frustrating, considering the importance of this sighting, if it is as they say.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I tried to translate some Salda and surrounding area newspapers today, but I've not found any breaking news whatsoever. Rather frustrating

maybe contacting them (the newspapers) and asking would be easier ? i don't speak the language or i would make an attempt.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
just north of Argentina and Peru is the Nazca lines. i am fascinated with some of the runways or what appear to be runway ..

www.nazcamystery.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this was picked up by the MUFON branch in Argentina?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
The Argentinians are utter hypocrites.

These whinny scum like invading other people's countries like the Falklands, but don't like if ALiens do the same to them.

I say, come on you aliens, nuke these scum back into the Stone Age and let's have a good laugh at them, because, hell, why should we care.

reply to post by aorAki

No such place as Malvinas.

The British discovered them and settled them.

The Falklands are British and they aren't having them back.

We keep a nuclear submarine with a full compliment of nukes on board and have made it clear, if they come back, no reinvasion again. Instead we level their garbage pile of a nation with a full load of Trients straight down their chimneys.

So, bring it on Argies, and make our day!

reply to post by aorAki

Couldn't care less about ISO. Just some bunch of uneducated cretin. The islands are the Falklands. We discovered them. We were first there.

The British are the aboriginals of the Falklands.

Originally posted by Gloster
Ofcourse they want them too they are pirates! then u talk about NWO look where these pirates have been

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former British Dominions, Colonies

Rhodesia

I see, so you view Mr. Mugabe, as a mdelo leader and Zimbabwe a fine model of post-independence nations?

Look, the fact is that the Argentines have never come under Britsh rule which is why they are such ignorant, uneducated people.

For the Aliens, visiting Argentina must be just like the old day, when they used to drop by places like the Mayans or Ancient Egypt, because in Argentina, they as still dealing with a truly primative people in a joke of country that views invading other people's countries as a smart idea.

Oh my who is this character? Why is he so angry about?

This ranting character spreads false information:

en.wikipedia.org...

The first settlement on the Falkland Islands was in 1764. It was called Port St. Louis and was founded by the French navigator and military commander Louis Antoine de Bougainville on Berkeley Sound, in present-day Port Louis, East Falkland.

aristocrat2, you are a shame for the forum. You don´t represent british people opinion.. I don´t know how you haven´t been banned yet. If i see another post of you degrading the people of my country, i will report you to the moderators.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Orion437]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I have sent an alert to orion 437: he will help for sure.
Ah, aristocrat2: this is dedicated to you.

Been out of the forum for months,im going to keep this update too from now on!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Fiesta del Sacrificio

Was on the 27th november. wonder if this has anything to do with the UFO sightings.

Scource:www.mininterior.gov.ar...

Thanks for the input.

But take notice, this is not the cause, i get this from the same link (traslation from me):

www.mininterior.gov.ar...

27 de Noviembre Viernes Fiesta del Sacrificio (***)
(***)Sólo para los habitantes que profesen la Religión Islámica. Dispuesto por la Ley 24.757

27 November friday party of the sacrifice
***just for habitants that are of islamic religion

Its just a national day for islamic people, a national day that has zero presence, its absolutelly unnoticed in the whole country.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AZChica
I did a google news search and these are the related articles I found. Each contains one picture. Run your translators if you want the article in English. I do not know how credible these news sources are. Personally I don't think they are great photos but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Thanks for the input, but none of the pics are from the sighting. Guess we have to continue looking for.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Why can't people do proper research?
It's like they put forward arguments sometimes to mess up the real facts... and then that totally throws the topic into a mess and we never get to the real truth.
I mean Did you even bother to read the statements or posts by the Original Poster?

You say that Salta has a population of 464,678 inhabitants? Wow.. your correct wikipedia tells me that... which would be perfect if the incident actually happened where you said it did...in the main town but....
IT DIDNT!
It happened here:

Geographical Location - Joaquin V. Gonzalez in district/region/Province of Salta, Argentina
Time of Sighting : 2AM
Witnesses: 7,500 People (Changed to just over 100)
Date: Thursday 11/26/09

Your Idea and vision of Salta is in the main town, where all the shops and busy streets are... presumably where all those people live.... now lets take a look at what Salta looks like
z.about.com...
Lets just check Salta again....
blog.bucklette.com...

Yup thats Salta alright... and it looks busy enough and plenty of people live there... but again this ISNT where the sighting took place.
This is where the report says the sighting happened: Joaquin V. Gonzalez
www.panoramio.com...
Having looked At another picture of the small town of Joaquin V.Gonzalez
www.panoramio.com...

They are definately two different places... to categorise a group of people or geographical location for a sighting into one particular City is a bad mistake.
It's like me saying that people in Kenner, Louisiana which is a suburb of New Orleans that has a population of around 70,500 should of witnessed a UFO incident that happened in Plain Dealing, Louisiana Just because its part of the Same State.
Going onto Google Earth or Maps shows you the distance in location between the two places where the UFO Sighting took place. It's about 224 KM from Salta (Main town) to Joaquin V. Gonzalez. Which is about 2 Hours 39 Minutes away!

Now that I've cleared up where the sighting happened and actually confirmed some geography can we get back to the actual report... and please will you all stop insulting each other and talking about who has better technology and how much it costs to import.

Thanks so far to easynow for posting up any updates on the actual sighting.

There was an update to the blog on the 28th of November. They mentioned that there would be some investigations and the main newspapers which are:

Media Contact: El Tribuno, Diario Popular

Would be covering the story. Something this big.. 100 witnesses? All seeing a UFO ... causing damage to structures such as lights... and maybe caused a generator to meltdown and in turn cause a blackout across a district / vast area.. EVEN without photographic OR video evidence... the national media should be onto this by now surely... IF NOT... why NOT?

What about this guy this UFO expert Luis Burgos? It has been mentioned that the initial blog said 7,500 people witnessed it? And now its been changed to 100? Why such the rapid change in numbers? I know Scott Corrales published the blog.
This is Burgos on Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

He's mentioned in the report as talking to one of the media about the Incident, How credible is he?

I just find it hard to believe something 200-300 ft long causes damage to structure and in event could of caused a power outage and then it doesnt at least get investigated by police and authorities properly or mentioned on the national news!

Does anyone on ATS come from this country, can you nominate yourself to update us properly from any of these blogs or media websites if we get any more interesting updates?

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Superiorraw]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

thanks for the pics of the location area , i tried looking for that "Joaquin V. Gonzalez" place but what i found was there were different places with that same name so i wasn't sure about any of it.

Witnesses: 7,500 People (Changed to just over 100)

first off i believe the 7,500 count is wrong and i am not sure if the blog page where i read it was edited or not. the 100 is people thaty have come forward to say they seen it and were willing to talk about it but that does not mean only a 100 people seen it. we don 't know the whole story yet.

Thanks so far to easynow for posting up any updates on the actual sighting.

if i remember correctly , i posted one update from the inexplicata.blogspot.com...

and internos is the one who posted the other important updates...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this excellent report about a cigar UFO seen in 1956

please say thanks to internos for his excellent contributions

I just find it hard to believe something 200-300 ft long causes damage to structure and in event could of caused a power outage and then it doesnt at least get investigated by police and authorities properly or mentioned on the national news!

i understand the frustration my friend and i don't have any answers for you right now other than to suggest finding some one that speaks the language and try and contact the newspapers or news service that is local there and see what they say. for all we know the MIB have already pulled the plug on it ?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yup I must also post my thanks and kind regards to Internos, I've found his videos and contribution to this particular thread very helpful, I've added you both as friends on here and if theres some way I can add to your reputation then let me know.

I might contact one of my friends on MSN, He's from Brazil and one is from Colombia, they are both part of the same hobby board that welcomes people from all over South America, perhaps they have someone from Argentina who can help me with a decent Investigation into these questions I want answering. If I make any kind of progress I'll post back up on these boards, in the mean time I think we should sit tight and see if anything develops on those blogs.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

it may be third world, it could be a small town. but its 2009, and cell phones WORK. yes, even there. i am from buenos aires, and i visited Salta before, and i assure you that they have the same access to cell phones and internet as you.

on the other hand, there were ONLY 7500 witnesses, and these people have a completely different culture - they dont think flashy sky lights are UFOs. unfortunately, the education system is below average, and most people would have probably watched the event without much interest.

i know, good access to tech and gadgets but awful education may seem contradictory, but its the truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It seems there just was another sighting in the SAME PLACE!!
www.visionovni.com.ar...
Google translation:

Again, the population of Joaquin V. Gonzalez was shocked in the presence of daylight, a cigar-shaped object that grace the skies of the town. The phenomenon was recorded on Tuesday 15, at 17.00 pm, before the observation of much of the population, which stunned followed the evolution of strange apparatus. Witnesses interviewed by Tony Galvagno expressed that what they observed was identical to what occurred hours ago, but in this case without lights. Vision Ovni researcher, is making his report that we will discuss shortly, but anticipated that the object was metallic and once more have lost their services, not running the computers and cell phones. In regard to the latter, consulted the company staff, mobile phone, failed to give technical explanations about what happened, increasing the misterioa of these strange phenomena. It is urging people who have obtained images of the event, report them to the home of Tony Galvagno, or the following email addresses: [email protected] [email protected]

waiting for confirmation...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
So anything yet?

The above post states that it was recorded (translation withstanding), recorded with what?

This just another blog somewhere getting it's hit count up so it can promote whatever main website or product it's meant toonce it is established?

I mean seriously, a lot of the origins of these claims are from blogs with no evidence presented after the initial flood of interest.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi,
I just found this video and hope some of you enjoy watching it.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

nice find derpif

i appreciate you posting the video and it's good to see the investigators there are still working on this case !

they didn't give any details about this alleged photo but it's interesting...

Contacto Extraterrestre Historias Reales
historiasextraterrestres.blogspot.com...

translated article

OvniSalta

[edit on 30-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
interesting Cigar shaped UFO case from Brazil 2004..

UFO in Saint Rita, Brazil photographed with cellphone.

A consultant of UFO Magazine Claudio Brazil, from Sao Paulo, was sent via email the account of a visit by a UFO on the Anhanguaera Highway. The event took place on August 3, 2004 at 15:00 hours. Three witnesses traveling on the highway saw the large object, stopping their car to see the object better. While watching the unusual object, one of the three grabbed his cellphone and took a picture of it.
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
UFO and blackout in Salta, Argentina

Can't post story as the English becomes Spanish as I post it.

To get UFO news we need Google translate.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join