It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
@6:45 Am Dow down 187 points
Nasdaq down 47 points

Dubi bankrupt looks toi be hitting many markets.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And this suppposed to be Black Friday? We'll see how it goes... post updates OP.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Watcing FOX this morning and what appeared to be people trying to enter a New York store, was a Red light....they made it appear as though they were trying to enter the store....

There's going to be a lot of this type of propaganda today, I/ve also seen other "mob scenes" that were clips from years past.

They signed unemployment benefits and those havent been given yet. What are the chances???

There will be lines (I call them curiosity lines) of window shoppers, hoping they can get some deals WHEN and IF they get some money.

I think Unemployment benefits are a lie, and i'm checking everyday but i dont see this happening.

The end of Christmas has arrived for a lot of us. No jobs, no unemployment benefits, insecurity at work.....but there's always those who have the money. Those people will actually leave the stores carrying a bag.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is referred to as Black Friday for the notorious poor, traditional, retail sales during thanksgivings. The tag is not in reference to the Dubai debt crisis.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well it seems like there's actually sold out items. I took my nieghbor To two stores and they were looking for somehing in particular, and the two stores were sold out of what they were looking for. But, I have to say, I wish I was in the market for a new tv some great deals on those this year and mine is broken but I am also broke sooooo. My two oldest are getting concert tickets for The Next Big Thing here in florida, that's going to be their christmas present. Even though the event is next weekend. It's something they've alway wanted to go to see a concert and there's many bands of which five are their favorites, so yeah we will have family concert event to go to...that's really what christmas is about anyway, spending time with family doing things you love even if it comes early this year! Plus it helps local bands out who will be playing a well.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Im hoping for some good post holiday sales myself.Also discovered the convenience of shopping online recently.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Supposedly WalMart was open all day on Thanksgiving? Wow! What a great American company. Greedy a holes! Let your employees have at least ONE HOLIDAY OFF?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Supposedly WalMart was open all day on Thanksgiving? Wow! What a great American company. Greedy a holes! Let your employees have at least ONE HOLIDAY OFF?

Not likely, lol I worked there and it was open until six pm that thanksgiving. YUCK!!!! I am so glad I quit, and so glad the Universe covered my butt, cause my hubby still has a job...but no money at all is worth the treatment these P****** give their employees!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

The only day they close is christmas, other than that, thousands are working.
They claim to be a 'family friendly' company. *LOL* Ohhh is that ever a joke. "Money Friendly" i could belive.

Not sure about most places, but here, black friday was ok as far as sales go, people were out by the hundreds shopping and filling up carts.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I was referring to a black stock market Friday.

Being from UK, you may not understand that.

Everyone else understood the post, sorry you did not.

Also to note, Their black Friday had a strong effect on other stock markets.

UK market had a "technical glitch" or that was the excuse to close the market...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Current preliminary reports on CNN are that (US version) Black Friday was a big success. Retailers are saying sales are up significantly and consumers used cash or debit instead of credit cards.

Great news, it seems the 80% of the population that does have jobs must have gotten bonuses this year or something.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That's

B.S. ^

(Bravo Sierra)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think you are right dgtempe. I think a lot of this news is hype to try to keep painting the pretty picture of the economy. All I have been hearing is "much better than last year" and about how retailers are not panicking so there will not be as deep of discounts as last year.

What they don't tell you is the retailers are having trouble paying rent because all year has been dismal and they cannot cut quite as deep because they know there will not be enough volume to make up the difference.

One telling story was when a reporter was at the mall interviewing shoppers and they were all talking about how the deals are not that good and anything that was marked down enough to make them want to buy it were already out of stock by 5:30am.

My guess is the MSM happy talk will continue until next week but they are counting on the foreign debt explosion to be the reason for the next leg down. You know America, it ain't a crisis unless you can blame it on foreigners!

top topics

join