It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second coming of Jesus? when will it happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We do not know when the second coming of Jesus is going to be. It may be next week! But i doubt it.lol. It is said in the Book of Revalations that Jesus will come back to Earth never says when.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I want to voice my opinion on this.
First, I have to say that I am not a traditional Christian, but I do believe that Christ walked the earth and was much much more in tune with the creator than most people ever got to in those times.
I'm not going to quote scripture either because I dont have a bible handly, actually, I do have one within arms reach, I have a lot of spiritual books within arms reach...lol
Here is my take on the return of Jesus.
I believe that it will happen. I believe as it stand now, people would refuse to accept it. I believe that the world is so lost in its own reality that most people wouldnt know a messiah if it came up and bit them in the butt. I believe that religion is a conspiracy. One that hides the truth that we all possess inside ourselves. I believe that somewhere along the lines the words of most religions were twisted into mans own agenda, and are abused in order to control and manipulate thru the use of fear. If you dont do this, or act like that, or dress a certain way, you are going to burn in hell etc...
The reality is that hell is the lack of God and light. A majority of people are so self absorbed that they cannot find the spiritual being inside them. And I think that God is ok with that.
The creator as I understand it to be, doesnt want people to live in fear and loves us. We created our own fear.
When jesus does return it will have to be in a way that leaves no doubt.
I think we will destroy ourselves,
then afterwards, a man who christians would call Jesus will rise up and lead a new way of life. He will be so intune with the creator that just being in his presence will inspire shock (for some) and awe for others. That said,
the biblical predictions up to this point have been accurate, a lot of things are indeed going on, and have been for many years. The seas are dying, countries are constantly at war, we cannot seem to find peace, there are signs in the heaven and earth and all over.
Believer or not, if a person takes a good hard look at scripture, a lot of things in it are coming to pass. Don't ask me for links or proof, a lot of people already suplied them. You can sift thru this site and find a ton of links for these things, both for and against.
Everyone demands proof, spirituality and the creator are easily verified, just look inside yourself and find it, its there.
My take on the predictions in the bible is that they describe a large global war, where we destroy ourselves. How likely is that? Very.
Why does God let these and countless other bad things happen? Because it is our own doing not Gods. In order to get it through mankinds thick skull, we will bash ourselves into oblivion first.
We need to find the creator ourselves, it is part of spiritual evolution.
Every person is a spark in the flame of the creator, we are all raindrops in the sea of life.

*end of Rant*

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
thats interesting, i remember a native american who said the last sign that the end was soon would be the sky being red just like written in the bible.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

TextEvery person is a spark in the flame of the creator, we are all raindrops in the sea of life

One time I asked so much to see the light, because I wanted to understand life were we came from. That I had a dream in wish I was in front of a beautiful tree and it was full of branches but the branches did not have leaves but this fruits that looks like little bulbs with flames inside and this little flames will leave away from the tree and others will come back so I ask what this mean, and a voice said ( we are like fruits on a tree when we are ready we leave the tree but eventually we come back because the tree is the light and the source, we are all conected to the same source.) And after that I stated to see life a little bit different, so you statement kind of remind me of that dream. Yours is the sea of life mine is a tree of life. Call me crazy but that is what I saw.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Some have asked about how Jesus will return. The answer is found in Scripture. The following is taken from the Acts of the Apostles Chapter 1 verse 9-18 (roughly).

"When they had gathered together they asked him,
"Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"
He answered them, "It is not for you to know the times or seasons
that the Father has established by his own authority.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you,
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria,
and to the ends of the earth."
When he had said this, as they were looking on,
he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.
While they were looking intently at the sky as he was going,
suddenly two men dressed in white garments stood beside them.
They said, "Men of Galilee,
why are you standing there looking at the sky?
This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven
will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven."

That being the case, there should be no doubt about recognizing his return. There was also an earlier post about Jesus coming as a thief in the night. This passage should be interpreted that Jesus' second coming will be a total surprise and, more importantly, we should always be prepared to meet Him. The full context of that passage also makes reference to the homeowner who would surely be prepared if he knew the thief was coming. The fact is, only God determines when each of us will draw our last breath. It is at that point that we will meet Jesus. Think any of us are really ready for that?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.
While they were looking intently at the sky as he was going,
suddenly two men dressed in white garments stood beside them.
They said, "Men of Galilee,
why are you standing there looking at the sky?
This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven
will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven."

The last two lines imply that he will return from the sky. But why were the apostles asked 'why are you standing there looking at the sky?"
If Jesus was truly to return from the sky, a logical thing would be to do just that - look upwards. Why did the 'two men' dissuade the Apostles from doing that ?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Pisky
Good question! The way that I read that passage is that Jesus had instructed them to remain in the city until they received the Holy Spirit and then go and preach to all people. If they stood there looking up at the sky they couldn't carry out their charge. I think the angels were saying let's get on with it! Don't worry, when He returns you won't miss it!!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Whacky answer, Jesus is already hear again,
Jesus = David blaine ???
Lots of doubters lots of people calling him an idiot,
Who Knows

Up the Saints

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No, I think Jesus is Jesus! Not someone here in the form of a mortal. Wouldn't that be the anti-christ?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know that this comment may course offence which is not my intention.

What if Jesus was never born and that the Bible was written with the intention of leading people away to satan.Maybe Jesus or God is yet to arrive in the first place.

When you look at what the Catholic church especially the Vatican and the wealth that has been generated makes me question the religon.When l have spoken to catholics on my opinion they tend to get very tetchy.Any comments anybody would have to help me understand would be gretfully recieved.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry, guys, but the James ossuary (with the inscription referencing Jesus) is a fake:
dsc.discovery.com...

The writing was put on there fairly recently.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
weirdo,
No offense taken, but typically we try to post things that have some reason to be believed. Unfortunately, your post doesn't do that. If you've read the Bible, you would know that the teachings are absolutely opposite to what the devil would want. If you dispute that, what do you base it on? All we know of Satan is what's been documented in Scripture. As far as the Catholic Church and their wealth, I have a few questions. Please tell me the name of the church that can be traced back to when Jesus walked upon the earth? Is there a problem inherent to wealth? What about the televangelists, money is all they seem to focus on.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lets just say it already happend and he reigned as King of King Lord Of Lords already,come as a thief in the night,and it's not "CHRIST" second coming it's the 72. do yall read the bible?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
LING OF KING LORD OF LORDS CONQUERING LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH
ALREADY HAPPENED......

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"KING" my mistake

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
sirius,
Get Serious!!! What are you talking about? CS at least posts the Word. What are you - a JW?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Televangelists,money is all they seem to focus on.

Jesus threw out the money lenders from the Temple.The only differane is obvious.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by weirdo]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Commonsense.
correct me if i am wrong but if the last thing the devil would do is inform anybody of his intensions.
Can you trust the Scriptures to be absolute truth.
Is there a problem with inherant wealth.jesus seemed to have a problem with it and what it creates.
I am not about disproving l just believe that because of the limited knowledge l have allows me to ask questions that are sensitive.I am not interested in searching web sites or books because l like to keep it simple and the subject is just to huge.

P.s l don`t believe in life changing subjects such as Aliens,Reptillans,ufo`s ,Ghosts or anything that cannot be explained logically or proved, but l am openminded and don`t intend to argue disrespectfully against logical ideas.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has given this answer, yet, as I didn't read all the responses. It is pretty simple.

Christ's Second Coming will be at the end of the 7 year tribulation period. The Bible is very clear on that.

This isn't to be confused with the "rapture", where Christ comes in the clouds and calls for those who have accepted Him, both living and dead. Once that happens, once the Great Restrainer (Holy Spirit) is no longer here on earth, all "Hell" breaks loose, and begins the 7 years.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
TC,
Do you think we're into the seven years yet? I think so. There's another thread about Marain apparitions and a warning. It sounds alot like the assteroid predictions.
AE

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join