It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American is the Joke.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Mmmmm...

I was just trying to balance # up, there was a thread on French jokes and nobody thought that to be biggoted. Yet as soon as I get on America's case (and everything I said was the truth) I am considered to be a F*ckin commie or some sh*t.

Its quite harsh really, one of my best friends here is American, I don't hate Americans nor am I prejudiced against them as individuals (I just know they won't get British jokes).

And I don't doubt that America has done some very good things for the world, c'mon guys I know that. Fast Food, Hip Hop, Marlboro, Michael Moore and Playboy Magazine.

And I don't think I'm perfect either, just better than most. (And UP, Lupe aint a patch on me!)

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I bet when a dirty bomb is released in your country and you finally wake up realize the seriousness of terrorism ect, you wont think we're a big joke.

if you are meaning by your country as in england we have been through numerous acts of terror such as the problems with n. irland and this problem is on going but slowly being fixed through talks not by england/u,s sending planes etc over their and bombing
i apoligise for bad spelling and if that point was already made as i only read up to their

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc

Mr Bush is seen as a bumbling fool, who scares us possibly even more than Ronald Regan did. And as for the war.... sorry guys you came in at the end just as the rest of us were on a winning streak and then tried to take all the credit. Btw you didn't have anything to do with the Enigma Machine

Now that's a joke, you obviously don't read your history books too well. You were on a winning streak eh ? Well we shouldn't have even bothered fighting in Europe, you could have taken care of it youreself. If your going to delude yourself at least base it on some fact.

As for the Enigma it was US personel which captured the equipment and documents in the Atlantic.

Be realistic Europe would be speaking German at the moment if not for the US. It's attitudes like yours who dishonour the 150 000 US soldiers who died taking back W Europe, not to mention the numerous losses from convoys keeping your piddly island from surrender.

If there is any overstating of one sides contribution to the winning of WW2 it would have to be the British.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by arc

Mr Bush is seen as a bumbling fool, who scares us possibly even more than Ronald Regan did. And as for the war.... sorry guys you came in at the end just as the rest of us were on a winning streak and then tried to take all the credit. Btw you didn't have anything to do with the Enigma Machine

Now that's a joke, you obviously don't read your history books too well. You were on a winning streak eh ? Well we shouldn't have even bothered fighting in Europe, you could have taken care of it youreself. If your going to delude yourself at least base it on some fact.

As for the Enigma it was US personel which captured the equipment and documents in the Atlantic.

Be realistic Europe would be speaking German at the moment if not for the US. It's attitudes like yours who dishonour the 150 000 US soldiers who died taking back W Europe, not to mention the numerous losses from convoys keeping your piddly island from surrender.

If there is any overstating of one sides contribution to the winning of WW2 it would have to be the British.

scuse me uve been watching u571 or what ever it was
the british picked up the machine after forcing a germen sub to rise and flea their ship

and here is the proof

news.bbc.co.uk...

so stick that in your pipe

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc

And I wasn't suggesting talking to Saddam - I was suggesting killing him and that is a consensus shared by most of the western world. The peace movement is against warfare not assassination.

So after you kill Saddam what then ?
His apparatus is still there, ready for someone under him to take over. The only way to reform Iraq is from the groung up. War just happens to be the far quicker way to do it.
You should be familiar with Chamberlains appeasement with Hitler, was that the right decision.
Although Saddam won't take over the Middle east, he has the potential to cause mass death if he so desires.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwtc

scuse me uve been watching u571 or what ever it was
the british picked up the machine after forcing a germen sub to rise and flea their ship

and here is the proof

news.bbc.co.uk...

so stick that in your pipe

If you aren't aware the Germans changed their Enigma machine during the war adding 2 extra wheels. It was the US capture of subsequent machines and documents which kept the British abreast of German devopments.
Anyway, so you think that this won the war. Yeah right. It was the US overwhelming industrial strength that saved you.
You may have cracked the German codes but without the military power of the US this would have amounted to NOUGHT.

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA

Poor sap's can't stand the FACT that without the USA, this world would be HELL right now!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join