It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL EVENTS OF 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
With all the end of the world in 2012 stuff I thought I would start a thread about the real events that will happen in 2012.

I have posted this stuff as replies to other threads but they seem to fall on deaf ears.

I would like to hear from the ATS members that have the technical skills to estimate what effect these events will have on our society.

These are not conspiracy theories, these are actual events that will take place from 2012 into 2013.

I found these events by searching NASA's website for anything 2012 in an effort to prove or disprove the Niburu/Planet X thing.

What I did find is very interesting. I wonder what effect the graviational forces, magnetic disrupton of the electrical grid knocking out power etc. will have on our society and economy.

They predict the worst solar storms ever. They have modified them a little but they are still projected to be huge.

Two plantary transitions two solar eclipses, several near earth asteroid flybys will efect the tides, but how bad?

Here are links to the NASA data regarding all of this:

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

ilws.gsfc.nasa.gov...

xd12srv1.nsstc.nasa.gov...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

legislative.nasa.gov...

cfa-www.harvard.edu...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

I think the Myan calendar ending in 2012 was only a prediction of the transition of Venus as they planned a lot of stuff around the rise and set of Venus in the sky.

Although they could have been predicting the solar storms.

Now I guess you could attach a few conspiracy theories to this stuff:

This so called smart grid is supposedly so they can connect renewable energy sources to it. This sounds made up. You need a special grid for renewable energy? The fact that they want to pass a law saying they can override the states public utilities commissions and dictate where these new Smart Grid power lines will go makes me think they are planning to keep the government in electricity while we lose power during these solar storms.

The stories about the new invisability tech coming from a new design to direct microwaves and magnetic pulses around electronic devices follows this same preparation.

The stories coming from Antarctica about new caves being found and transports carrying tons of supplies could be the government preparing a survival colony out there.

The funding for this could have come from the so called financial crisis. All the money that suppsedly disappeared maybe is being spent to prepare. Besides the Billions in bailouts that the Fed refuses to say where it all went, I have heard stories of billions that is missing from the pentagon.

The two probes orbiting the sun watching the solar storms is interesting too.

The seed store they created to protect the plant life from a catastrophe.

The rushed plans to get a moon base created before then I guess could apply. There sure is a lot of interest in the moon lately.

I know I forgot a few. I will repost when I remember them.

Let me know your thoughts....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh
With all the end of the world in 2012 stuff I thought I would start a thread about the real events that will happen in 2012.

I have posted this stuff as replies to other threads but they seem to fall on deaf ears.

I would like to hear from the ATS members that have the technical skills to estimate what effect these events will have on our society.

These are not conspiracy theories, these are actual events that will take place from 2012 into 2013.

I found these events by searching NASA's website for anything 2012 in an effort to prove or disprove the Niburu/Planet X thing.

What I did find is very interesting. I wonder what effect the graviational forces, magnetic disrupton of the electrical grid knocking out power etc. will have on our society and economy.

They predict the worst solar storms ever. They have modified them a little but they are still projected to be huge.

Two plantary transitions two solar eclipses, several near earth asteroid flybys will efect the tides, but how bad?

Here are links to the NASA data regarding all of this:

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

ilws.gsfc.nasa.gov...

xd12srv1.nsstc.nasa.gov...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

legislative.nasa.gov...

cfa-www.harvard.edu...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

I think the Myan calendar ending in 2012 was only a prediction of the transition of Venus as they planned a lot of stuff around the rise and set of Venus in the sky.

Although they could have been predicting the solar storms.

Now I guess you could attach a few conspiracy theories to this stuff:

This so called smart grid is supposedly so they can connect renewable energy sources to it. This sounds made up. You need a special grid for renewable energy? The fact that they want to pass a law saying they can override the states public utilities commissions and dictate where these new Smart Grid power lines will go makes me think they are planning to keep the government in electricity while we lose power during these solar storms.

The stories about the new invisability tech coming from a new design to direct microwaves and magnetic pulses around electronic devices follows this same preparation.

The stories coming from Antarctica about new caves being found and transports carrying tons of supplies could be the government preparing a survival colony out there.

The funding for this could have come from the so called financial crisis. All the money that suppsedly disappeared maybe is being spent to prepare. Besides the Billions in bailouts that the Fed refuses to say where it all went, I have heard stories of billions that is missing from the pentagon.

The two probes orbiting the sun watching the solar storms is interesting too.

The seed store they created to protect the plant life from a catastrophe.

The rushed plans to get a moon base created before then I guess could apply. There sure is a lot of interest in the moon lately.

I know I forgot a few. I will repost when I remember them.

Let me know your thoughts....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
From what I've read recently, the solar max is looking to be a fizzer and may be delayed until 2013 or later.

With the remarkably quiet nature of the sun (something NASA never predicted) we should be taking all forecasts with a grain of salt.

IRM

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh

First, it is far from confirmed that our power grid is going to be knocked out. If a CME were to strike to Earth, and our magnetic field was weakened by another 20% or so prior to impact, then the possibility would exist for power loss. Of course, it would not necessarily mean power loss for the whole world, that would depend on the location of impact, size of the CME, etc.

Second, if one were to assume that this was going to happen, I personally think that loss of electricity and communication would be enough to cause massive chaos. Our society is too dependent on such systems and most have no idea what to do if their microwave won't work. I remember quite a few years back I was working in an office and we lost power for 2 - 3 days. People stood around with absolutely no idea of what to do. I was amazed at the number of people that had no clue how to do anything without the aide of a computer.

Lastly, if the state of the world is as it is now, than I think loss of communication would be an even bigger cause for panic to set it. People would not have access to their money, nobody would know what was going on the world, and frankly I don't think many people right now would sit back and think: "I'm sure everything's fine and the government is adequately protecting us...."

This is the quietest the sun has been. Some feel as if it's the quiet before the storm. Others feel that this may very well simply lead us into a mini-ice age.

The truth however is that we know VERY little about sunspots and the 11-year cycle. Where is goes from here is really just a guess.

Keep in mind though: Our magnetosphere, though weakened slightly, is still quite capable of protecting us from any major solar impacts -- unless you are talking about the "big one" in which case any efforts to avoid it would be futile.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Actually we are not as protected as you think. Here are some interesting articles about the problem. A 1989 storm knocked out some power in Canada and the U.S. as well.

www.agu.org...

www.foxnews.com...

www.space.com...

science.nasa.gov...

www.findingdulcinea.com...

The smart grid I found out is not about the solar activity it is about $$$ an ATS thread about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

First, it is far from confirmed that our power grid is going to be knocked out. If a CME were to strike to Earth, and our magnetic field was weakened by another 20% or so prior to impact, then the possibility would exist for power loss. Of course, it would not necessarily mean power loss for the whole world, that would depend on the location of impact, size of the CME, etc.

You should check this out before making that assumption.

Super Solar Storm of 1859

Sunspots From August 28, 1859 until September 2, 1859 numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun. Just before noon on September 1, the British astronomer Richard Carrington observed the largest flare,[3] which caused a massive coronal mass ejection (CME), to travel directly toward Earth, a journey of 18 hours. This is remarkable because such a journey normally takes three to four days. It moved so quickly because an earlier CME had cleared its way.[4] [edit] Magnetic storm On September 1–2, 1859 the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred, causing the failure of telegraph systems all over Europe and North America.[5] Auroras were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright, the glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[3] [edit] History Ice cores show evidence that events of similar intensity recur at an average rate of approximately once per 500 years. Since 1859, less severe storms have occurred in 1921 and 1960, when widespread radio disruption was reported.[3]

Keep in mind that when it happened, we were still pretty barbaric so to speak. Not that many electrical things around us in 1859 or 1920's and 1960's for that matter.

The times are different now. I would agree that if something of this scale happens in 2012, you will have not only mass panic but also social anarchy.

If we are not prepared for that, then when it happens, good luck calling your loved ones with your phones, good luck getting TV and internet. Good luck with getting electricity into your homes....

top topics

join