It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineering Minds in an Alpha State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

~ENGINEERING MINDS IN AN ALPHA STATE~

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d61ef24f050.jpg[/atsimg]

A little backstory:

Earlier tonight, I was watching a broadcast of the Mad Max series on a cable channel.

Normally, I don't subscribe to television watching - but I'm a post-apocolyptic buff (and it is a classic series) - so I turned on, tuned in, and dropped out of my normal mentality for the duration of the film.

Now, mind you - I haven't watched this movie since the mid-eighties, and something about film struck a long forgotten chord with me.

As oppossed to the majority of modern film, I didn't feel pandered to or coddled - the film didn't feel the need to overload my senses with constant dialogue.

And it got me thinking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d86b330bcaef.jpg[/atsimg]

The majority of us are aware that television is primarily being used to dumb down and fuel the consumer populace, keeping the mind active in processing everything from radical shaky cameras, cut scenes in quick succession, constant conversation and the explainations of just about everything....so much, in fact, that the majority of viewers don't really need to activate the higher rational functions of the brain.

Maybe it's nothing more than a generational observation.

I know I'm not the first to broach this topic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f6fa4fc6ab0.jpg[/atsimg]

And sure, it's nice to kick back and let the higher functions go every once in a while, but theoretically, what could we become if the programming was actively directed towards a singular higher mind objective?

So, I took a step back and spent the last three days in my personal solitude listening to a specific set of self-programming outlets - from music to spoken word.

It's brought me back to a personal center I haven't had in ages.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba06871b6f3f.jpg[/atsimg]

It's times like these I'm so greatful for ATS and the ATS membership.

To those who have stepped out of the cave, and into the light - I salute you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3c19769bfb3.jpg[/atsimg]

This thread has a singluar purpose - to compile a collection of higher-mind programming that stimulates the front lobes.

Be it photo, video...feel free to share anything you feel helps transcend the mundane mental mentality - and share your commentary on it.

Here's a slice of shared persective I ran across recently:

Steel explains a New World Order leaning towards the Utopian, as opposed to the alternative NWO Dystopia theories we're all so familiar with.

If we effectively grab hold of the reigns of our imaginations and put them to work towards a positive future vision - it is, in my opinion - possible to 'beat the system" and become self-actualized, built from the ground up, the work of our own hands instead of the mass produced dreams of others.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time and attentions on this matter.

GE

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I Personally feel that to be a Great Idea. In fact, one could say that is the very thing I have been trying to get through to people on this very Website. Those Photos are Amazing!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hello, there, General.

First off I have to agree about the Mad Max films; they are so cool.

Growing up my father was always listening to NLP based Anthony Robbins stuff. I was walking around the house in diapers listening to people on cassette tapes talking about the Alpha state, the subconscious mind, human performance enhancement, sensory predicates,etc and I've been intrigued with unlocking human potential ever since .

I've always been fascinated with NLP and hypnosis. But they are obviously not the only tools for shifting one's state of consciousness.

I recently purchased the course called Quantum Jumping which I saw advertised on this site. Familiar with it?

The reason I ask is because it's fascinating stuff and the guy behind it is pretty amazing.

The concept is that you start out by relaxing into the Alpha State and then.. well it would be a whole lot easier for you to look at yourself if it sounds like something you would like.

I've only just started using it, but already I would say it's a more powerful tool for shifting one's consciousness than NLP or hypnosis. link:

www.theamericanmonk.com...

Also there is Reverse Speech. The therapy application takes clients into the Alpha State before doing something called a metawalk. It's unbelievably powerful. I've been through it myself. link:

www.reversespeech.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
few thigns:

regarding alpha waves, can you explain what you mean a bit more?

The concept of programming oneself for solely specific projects is possible and "advertized" among certain theorists. Since our youth, a friend and I have dedicated ourselves to music, and its absolutely worked. We are both exceptional at our instruments.

That being said, the NWO utopian view, in my view, one needs to d it on a microcosmic level rather than macrocosmic. One needs to take care of the community one belongs to etc. If one can handle the utopian view on the micro level, then it is truely working. If not, my guess is that one may have to move to a different community and try elsewhere.

I know there is a freedom movement that may be similar to this in Conneticut (no clue if thats spelled right). Great job on this thread to remind people of this, S+F.

new topics

top topics

join