It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Nuclear Test Site - Strange and unusual activity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hmm. Although this does appear very intriguing, in my opinion I doubt that the government would allow things like this to appear on Google Earth. I would think that they would either block this out, or add images from other areas to avoid being suspicious. My theory on Area 51 is that it is simply a decoy for somewhere else, where people would not think to look, perhaps the same could be said about the Nevada Test Site. Some interesting things that I notice in GE is that their appear to be random places blocked out. It appears that it is not simply a cloud or an object in the way, but an attempt to cover something up. So basically, I am saying that I highly doubt that the government would allow something like this to be on the internet, especially something as popular as Google Earth. Of course, I could be wrong...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry, I posted twice by accident,
please delete
[edit on 25-11-2009 by Sgtpeg]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Sgtpeg]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The first 2 images remind me of the entrances to the underground bases in the NM desert around the White Sands area, except there are no roads leading to it.

The large double crater likely holds water. The white residue is salt. The aquifers in the midwest has brackish water and as it evaporates it leaves and ever increasing white residue. It seems like enough water for a small town.

The crater is not from a nuclear exposion. It is far to small and nuclear warheads are not stored with a detonations device which would exclude any malfuntions.

If this site was really important to the government then GE would either blacked out or white out much of it and you would not be able to save the location to "my area".

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Great work... love the images and your breakdown.

Fascinating stuff, that is open to all sorts of conjecture and debate.

S+F for you

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by riggins44

The large double crater likely holds water .... It seems like enough water for a small town.

It's anomalies such as this that was the inspiration for this thread.

I see this interesting feature and I ask myself why 2 craters are created that intentionally overlap ? Why are they then filled with megalitres of (possibly) water ? What is the eventual purpose of such a construction ? Why was this done in the middle of a nuclear testing site ?

I'm sure there's one heck of an explanation ... just wish someone would explain it !

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
There is also a metallic trap door of 250 meters of diameter nearby...

What about this Huge Metallic "TRAPDOOR"?

What is the meaning of this underground structure?

For what puropse?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by DriftNinja
This is to cool, but my question is... what kind of job does it take to get into that place? Obviously your sworn to secrecy, i wouldn't mind that. It can't be a standard military branch can it? Probably something specific since i have heard of civilians working there.

I have no idea ... obviously they don't job advertise in the local papers

My guess is that everyone working there has been recruited in one way or another.

Or TDY(Temporary Duty) from Nellis AFB. Every one does realize that rather mundane military grunt work goes on don't you.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by theEXxman]

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i read all the comments. i think the double crater in the middle of the sight is a water collection zone in the natural low spot of the facility.

if i was going to build such a test facility,(to test some dangerous toxic radioactive thing that i knew nothing about and had reason to be infinitely afraid of what would happen if it got out of control)
i would make sure that all the rain water t hat fell on it could never escape into the rivers and into the sea..

i would build it in a basin that had a natural curve in the terrane (like all valleys in the desert do)
and i would put a collection area right in the lowest spot to contain anything that came out of it.

and if i was just asked for advice on how to build such a facility, i would take every precaution until i was sure i had done everything possible to make sure it was as safe as possible..
i think maybe when they first conceived the place, they made the original crater, then some precautionary participant suggested that they would feel safer if the containment crater was bigger. and to appease him they doubled its size..

its amazing to think they did all that the better part of a century ago. and most of it was probably within 10 years of the war.. so it was a break neck pace to build a defense against war lords who intended to dominate t he world and rain over the masses with fundamentalist whims about society and who should be king and who did all the work and who is the man..

i bet they can do it all with a microchip now. where the dinosaurs of yesterday had to excavate millions of tons of earth and sift out a few measly pounds of material..

i think the sight "a" and sight "b" circle is interesting.
it obviously make you think that back in the day, they used to test devices t hat emitted tremendous amount of radiation and it was all absorbed by a huge block of lead but they left a window aimed from sight a to sight b so the natural radiation from the device being tested could be observed with its natural diffusion in some huge open area under the color band that allows them to measure the actual effect that it would have if the system under test were used above ground.

and the radiation the leaked threw the tunnel simply killed all the plant life in that color difference band.

maybe its an old time arcane device that produced a continuous heavy watter fusion that was used as a neutron source to charge nuclear reactor fuel. maybe its still turned on.

its all obsolete now.

nuclear power is bad.
Fukashima tep setback proves its a nasty mess that is frightening and dangerous. i hate to think that japan is truly dependent on nuclear power.. maybe they are. i cant believe it .

we can switch to the limitless hydrogen from off-shore natural gas wells now

if i was going to test anything that explosive. i would make many facilities that could contain any blast from an experiment t hat went wrong. they probably just set every idiot that wants to experiment with live explosives and is qualified by college degree in a thick walled building away from every other experimenter so if one dies, the other will be safe to continue research.

doesn't sound like fun if it is, but someone has to do it

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join