It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Nuclear Test Site - Strange and unusual activity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I don't know. He was . . . in a key photographic position but relatively small potatoes in the over all scheme of things.

He's been on Linda Mouldton Howe's interviews about the craft he saw coming and going . . .

I don't know how risky it is. I think he minimizes it saying most of the stuff he knows has been long outted already.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My understanding is that underground testing left caverns below ground depending on weapon and size of explosions. The heat melted the rock and the craters were the only visible part of the explosion. Despite leaving caverns the ground sunk too.I remember some show showing the caverns.

After all these years it may be possible to use these caverns. If anything radioactive was left in the cavern, it would be encapsulated in glass, so dust would not be an issue, plus half life and all that.

I suppose if you wanted to store something, perhaps hazardous, the caverns would be nice.

I was looking at the craters on Google awhile back in regards to a hydrogen bomb test underground, IIRC, it left one of the biggest craters out there.

cavern made by nuclear explosion

[edit on 23-11-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ishmaael

The amount of EM radiation at these sites would be at or close to background levels. EMP from such a test would have to interact with the sand in such a way that would allow a photon to interact with and transfer its energy to an electron of the quartz contained in the sand. Some glazed material may have deleterious radiation, perhaps. The duration of the pulse in this type of test is brief and the top layers of soil where photon/electron binding might occur are ultimately blown away.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just a quick question.... Were you a spook in the service? "Intel" You have a very interesting hobby that could have been used in the service with far better equipment to aid you! If you are young, you may want to think about a job in intelligence...

Nice post BTW good to see an excellent thread, keep up the good work.

-Kdial1

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Just a quick question.... Were you a spook in the service? "Intel" You have a very interesting hobby that could have been used in the service with far better equipment to aid you! If you are young, you may want to think about a job in intelligence...

Nice post BTW good to see an excellent thread, keep up the good work.

-Kdial1

hahahaha .... I actually wouldn't mind being an "intel spook" ... because as you mentioned, just think of all the incredible technology they'd have at their disposal and what you could find around the world by using that technology ... GE would be a "toy" in comparison !

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
has anyone tried plotting lines from these objects to the epicenters of the Reno area earthquake "grid" as published by Stan Deyo?

I've been working on some research for a thread on that subject and this thread may have provided the missing bits for my work.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

If it is a "door", then what is stored/contained within the crater that requires such a massive door to keep it safely contained ?
First image I believe is a satellite dish, dark area its shadow.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why is this activity strange? I mean it's a military facility and all kinds of activity goes on all the time. I can't really see what is strange and unusual about this.

Underground bunkers, satellite dishes and so forth... pretty standard military stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The ramp area looks familiar to a video I recently saw, called D.U.M.B.S. Deep underground Military Bases.

It is almost identical. Here is the video, rather fascinating images, and you can get the diea they may have been taken somewhat clandestinely. At least that is the impression I got.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Please look at my post on this... those long white things are towers and the black cables (which are very thick) are what held the nuclear device in the chamber under the tower, deep in the earth (perhaps 5000 ft. down). All this really isn't very mysterious. Those pools of water are part of the governments monitoring of the radiation levels out there, which are fairly low now, but still not normal. This is all well documented on Wikipedia...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So do you think this mysterious door leads to some secret alien base.I did post a story two years ago about aliens living in a very radioactive enviroment.Some people may wounder how aliens could survive in a enviroment like that where humans would die very quickly.I beleive some aliens have the technology to protect themselfs from the effects of radiation and some aliens the radiation does not effect at all.They are immuned from the effect of radiation.Its a good way to keep humans and other aliens out.High levels of radiation could also keep the aliens base from being detected from other aliens.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think its important to point out that many of these images are basically nuclear "well caps". after the bomb is detonated, they "cap" the site to cut off access and contain the radio active material.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ragedizzer

Most of the weapons development is done at Sandia or Los Alamos Nuclear Labs.

What most of the Google Earth Explorers think they are discovering are from 40 years ago.

Any thing that is being done in this area is the EPA attempting to find out how contaminated the ground water is.

That is all the secret facilities and tunnels are doing.

For some reason naive people have been posting poor pictures of random items they have found at the NTS using Google Earth and believing without a doubt it is something that it is not.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

For some reason naive people have been posting poor pictures of random items they have found at the NTS using Google Earth and believing without a doubt it is something that it is not.

Don't misunderstand my reason for posting these images ... I'm not suggesting alien involvement or neferious government plots ... I'm simply highlighting items/objects/locations that look unusual, strange or just plain weird to me. Sure, they all probably have very mundane and logical explanations but irrespective, they give a glimpse of the sort of activity occuring within a nuclear test site that we are normally very unfamiliar with ... and so to us they look strange and out of place.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

There are actually several spots on GE that the public are not allowed to view... for instance, FEMA camps are blacked out. "They" (you know who I'm talking about...) have already decided to censor parts of our planet to keep their secrets.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In current pictures from GE, the "door" in the first set of photographs is now closed.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beware_the_conspiracy
In current pictures from GE, the "door" in the first set of photographs is now closed.

My initial thought on reading the above was "woooohoooo" and immediately went into GE to see for myself.

Unfortunately ... no change ... the "door" is still open ... massive disappointment

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is to cool, but my question is... what kind of job does it take to get into that place? Obviously your sworn to secrecy, i wouldn't mind that. It can't be a standard military branch can it? Probably something specific since i have heard of civilians working there.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DriftNinja
This is to cool, but my question is... what kind of job does it take to get into that place? Obviously your sworn to secrecy, i wouldn't mind that. It can't be a standard military branch can it? Probably something specific since i have heard of civilians working there.

I have no idea ... obviously they don't job advertise in the local papers

My guess is that everyone working there has been recruited in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
this is some strange stuff. have you got any other interesting photos?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join