It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden City, hidden conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
From it's start Channel 4 in the UK has made and funded a lot of very interesting films, they've given an outlet to a lot of young talented people who've subsequently gone on to fame and fortune.

One film I particularly enjoyed was Hidden City

Link to IMDB for Hidden City

Ignoring the plot this film showed a lot of the hidden side of the City of London, tunnels, forgotten places, etc. Wrapped around this was an interesting story of conspiracy. Most films of this nature make their way onto things like the Syfy (SciFi) Channel, reruns when conspiracy is a flavour of the month, and these days DVD. This film hasn't, why is that?

Is there something in this film which exposes something they TPTB want kept hidden, did the film stumble upon something by accident that caused panic amongst certain groups?

Why hasn't this film made it to DVD, or had a rerun on TV, it had a good story, credible actors, the writer has gone on to greater things, it would make money for Channel 4 Film, and so on.

Is there a hidden message in the Hidden City?

Was something shown that shouldn't have been shown?

Was this film too close to real events? Did it touch a raw nerve?

What did someone else see that we all missed in this film that means it doesn't see the light of day?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i dont know much about this, but i am very interested now.

i hope i can find more info.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Maybe it's just a cult film.
In the sense that some people like it, but majoratively it doesn't reach wider audiences.
Also, it was made back in '88. Channels like Scyfy tend to run either films they made themselves, or popular shows they can get cheap.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure enough people are interested in the film for it to be a cult.

Maybe that explains why it hasn't made it onto the TV recently. That's a shame, it deserves an outing.

I was working in London around the time the film was shown, that's why it had such a resonance for me, some of the locations were places I passed on a regular basis, places I wanted to get in and explore, but were locked up tight.

There may have been urban explorers back then, I should have sought them out.

top topics

join