It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked documents reveal No 10 cover-up over Iraq invasion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would go along with prosecuting Bush and Blair.. if every single member of govt who voted in favor of the war was also prosecuted accordingly.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
My only question to those that think we were intentionally mislead in order to lead us to war is this: If they had the overwhelming ability to carefully craft and mislead the entire media to get the war started, don't you think they would have planted evidence out in the desert there somewhere to avoid this whole mess? Just sayin'......

Talk about your timing in bringing up that very point. Not even a day or two ago, that EXACT same thought popped up in my mind.

Either way people look at it, I am proud of the fact that we finally cleaned up a job which we should have completed back in 1991 to begin with. We ridded the world of another murdering maniac of a tyrant, and despite the debate raging around us first entering the nation to begin with, why do so many people find it difficult to at the very least acknowledge this positive accomplishment? The way I see it, the majority of the opposition is highly partisan in nature, and they would have found a way to bash the President for NOT going into Iraq (If he had so taken such a course).

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

i never did agree with the war in iraq...whatever crimes have been covered up by the governments the truth ALWAYS FINDS a way to curface eventually. if its today, tomorrow or in 20 years it always gets found out and somebody will eventually be punished

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by IrnBruFiend
The real evidence will come and bite them in the ass sooner or later.

Observe this great awakening surrounding 9/11 at the moment. All it can do is pick up momemtum. The Official Story will always be on the back foot and the real evidence will always have the upper hand.

Sooner or later it'll flip completely.

Don't fall for the propaganda THIS time.

FACT: The first gulf war was ended by a CEASE-FIRE ARMISTICE and not a "Peace Treaty" meaning NATO can resume military operations against Iraq for ANY breaches of the cease-fire agreement.

UNSCR 1441 found Iraq in material breach of the cease-fire Armistice.

Political games - nothing more.

Those material breaches were the lies used to justify the invasion, which is what this all about.
Okay sure..

*drinks Kool-Aid*

Iraq was in material breach in 1992. Every time they fired on a NATO aircraft they were in material breach.

I'm telling you man, don't buy into this BS, the Iraq War was justified. If either party violates the terms of the cease-fire armistice just once it's grounds for the other party to resume the conflict under International Law.

If you don't believe me look it up:

UNSCR 687: Formal Cease Fire between coalition and Iraq, 12 conditions were agreed upon by the Iraqi government.

UNSCR 1441: Found Iraq in "material breach" of UNSCR 687.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

War resolves nothing.

Assassination on the other hand is far more effective.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

I'm not saying that the families do not deserve to be compensated for losing a loved one based on a completely fabricated reason for war .. but this could be a catastrophic impact on the global economy.

They should find a way to recoup these expenses from those companies and individuals who profited from the wars. Haliburton? Blackwater/XE or whatever they call themselves now. The list is large and they surely have the funds now to spare. How about the oil companies? How about the Bush family?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

We ridded the world of another murdering maniac of a tyrant, and despite the debate raging around us first entering the nation to begin with, why do so many people find it difficult to at the very least acknowledge this positive accomplishment?

Jeez, you think maybe it could be because the rest of the world recognizes that it is the US that is the biggest, most tyranical and murdering force on the planet? So you got rid of a small fry so you could have even more control over the globe.

Yah. A real cause for celebration.

There will always be a few who eat up the military establishment's propaganda like it was manna from heaven.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

In order for the families to have any case, would the US legal system have to find George Bush guilty?

Im NOT siding with Bush here. Im just playing devils advocate. Also - i'm not really sure if they'd have a case - since it is very well known that one of the down sides to being a soldier is that you go to war and get shot at.

Its not like nobody knew that when they signed up for the all volunteer military.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would really like to see Blair brought before a judge on this one, simply for the smug 'I'll let god be my judge' remark when last questioned on the matter.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by shamhat]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The biggest problem I see with this article is after reading it we still all know you will continue to see americans say "Support the troops" which in turn means "Support these illegal and immoral wars".

To them "support the troops" for some strange and odd reason doesn't mean "Bring the troops home from these illegal and immoral wars that are bankruptint this country".

I don't know why people continue to choose to be confused even after articles such as these.

It just makes no sense, I guess people feel more comfortable being ignorant than to criticize the govt. of their beloved country.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shamhat

That is not going to happen, what so ever, TIP, wllmake sure that nothing happens to Blair either.

What makes me angry is the revalations, that UK Troops travelled to Iraq on Civillian planes, they had thie kits, equipement, pocket knifes etc, confiscated from them. That I find rather bizzare and disgusting to say the least.

May One also add not everyone fromthe US nor the UK were all for the WAR, there were demonstrations, in London, seems some need to remember this.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

My only question to those that think we were intentionally mislead in order to lead us to war is this: If they had the overwhelming ability to carefully craft and mislead the entire media to get the war started, don't you think they would have planted evidence out in the desert there somewhere to avoid this whole mess? Just sayin'......

Talk about your timing in bringing up that very point. Not even a day or two ago, that EXACT same thought popped up in my mind.

Either way people look at it, I am proud of the fact that we finally cleaned up a job which we should have completed back in 1991 to begin with. We ridded the world of another murdering maniac of a tyrant, and despite the debate raging around us first entering the nation to begin with, why do so many people find it difficult to at the very least acknowledge this positive accomplishment? The way I see it, the majority of the opposition is highly partisan in nature, and they would have found a way to bash the President for NOT going into Iraq (If he had so taken such a course).

"Positive accomplishment" is not your call to make unless you represent the opinions of the Iraqi people who live there.. something tells me they don't see it that way.

It's arrogant as F to tell people who live under a violent illegal foreign occupation they didn't ask for that having their lives & nation reduced to pablum is "positive".

Ruining the lives of millions of innocent souls and destroying a nation that posed no threat to US soil based on lies is not a positive accomplishment... it's an epic fail and an affront to humanity not seen since the 1930s

It was also illegal according the UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan "Yes, if you wish. I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter from our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal ."

bush violating UN charter is violating US law; US Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2... it also makes the US deadly farcical hypocrites; violating UN charter to attack Iraq for violating UN charter??

There is no saving face here, the scale of human death & suffering is far too great for anything positive to emerge out of removing 1 man. The US govt has conspired to commit a horrible deadly illegal act.. that they will all get away with, of course... the bush people are pure evil & un-checked power thanks to our rogue political parties.. rumor has it even cancer is afraid of the bush.

lcnp.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why? Humankind is desparately evil at it's core and always responds with animal violence at the slightest encroachment upon their comfort zone.

Oh, this is the lie They want you to believe. That humans are so evil and vile. But it is not the human hearted but the lizard hearted who are evil, and foist their wrong-doings onto us humans, never letting us see that we are truly beautiful and are twisted by them through the control of money and information.

Thus many believe humans are evil. We are not, however.

War is ongoing and neverending with this mindset. From before Alexander the Great (pictured in my avatar) to this very day, man's been involved in War Without End because of his desparate evil state.

Wrong. We are manipulated into the wars we fight by the greedy, lizard hearted individuals who control us. We are propped up with "patriotism," and lies about others attacking us (think 9/11). This motivates us to "answer the call of duty," placing our bodies as fodder for their economic gain and overall control.

War resolves nothing.

Not precisely true... War resolves who has the money and the power. And if we believe that nationalism is a good thing (as we are taught), and the lies that lead us to offer our bodies to their ends... They will triumph.

More to the point... They will make sure war never ends, immediate resolution or not.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

We ridded the world of another murdering maniac of a tyrant, and despite the debate raging around us first entering the nation to begin with, why do so many people find it difficult to at the very least acknowledge this positive accomplishment?

Jeez, you think maybe it could be because the rest of the world recognizes that it is the US that is the biggest, most tyranical and murdering force on the planet? So you got rid of a small fry so you could have even more control over the globe.

Yah. A real cause for celebration.

There will always be a few who eat up the military establishment's propaganda like it was manna from heaven.

First of all, you shouldn't trash the Military. We happen to have one of the greatest Military forces upon the face of the Earth, and the men and women who construe its ranks have done more for the common cause of peace and tranquility than anyone else dare admit. We see thousands protesting against tyranny and corruption, human slaughter, and ritualistic cleansing, yet time and again, just who exactly sacrificed their sweet and secure lives to put an end to such atrocities countless times over? Yes, our Military.

Second, in direct relation to the aforementioned, the United States has done more than ANY other Nation in existence, to free and liberate MILLIONS of enslaved, deprived, and tortured souls the World over. If you cannot see this fact, then you yourself happen to be blinded by naivety, hatred, or any combination that either such elements can produce.

The only individuals who see the U.S. as "Tyrannical", or "Murdering" are enemies who do not deserve the recognition of even walking this Earth, or they happen to be the same pacifists who were saved by the "Tyrant" 64 years ago. Have the US MIL drop its arms, and walk off to vacation in the Caribbean, and have the United States pull all of its support from all over the world, and watch how quickly Hell on Earth becomes a true and undeniable reality.

You are disgustingly ungrateful, it is quite the shame that minds such as yours even have a voice.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Anyone else remember when this was just a whacky conspiracy theory, or something that it was cool for Bush haters to say? Come on, people...it was obvious then and it's obvious now what they were doing. I hope they mention the "mass graves of millions" that Bush and Blair lied about too...the ones that were never found and the ones that both these criminals later confessed to have exaggerated. Anyway, I sure hope the truth comes out and no one else dies to cover it up. Even if I'm wrong. Which I'm not.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I would go along with prosecuting Bush and Blair.. if every single member of govt who voted in favor of the war was also prosecuted accordingly.

with great power comes great responsibility. and that includes the punishment. they were the ones who lied. they are the ones who should be tried.

frankly, i'm surprised either is still alive with all the mud they smeared on our great intelligence and law enforcement agencies.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

"Positive accomplishment" is not your call to make unless you represent the opinions of the Iraqi people who live there.. something tells me they don't see it that way.

It's arrogant as F to tell people who live under a violent illegal foreign occupation they didn't ask for that having their lives & nation reduced to pablum is "positive".

Ruining the lives of millions of innocent souls and destroying a nation that posed no threat to US soil based on lies is not a positive accomplishment... it's an epic fail and an affront to humanity not seen since the 1930s

It was also illegal according the UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan "Yes, if you wish. I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter from our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal ."

bush violating UN charter is violating US law; US Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2... it also makes the US deadly farcical hypocrites; violating UN charter to attack Iraq for violating UN charter??

There is no saving face here, the scale of human death & suffering is far too great for anything positive to emerge out of removing 1 man. The US govt has conspired to commit a horrible deadly illegal act.. that they will all get away with, of course... the bush people are pure evil & un-checked power thanks to our rogue political parties.. rumor has it even cancer is afraid of the bush.

I guess the same could have been said for Hitler. Oh, maybe a majority of the German populace outside of the Jewish minority appreciated him, and we harmed their poor, innocent lives through our fight against Fascism. Following your mindset, we should have just allowed for Hitler to run things his way, because taking him on was only a "positive" thing in the minds of those who did not look up to him.

It is somewhat hilarious, in a dark manner, when someone comments on a people and a Nation which they have no experience with from outside of reading blogs and news articles (Generally speaking). How many Iraqis have you met? How many of Saddam's victims have you known? I happen to know many, and they would love to hear your self-righteous dictation of how they do, or should, feel.

Also, you refute your own argument when you state that Kofi Annan called the war "Illegal", yet you espouse in the same breath that my having called OIF "Positive" is an opinion which I have "no right to (cast)". Kofi Annan was also espousing his opinion on the matters, as was the United Nations, because their interpretation of statute was being applied through their own judgement. I assume that you also forget that the Annan family was deeply involved in the Oil-for-Food Scandal WITH Saddam Hussein, HENCE their opposition to the MIL Operations. France was opposed as well, then we suddenly found bunker loads of Iraqi MIL ammunition that originated from France. Instead of always attacking the U.S. for having ulterior motives in attacking Saddam's regime, I strongly suggest that you and others also look into the ulterior motives behind those who opposed such.

As for a war being "Illegal", there is NO such thing. War is WAR, it is not a Judicial process. A War is a fight with no rules beyond basic conduct of civilians and prisoners, yet in most circumstances even those aspects are ignored in the aspirations of victory.

Face it, the vast majority of Americans who were against OIF, were actually against President Bush ever since his election. If there had never been a politically partisan aspect so blatantly present such as there was, I guarantee you that most of the detractors on here would not be so, or at the very least, you/they would not be calling for trials and tribunals against our CIC. I hardly heard a peep from you folks when President Clinton indiscriminately launched missiles into pharmacies and refugee camps, but now you suddenly shout high and mighty from above the fray? Please.

[edit on 11-23-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

My favorite part "Significantly, the documents support what officials have earlier admitted – that the army was not allowed to prepare properly for the Iraq invasion in 2002 so as not to alert parliament and the UN that Blair was already determined to go to war."

If I were writing the report, I'd summarize:
bush and blair should be tried as war criminals, they conspired to ruin millions of innocent lives, and to hastily send other peoples kids off to die based on a well orchestrated pack of lies & propaganda.

This govt manipulation and avoidable violence is an affront to humanity on the same scale as adolph hitler and his nazi political party war machine.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article) (edit spelling)

[edit on 22-11-2009 by GovtFlu]
LOL @ that

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Why? Humankind is desparately evil at it's core and always responds with animal violence at the slightest encroachment upon their comfort zone.

Woh! Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. There are plenty of good people. The trouble is, 'cos some have no scruples, the poo floats to the top.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Btw in america i tryed to click that link and it does not let me browse for longer then a second then it whites out .THey might be trying to hide massive amounts of information fromus

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join