It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Im in Missouri too, Dreamseeker..its very scary! I think all of us should just go stock up on a few weeks of food and not venture out much..just to be on the safe side..of course, just going out to get the food could expose us to it..

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ok I called the news source reporting on this and he said the surge in cases were backlogged cases and not a sudden thing. He says this is not the same thing that is happening in the Urakarine. I explained to him about what happened over there with suddely dozens of cases in a few days. He said it is the same swine flu as everywhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Don't forget that the CDC has changed it's reporting criteria and methodology so we can't exactly make too many solid assumptions about their statistics.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is true. It really add more to the confusion. I feel as if we have lost something we can never get back. I feel this swine flu is not what we are being told?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My job has a policy that we have to come to work if sick. Even if you have a doctors note or cut a limb off and went to the ER before work, they don't care, you're getting a point on your attendance no matter what...and they changed the attendance policy putting most of us within a point or two of being fired, so we have no choice...

If I get deathly ill I'm coming in and going straight to the managers office lol

ps...I work at CVS Pharmacy and they are evil

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

So basically, he wasnt much help. There are quite a few mutations by now, i think. I dont suppose they could tell you much. Nice try though.

Start wearing your masks!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I just called the CDC to confirm this new information. She siad blood in the lungs is NOT a known complication of the swine flu or pnuemonia. She also said that OBESITY is NOT a known risk factor and she wishes people would stop saying so!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
This is just great ... Overnight this stuff comes from Ukraine and drops right in my back yard?!?!?!?

I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this and keep you guys up to date on local reports.

I have been saying for a while that the mutated H1N1 would come back from Ukraine to the US (and possibly right back to Mexico) and now it looks like it may have happened.

My advice is to just stay inside if you are worried and not have any guests over considering how bad this new virus appears to be. Go buy a XBOX or PS3 and blow the heads off Russians in Modern Warfare 2 with friends online or something.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Your backyard, heck its in my office!

I work in Iowa and have staff that commute from Des Moines every other week.
I will be watching this like a hawk.

Hey ATS staff, where is the emote with a flu mask on?
I think it is past time to add one.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The CDC lady said this has nothing to do with the Urakarine strain. When I first asked her she was not sure and she had to look it up. She said go to the web site.
I went to the web site to see if it would mention that it didn't which I fgured it wouldn't. She must have googled it to see what I was talking about it took her 15 minutes for an answer.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
She siad blood in the lungs is NOT a known complication of the swine flu or pnuemonia.

Originally posted by dreamseeker
The CDC lady said this has nothing to do with the Urakarine strain. When I first asked her she was not sure and she had to look it up. She said go to the web site. I went to the web site to see if it would mention that it didn't which I fgured it wouldn't. She must have googled it to see what I was talking about it took her 15 minutes for an answer.

First she says blood in the lungs isn't consistent with H1N1, then she says that the story of blood in the lungs in Iowa has nothing to do with the Ukraine strain. Sounds like she really has no idea of what she's talking about and is just saying what she thinks will quell panic.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Believe NONE of what you read and half of what you SEE!!

I think this is crap and the physicians are paid to blow this out of proportion. I would bet my life that all these people had a flu shot too.

Rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

I'm still waiting for additional confirmation from other sources.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Time to make sure you have enough food and water for staying indoors for a month. If, I mean when there is a major outbreak they will lock us all down at one point and besides our food supply chain is a bit fragile and something like this could empty the store shelves.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I saw that whole thing with the guy in the VW Beetle unfold live via online news feeds. Boy that was odd.

I just find the whole situation frustrating!

There are very few credible news sources and we aren't even sure if that VW driver was the scientist Moshe.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know my lungs have been hurting and have been feeling really tired. I hope it is just because I am panicked. I am terrified. My great grandmother lived through the 1918 strain and she told me if it happens again don't get sick then you will ensure you will be ok. She did not get the spanish flu. She said some people got it more than once.
Back then they used all kinds of weird treatments like drinking kersone. I always thought what killed most was the treatments not the diease itself. In the 1918 flu people's hair feel out; their lungs melted and they had all these really biazzare symptoms that were not consitent with the regular flu.
Maybe this is the 1918 flu all over agian. After all the 1918 flu was part swine, part bird and part human flu just like this current flu. Is it a concidence that they have been doing research since 2005 on the 1918 flu?
In the 1918 flu I believe one of the first mutations happened in Kansas which is in the midwest?
If they wanted to recreate it maybe they decided to start it in the midwest so it will spread out easier. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is like the video game, "Left 4 Dead 2". On the walls there is writting like, "THIS IS NOT A FLU", "The army have left us" There a signs telling people to wash hands, dont carry firearms, dont run at military personel. If the nwo have a zombie plague lined up im ready!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is an actual game called pandemic swine that is free online to play. For me it is not much fun since it is realistic. One of the options is to nuke a whole town? Why in the world would anyone do that to keep a flu from spreading.
I know I in the game I was pretty successful at containing it but in the cities that got the flu and did not have the vaccine 90% died in the game.
Weird?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

One thing I've always done when I felt the flu coming on was to take a teaspoon or so of the hottest hot sauce I happened to have and put it to the back of my throat and tilt back fast. If you do it right it doesn't burn your mouth. The capaecins in the hot sauce create a microclimate in your throat that the virus can't handle well, it reduces the severity considerably. You need to do it every 2-3 hours for about 24 hrs or so.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
For what it is worth, I've heard the aromatic fumes from boiling onions is said to be very good for both the condition itself and some claim even preventing he illness itself.. of course, this is just internet chatter....

Could it be based in truth?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join