It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? I found it this morning in my house.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Once this has been sorted out....I think it would be a good idea to start a thread for items unknown, like a weekly quiz night or something....I found a suspect item under the wifes side of the bed and I immediately went all paranoid after picking it up.....It buzzed for about 10 minutes. Still to this day I dont know what it was, but the wife goes all red when I ask her opinion.....

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla

Originally posted by triaxrob

As far as making a thread about things you find on your floor would it make it any more or any less relavent if he found an alien sleeping on his couch?
or some artifact from another world on his counter.

yes actually it would make things much more relevant because we have board dedicated to both of those topics. i have yet to find the "looks like a tube" board.

Yes but you missed the point, the point was if he had NO clue what it was and It was found in his house with no way of getting there that he would know about, And that he is interested in things of the nature of this site then it is totaly fine to post the pic and ask a question. No its ok to make a pun or two and poke a little harmless fun, but to say that there is no place for it? Hmmmm if he knew what it was then he wouldnt need to ask.

There are no such things as stupid questions, Only stupid answers.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by triaxrob

There are no such things as stupid questions, Only stupid answers.

i highly disagree. there are no stupid question or answers.

just stupid people.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Any one who has had any type of laproscopic surgery would recognize it imediately as the tube they use to put in the camera and light to see what they are doing. That is what I immediately thought of when I saw the pic.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I love how you people on this site actually think that the government would waste thousands of dollars monitoring you...
. It looks like some type watering tube for some small animal.

Well.....hate to burst your bubble but - Yes they[the security arm of the gov.] do waste thousands of dollars monitoring people - waste is their area of expertise. And they don't do this with their top dollar employees - they use low cost hired help - folks who need work to trail, and keep tabs on "persons of interest" -I know this because it happened to a friend of mine - and years ago when I was an activist- it most definitely happened to me as well - the difference now is that you could be almost anyone - don't have to be active in anything - guilt by association - even the most tenuous distant association can net you a a little watch party...granted it doesn't happen to everyone but if it happened to my friend who has never been to a demonstration in his life or political in anyway, I know the odds are its happening to others...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Sorry... but how do we know that somebody entered the OP's home?

Are you suggesting that it just appeared of its own accord?

It certainly doesn't look to be alive; so the likelihood of it inching its way in, due to its own free will, seems highly improbable.

Originally posted by blupblup
And how do we know that this "Device" is used for picking up sound/voice?

I'd suggest a google image search of "voice tube".

Dental saliva ejectors don't focus their suction in a pinpoint fashion because such a small point of suction could do harm if it attached itself to the cheek or gums; hamster bottle tubes have threads and seal on one end to prevent leaking, and a movable ball blocking a large opening in the drinking end; and keyboard vacuming/dusting attachments tend to have small brushes to help loosen/free up particles.

After seeing a variety of all of the objects listed above, it isn't difficult to come to the conclusion that what we're looking at is a voice tube; however, if you can present convincing evidence that this object is in fact something else, then I'd be more than happy to take new evidence into consideration.

[edit on 11/22/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Don't know what it is or even if the OP is serious or just trying to get attention and points.

But from experiences at home and in my office, people pass through a place, visiting, dropping off things, doing meter readings, whatever.

They can drop things that go unnoticed, get under furniture or kicked into corners. Suddenly you find them days, weeks, months later.

A part of some equipment, something they were carrying that fell off, a hundred explanations. Almost always innocuous.

If someone wants to track you they will. But paying people salaries to record, review, analyze, file reports, correlate information - is not practical except for those who have raised alarm bells. There are a few hundred million people out there.

Would almost guarantee if this is a real claim - it's nothing to be concerned about.

M

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Lol, all this conspiracy talk. Its a MIC TUBE fore crying out loud.

Its comes with a PC headset and mic.

Headset

If you still don't believe me, then its a part of the secret governments ploy to get you thinking.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and state the obvious even if it does make me look like an insensitive jerk. facts are as follows. Strange object like Mic found on floor in living room. OP has wife with kids. Assuming OP works while wife stays home is the object strange to wife? under what scenario would someone strange to the op but not the wife possibly leave something(lose) behind after leaving? possibly something one of the kids found, was playing with and left in the middle of the floor? get where I'm going here? sorry but I like the most probable/ likely scenarios for this type of occurrence. Sorry OP no offense intended just asking questions here.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OP, have you asked your wife if she knows what it is? You say she keeps the house immaculate, surely she knows just about everything you own.

Maybe it was in one of your books that you ordered.
It certainly does look like a mic piece as the other posters have said.

Did you ever own a different headset for your pc? Maybe its from an old one, or it could have been under your bookcase and a mouse moved it..even clean houses can have mice

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

So basically you're saying there is 100% no explicable reason whatsoever for this thing to be in your home, much less on the floor.

So why the heck are you asking us? If you don't know, we sure as heck won't

Not to be rude or anything but... i'm personally not buying this "?I just happened to find this thing in my house and there's zero reason for it to be here" - but then i'm one of those vil filthy thinking people, uh, I mean skeptics.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Uh lol, judging by the picture and hollow glass tube with plastic on the end.. No one is gonna like this but it looks like the apparatus that you stick into a water bong to smoke meth, crack, and what ever else that turns into a liquid form after being heated. Thats exactly what it appears to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
I'm gonna go ahead and state the obvious even if it does make me look like an insensitive jerk. facts are as follows. Strange object like Mic found on floor in living room. OP has wife with kids. Assuming OP works while wife stays home is the object strange to wife? under what scenario would someone strange to the op but not the wife possibly leave something(lose) behind after leaving? possibly something one of the kids found, was playing with and left in the middle of the floor? get where I'm going here? sorry but I like the most probable/ likely scenarios for this type of occurrence. Sorry OP no offense intended just asking questions here.

Are you saying it belongs to the milk man?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
the man shes cheating with is a telemarketer and that's his mic.

On the contrary, that would make for a horrible "telemarketer" mic.

Source

Voice tube or omni directional microphones convey the speaker’s voice and his surrounding sounds to the other side without interference.

Voice tube are similar to speaker phones in this regard and the very opposite of noise canceling.

So while looking sexy, it does convey background noise!

Pros and Cons
Voice tube technology provides voice clarity with less weight then others.

However, these microphones are not suitable in an office environment because they do not filter out unnecessary background noise.

Telemarketers work in crowded call centers with a lot of background noise; so omni directional voice tube technology would be the last thing they'd want to use.

Uhm having worked in a callcenter a few years back, I can confirm that we actually did use Plantronic headsets with voice tubes, so sorry, but that a telemarketer would use this is not that far fetched...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When I first saw the hi res pics I thought crack pipe. However, upon further examination, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually a time travel device.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe , if its not a PC mic it looks a whole lot like my wifes "playtronics" headset she wears in her office..."the other room"
Rechargable wireless headset, from wally world...29.99
hooks in-line to your land line phone.
When she takes it off later I'll take a pic and get the model # for ya...it sure looks like it, and it comes with 2-3 different length mics for ppl with big ole heads.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hello! We have a drawer in the kitchen devoted to weird stuff found on the floor. I am constantly asking my children/ husband What is this? Where does it go? If no one claims it we toss it in the drawer, because as soon as you throw it out I garantee that it belongs to something important and you will have to go through emense trouble to get another one. That seems to be the law of the universe.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OMG!!!!

This is SURELY sign that disclosure is coming soon!!! You had aliens in your home and thats a Model 5 Mk7 series anal probe!!!!

Or it could be as everyone else said and a mic extension for a head set or a fiber optic for barrel bore inspection.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Are you suggesting that it just appeared of its own accord?

It certainly doesn't look to be alive; so the likelihood of it inching its way in, due to its own free will, seems highly improbable.

Are you suggesting that the OP is being 100% sincere and genuine in saying that they just miraculously found this in their house?

And even if they did, why would it have to be something sinister like some agency or spy breaking into their home and planting a listening device.

I mean, these people broke in leaving no trace, didn't wake the OP, but left this "Voice tube" (
) just lying around?

Get a grip...

[edit on 22/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Due to time constraints, I haven't reviewed the four pages of responses. I'm not sure if anyone has thrown this out there, but it appears very similar to an attachment nozzle for a pressurized sprayer i.e. paint, deck water seal, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join