It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Ruins near “Fra Mauro Highlands”: Dr. Edgar Mitchell was right!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
Although there is stuff on the moon, everything on Google Moon has been doctored.

This has been said by John Lear on numerous ocassions and despite ATS's unwarranted dislike towards John Lear he is still one of the most knowledgable people on this matter....

Maybe Zorgon has something to say about this matter...?

Right Stanton. Absolutely Right.

But where is the "knight" Zorgon?

I believe Zorgon is in hospital with an acutely-inflamed ego. Unfortunately, the prognosis is not good. A spokesman for the hospital said they have never seen such a severe case (with the exception of a previous patient - a Mr. J. Lear).
Despite all their efforts to reduce the size of his ego, doctors have said due the severity of the inflammation, it is likely his ego will continue to grow until it eventually explodes.

Mores the pity.

PS. If you want to send flowers, just address it to the same ward and hospital that John Lear attends for the same condition. However addressing the flowers to the "Great One" may cause confusion and conflict, if John Lear happens to be in the ward at the same time.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I just watched an interview with him. Quite shocking to see everything he's saying.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Sorry for your loss. (of authority)

I said I am not an expert, but reading skills might be needed to gleen that. I simply tried to say I am better than average at discerning visual problems. I also take into consideration lens extremity distortions, processing and handling artifacts when we can identify such. Seems speculations can run both ways. We need to see film handling errors and hardware for that.

You seem to forget that people have been in the laboratory and have seen these in the actual film, have risked their reputations and life to sign affidavits swearing direct evidence was experienced by themselves and with others in their presence that informed them these structures where actually there.

You don't have much information on this yet it seems.

ZG

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Those are not natural colour images, they are made with filters that do not correspond to the red, green and blue wavelengths, so they cannot be used in a RGB image to show real colours.

I was calling them natural color images because that's what Jose called them.. They are UVVIS images, which to me really cannot be true natural color but I wasn't about to tell Jose he is wrong LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Originally posted by Imagir
A strange Path, a Face and a Piramyd?

The Domios Noid? I didn't think pizza would be big on the moon.

But what do I know.

Really why would one want to Avoid the Noid?

If that little 3 inch man popped out of a pizza box in the Noid outfit, I'd first have to change my pants, second I'd box him up in a soap container then have him pop out in front of my girlfriend as she was doing the wash. After here initial heart attack and cry that she had just seen a demon, i would laugh until I actually exploded spontaneously.....

You made me laugh like you do when someone is tickling you...thanks.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Great post OP..nice find.

ArMaP, the obvious dark grey triangle and the other obvious seams where the photo's are joined, is NOT what the OP is drawing attention to.

You know that right?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
Although there is stuff on the moon, everything on Google Moon has been doctored.

This has been said by John Lear on numerous ocassions and despite ATS's unwarranted dislike towards John Lear he is still one of the most knowledgable people on this matter....

Maybe Zorgon has something to say about this matter...?

Really?

And here I thought JL was just a bloke who liked to stir the pot... As even HE admits.

I would hesitate to use your meaning of the phrase "most knowledgable" for things I want people to really trust.

Zman on the other hand, oh bless him.. Young padewan must temper his desires, yess....

[edit on 23/11/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

These have been addressed on ATS before, and I'd hope people would reiterate the conclusions rather than have to go through the entire argument/debate again.

But as the search feature is as useful as a solar powered torch, and I'm merely passing by in reverse, I will let those who've been here longer HOPEFULLY find the old links.

(Really the search feature needs a revamp guys... "tracks" "moon" shows nothing.. yet it was clearly words used when I perused the thread ages back)

Just as a memory kick, it was shown that they are the results of meteors that have broken up and pock the surface at intervals. They aren't bunkers.

Make of this what you will, I'm not here to prove or argue for it. Just what the OLD threads came up with.

Armap, I know you were there in them
halp halp !!!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Hey mate
Can't contact you for some reason
Give me a buzz on my email: [email protected]

Matt

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

I certainly don't dislike John...quite the opposite actually.

I have a lot of time for him, and respect him for trying.

Shame the opposition was rallied against him, but it was pretty obvious that something like that would happen.

I'd love to see him back here.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Done !

(strange, are u2u not working? Alerts first, now u2u's!! oO)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

I certainly don't dislike John...quite the opposite actually.

I have a lot of time for him, and respect him for trying.

Shame the opposition was rallied against him, but it was pretty obvious that something like that would happen.

I'd love to see him back here.

I'd have liked it more had he replied to u2u's. I sent him a few, we conversed a bit, but as soon as I asked for evidence, he'd go silent.

He seemed purposely vague in that, which left me pondering how sincere he was. That and he had some reasl doozies !!! oO

lol

I have the feeling he's still around here in some form or another, just not playing his hand anymore..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Does the feature in the center of the image remind anyone else of the Sydney opera house in Oz?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Thanks for that.

Thing is, he may have been getting swamped from all the U2U's he must have been getting following his Lunar threads.

I'm not apologising or making excuses for him in any way btw, i've never met or spoken with him directly, so you may be right, i couldn't say one way or the other.

Maybe he thought that he had already provided the evidence, as he saw it.

The images containing the anomalies, were pretty self evident - inasmuch as a series of 40 year old photo's taken from high altitude on B/W film can be!

Apart from his posted images and heresay, there is probably little other evidence available to him to produce.

Let's be honest, until a consortium of wealthy conspiracy theorists get together, put their money where their mouth is and finance a cheap (well, cheap by current mission costs) unmanned probe to go and look for ourselves, there really will be zero substantive evidence of anything.

We'll keep doing the rounds of 'Look's like' and 'Out of place' and 'Could be', and others will (rightly in many cases) say 'it's pareidolia and your mind is playing tricks on you'.

As an aside, I hypothesize that pareidolia is an evolutionary tool we have developed as a survival mechanism in order to help us spot camouflaged or hidden predators or prey, and as such actually helps us to spot partially hidden objects and features obscured in these images. In some cases, it can work against us, but many times actually helps.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thanks for that.

Thing is, he may have been getting swamped from all the U2U's he must have been getting following his Lunar threads.

True, and I've considered that myself. He certainly had many people here posting, it's no doubt he had as many if not more U2U's!

I'm not apologising or making excuses for him in any way btw, i've never met or spoken with him directly, so you may be right, i couldn't say one way or the other.

Thats the problem, all of his public correspondence entailed claims such as "I won't say who" or "I can't say how" - he left it open. Usually with statements of impending doom for those who imparted the knowledge unto him.

One thing I see here often is that if you cannot prove something or if you are unwilling to reveal your sources due to fear for their safety, WHY bring up the claim in the first place.

John was certainly not afraid to make claims. He said he had proof that went beyond mere speculation, and way beyond what the general public were privy to. Yet he always fell short of just enough evidence, and then actually got snarky when pushed.

He outright stated more than one that he liked to see what happens when he stirred the pot. He was quite sincere in his zeal to create a ruckus.

The images containing the anomalies, were pretty self evident - inasmuch as a series of 40 year old photo's taken from high altitude on B/W film can be!

Apart from his posted images and heresay, there is probably little other evidence available to him to produce.

Oh he claimed to have inside sources, et al. I think it's the fact his father was such a high profile character, and that he himself has an actual history, that people give him more credit than he really warranted.

I mean, Ronald Reagad was president, didn't make the roles he played in movies factual. I think John was playing his own movie a lot of the time.

Let's be honest, until a consortium of wealthy conspiracy theorists get together, put their money where their mouth is and finance a cheap (well, cheap by current mission costs) unmanned probe to go and look for ourselves, there really will be zero substantive evidence of anything.

We'll keep doing the rounds of 'Look's like' and 'Out of place' and 'Could be', and others will (rightly in many cases) say 'it's pareidolia and your mind is playing tricks on you'.

As an aside, I hypothesize that pareidolia is an evolutionary tool we have developed as a survival mechanism in order to help us spot camouflaged or hidden predators or prey, and as such actually helps us to spot partially hidden objects and features obscured in these images. In some cases, it can work against us, but many times actually helps.

I agree, and when the average man can get a personal claim to view the moon and all the areas of interest, we'll know - But I don't expect the ones who have no means to do so, to stop claiming things. It's human nature.

Pareidolia will never be proven to be the cause of a lot of things. I'd be hard pressed to see a camouflaged octopus or cuttlefish in the ocean, but people will always see monoliths on the moon..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
I think John was playing his own movie a lot of the time.

Well said mate, and you basically covered everything I was thinking.

The reason I think people should take Mr. Lear with a grain of salt is that John seems to get a buzz from being the centre of attention (at least that is what thinks he is), and is willing to cast fabrication after fabrication to get the limelight. Case in point: when he stated that ATS was a front for a CIA disinformation program!

No proof, and potentially damaged the standing of Bill, Springer, et al.

Such is the size of his ego. that he couldn't understand why Wikipedia deleted his (in all likelyhood self-authored) personal bio!

Add to that his hanging on to his father's coat-tails, and a pretty pathetic portrait starts to emerge.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Show me where John has provided compelling evidence. Hell, show me where he has provided any evidence to support his outlandish claims!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
I think John was playing his own movie a lot of the time.

Well said mate, and you basically covered everything I was thinking.

The reason I think people should take Mr. Lear with a grain of salt is that John seems to get a buzz from being the centre of attention (at least that is what thinks he is), and is willing to cast fabrication after fabrication to get the limelight. Case in point: when he stated that ATS was a front for a CIA disinformation program!

I know, thats where he lost pretty much any serious credibility I had hoped for with him. I had hoped at least for some form of reasoning, but nil. And by then he was on his wagon, making absurd claims about all and sundry.

And the thing is, all of the things that lead to that point are still on ATS - people just won't get to see it unless they're willing to look up his old profile.

Seen that event happen before
Should be a sticky, but I understand things don't need to dwell on that stuff, best to move on for the betterment of all I'd think.

No proof, and potentially damaged the standing of Bill, Springer, et al.

Yep, very low act, beyond pale - since he knew full well what he was doing - imo. But things as they are, people won't take the time to read up on it, and he does have a following..

Such is the size of his ego. that he couldn't understand why Wikipedia deleted his (in all likelyhood self-authored) personal bio!

Add to that his hanging on to his father's coat-tails, and a pretty pathetic portrait starts to emerge.

Haha, I think I recall someone saying his wiki deletion was the work of people here also.

Either way, his opinions on so many thing, including the alleged structures on the moon, the soul catchers et al, are not the sort of thing I'd lay my belief in.

Let them allow others to perhaps look into things, sure... can't deny people that, but certainly not as a "knowledgable source"...

Cheers !!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DracoMama

Why do you think the feature in that picture is a "road" or "river" and not simply a rille? Rilles are very common on the Moon.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

Great post OP..nice find.

ArMaP, the obvious dark grey triangle and the other obvious seams where the photo's are joined, is NOT what the OP is drawing attention to.

You know that right?

I don't want to speak for ArMap, but the OP's second photo asserted that NASA was perhaps "hiding something" because of the different photos were stiched together.

I think this is what ArMap was referring to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join