It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 MSNBC poll: 67% believe U.S. government involved in 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
In 2006, MSNBC asked this question:

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 96444 responses

Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day. 67%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11. 27%

I'm not sure. 5.4%

www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do you think the figures would be today?

And if 67% thought 9/11 was an inside job in 2006, why do you think nothing has been done in the three years since that poll was taken?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 96444 responses Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day. 67% No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11. 27%

The answer and the question do not correlate. Saying there are many unanswered questions is not the same as saying there was collusion.

I wonder why the wording is done in such a way?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

The question was simple and straightforward -- "Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11?" 67% said yes for a variety of reasons -- not just because the government left many unanswered questions.

Just like 27% said no, but not all of them believe these theories are absurd and disrespectful.

What's really absurd and disrespectful is the official story.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I understand the question, but they didn't give a simple yes or no choice.

The answer of yes says you believe there are unanswered questions. That does not mean you specifically think the government was involved.

I'd like to see a simple yes or no, without the qualifier.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

You're not giving people enough credit. No one is going to accuse the government of complicity in 9/11 just because of unanswered questions. But I agree the question would have been better without a qualifier. MSNBC does that with all their polls.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Yes it allows a cop out on msnbc's part. A good way to skirt the issue.

I'd say most of us believe there needs to be more answers. Whether through conspiracy, complacency, or just pure ineptitude some how the government must answer.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
And if 67% thought 9/11 was an inside job in 2006, why do you think nothing has been done in the three years since that poll was taken?

Why would something get done? Maybe you havent noticed, but there is nobody representing the people anymore.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Why would something get done? Maybe you havent noticed, but there is nobody representing the people anymore.

Oh, I've noticed all right. With one exception -- Ron Paul.

Anyway, you're right -- dumb question. Kinda like asking why nothing was done after constituents flooded legislators with calls that ran 99% against the Bankster Bailout.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
89 percent of Americans believe Oswald did not act alone.

And I believe that a slow motion coup de etat was commenced that day in November, 1963.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by fmcanarney]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The answer and the question do not correlate. Saying there are many unanswered questions is not the same as saying there was collusion.

I wonder why the wording is done in such a way?

Saying there are many unanswered questions is to say the investigation is incomplete.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You know what I think would be interesting. If we go around in our neighborhoods and ask about 100 or so people if they believe that there are many inconsistencies with the 9/11 investigation and that the Commission Report omitted and left many questions unanswered. I think this way we can figure out the real percentage of people who question the events of that day. What do you all think?

top topics

join