It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings go up after UFO movies come out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
We are indeed ...

Did you consider maybe the reason is because no one ever looks up unless prompted, then they see what has always been there?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Another way of looking at it is that people see these kinds of movies and become inspired to look up, either scanning the skies with purpose or simply day dreaming about what could be out there and in the process of doing so, they come across something unusual by coincidence.

If you have tens of thousands of people who spend a few additional minutes looking up than they otherwise would, even if they only do it a few times before losing interest, those few minutes spread across that many people adds up to a lot of viewing hours.

Just a thought.

Edit: Ah, great minds think alike IntoUFOs

[edit on 11/22/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Wow a whole post about me the poster? Well done.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS SUGGESTABLE. For the final time. EVERY single person on the face of the earth.

P.s. Get a life.

P.p.s. If I am coming off to you as someone of superior intellect and I am not trying to come across in any way other than being myself, then what does it say about your intellect compared to mine? Perhaps what does it say about your feeling of being inferior. I have snoop dog in my signature.

P.p.p.s. I don't care about your spelling or you explaining yourself and your intentions of whether or not you want to appear smart to me.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by bloodline]

[edit on 22-11-2009 by bloodline]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just HAD to add the Unsolved Mysteries music at the beginning huh??...sh!t gives me chills...still.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
UFO reports also go up during solar eclipses, thunderstorms and various other atmospheric phenomenon, you can check it out on MUFON, they've got good statistics on that.

It could be because whatever the UFO phenomenon is, it's somehow connected to these other phenomenon... or it could also be because that's when people actually look up at the sky, with the intention of filming or photograph it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This just in.....

The more UFO movies that come out, the more popcorn and coke is consumed.

Therefore, popcorn and coke do not exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think the explanation is pretty obvious:

Space aliens love films about ufos, the extra sightings are them leaving for their home planet after the film is finished

top topics

<< 1   >>

join