It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no hope for us. There is nothing we can do. It is too late.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I think the hopelessness helps, and as long as you know that the ptb are absolutely as bad as people say, that makes you feel alot better.

But on point, listen to some of your fav music, also remember that most people do not care anyway so whats the point. Remember forced drugging and em polution are far more effective to get what the ptb want than you trying to wake people up. Just live your life, and try not to get to down with this stuff here.

Plus do not listen to alex jones, if you feel down, he will send you down the tube.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
I dont post often. I am a reader, a listener and researcher. Today.....I feel hopeless. I refrain from MSM..... I understand they are puppets and liars. I have empathy for mankind and our struggles against TPTB. My problem is that after all of this research with ATS being my stomping ground all I feel is HOPELESSNESS.

I used to be a Christian but due to the fact that I dont believe the lies they tell, I no longer qualify. I used to hold a steady job and go to college. Now I am a graphic designer from home. My daughters attended public school, now they are home schooled. I went to college for 3 years....gave that up. I use to drive a Mercedes....sold it and dont even have a liscense anymore. I dont have health care and dont care. I feel hopeless.....maybe not in life but at least at this moment.

I am a doer of good deeds. I love children and I love my family and I give more than I take. I have learned to listen more than talk. Although sometimes arrogant or egotistical I am learning to let go of superficialities and keep humility in my heart and on my tounge. I dont lie. I dont steal, have never murdered. Even though TODAY I made a decision that changed someones life and made them feel hope....I...feel hopeless.

I log onto ATS and read postings. The evil is more discussed. When I read postings that seem hopeful.....all of a sudden ATS members start to dig into the OP and destroy their beliefs and their thoughts. ATS members (some at least) spend soooo much time bashing the next members postings and being critical of the next mans thoughts that it is sickning. Aren't we supposed to be fighting AGAINST the very thing that I see being done.

I am tired. I am fed up. I am disgusted by the hate on this site and everywhere else and it had brought me to a boiling point. Everyone thinks they are smarter and better and WE ALL KNOW NOTHING. Spending soooo much time pretending to be smarter while you sit on your asses DOING NOTHING TO HELP. But then again....what can be done! I feel hopeless.

Everything is a conspiracy. I look for the truth in all things because everyone is a liar. Everyone has their motives but are the first to blame TPTB for the evil. Sick. The same people that bash their evil are the same people that adopt their ways and pretend to be better with no solution.

I love my children. And they ask questions about God and heaven and Jesus and I cant lie. I am teaching them to be hopeless as well. They dont want to believe the evil and they would rather believe the bull#. Can I blame them? sometimes it seems easier.....seems that my world would then become illuminated. But I know this is an illusion and I WONT FALL FOR IT. BUT....because of this I am hopeless.

I just want to live and then fly planet to planet. I often stare at the stars and imagine flying amonst them. I am not afraid to die. I am only afraid that the love I have given on earth will not be noticed. If heaven is a lie than so am I. HOPELESS

You are loved. As I've told another poster with an equal amount of hope as compared to your hopelessness.

I feel 100% hope and 100% no hope all at the same time. I'm guessing that's where you're at.

Good job summing up reality.

No pressure on the God thing. But, I will point out that even Jesus said, "Why have you forsaken me?" When He was dying. You know... the reason He said that is because at that very moment, God did not exist to Him.

Here's the true question regarding this amazing wisdom : Is God powerful enough to cause Himself not to exist for a time, and beyond that, reverse it?

Edit because Jesus did NOT say, "What have you forsaken me?" As I originally typed...interesting!

[edit on 11/21/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

Hi there mplsbookworm,
Guess what? you are not alone. So many people feel the same way you do. Does it help? No. So.........because you love your children you need to grab your self by the girdle and get alpha bitch now. Your children follow your moods and opinions. First off, I understand your sadness about religion so why don't you tell your children that God lives inside of each of them and he will talk to them and protect them if they love him. You can't fix the world but your world is your children. You can fix them. Your love is everything to them. Protect them from what you can and ask for help from prime creator. He is within you. Love, from another mother.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
T LifeCitizen...

So,alot of people have wasted their money trying to prove something that money has nothing to do with!

Sorry you haven't had the blessings of knowing the Lord as I do.

Pretty mean of you to discourage people from seeking peace from the Lord through prayer.

I hope the woman reading this realizes where you are coming from,and you offer her NO HOPE whatsoever!

Millions of believers know what you do not.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
T LifeCitizen...

So,alot of people have wasted their money trying to prove something that money has nothing to do with!

Sorry you haven't had the blessings of knowing the Lord as I do.

Pretty mean of you to discourage people from seeking peace from the Lord through prayer.

I hope the woman reading this realizes where you are coming from,and you offer her NO HOPE whatsoever!

Millions of believers know what you do not.

I offered a word of advice and that was to not read here- this place is full of doom and gloom and it can get quite disheartening reading here.

Offering flase hope isn't helping anyone least of all the OP.

Your post to me is the hate the OP is talking about.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

While I don't share your hoplessness, I envy it. You are at an amazing mental point right now for doing something great!

They say that depression and intense questioning leads to genius because your analytical thinking and critical eyes are at their all time best during these phases.

Maybe that's why there's so many awesome people on ATS (not including myself :lol
. Hang in there. When you find something to believe in, I'm sure it'll be something well worth sharing.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

my laughing faces were unintentional btw, not any kind of sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

"HATE" has got to be the most ignorantly overused word of the day!

Since when did having a different perspective amount to hate?

Explain exactly what is the "hateful" comment you take offense to?

Did I hurt your feelings?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by St Udio

yet while we could list reason after reason to view life as a painful, pointless exercise in suffering

i wonder if you could come up with any sensible reasons to feel another way?

painful & pointless are only your perspective....

i endure pain & rejection & being disregarded, unloved etc etc.
because that is the Norm!... having a tenuous loving, caring relationship with a core family or social network is a rarity.
And even those 'cherished' relationships are merely skin-deep and ultimately superficial.... when TSHTF
You probably think i'm exaggerating...
well it just may be You that is in a Fantasy Realm.

Pointless is not a working option... ultimately we are self sustaining pieces -of-ambulitory-meat... either providing a 'meal' for some Victor or eventually becoming recycled in the great goddess Nature's biosphere->

So there is ALWAYS a Point!! to life/living/thriving/flourishing= or even being a living 'vegetable', in a elongated comotose state for one's natural life.

have fun decending into predition

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

"HATE" has got to be the most ignorantly overused word of the day!

Since when did having a different perspective amount to hate?

Explain exactly what is the "hateful" comment you take offense to?

Did I hurt your feelings?

You dont have the power to hurt my feelings

My advice was constructive- reading here can get depressing.

You acting all self righteous ie you pity me, you telling me I'm mean, you telling me you hope the OP can see where I'm coming from, you telling me I'm offering her no hope- are hardly words of love now are they?

The OP feels hopelessness- there is nothing anyone here can say to change that for her- only she has the power to change those feelings- you telling her to stop wallowing in self pity and just what bible to read is only pushing your own agenda and has little to do with wanting to help.

My advice otoh is what I do when I start to get down like the OP is- move away from the computer and find other things to do that don't dwell so much on negativity, reading here can be detrimental- there is not much hope here.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Of course there is hope for us! I wouldn't be here if I didn't truly believe that with every fibre and ounce of my being.

The universe is what we all make of it friend. You simply are being overwhelmed by a herd of people failing to make of it what they all imagine they want and convincing you to try that same way too.

Missery loves company but there is no reason why one needs to be misserable in a world and universe full of infinite wonders and possibilities.

You may look to the herd and its verbal cues and clues and dogmas and doctrines for direction, validation or absolution and in so doing try to please the herd by putting your thoughts and efforts into failing notions and ideas right along with them...or...

You can boldly go where no man has dared to go before...

The Internet the final frontier...

These are the ramblings of Protoplasmic Traveler...

(cue theme song music and cut to credits!)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'm not pushing "my" agenda. The OP had stated she had lodt her faith in the Lord,and I was encouraging her to get back into that. She obviously had faith at one time,and you were basically telling her to abandon that,in my opinion. I was hoping to inspire her to reclaim the joy she had lost,and her beliefs are a part of that!

Getting away from the computer is good common-sense advice. No problem there. But she is here,looking for hope or maybe just some compassion. What I thought would be good for her was not directed at you. You weren't asking for help.

Let her be the judge of what is "hateful".

P.S..,"Mean" is nowhere near as extreme as "hateful"...You could have just stuck to the positive..."Go get some fresh air!" type advice.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

2) why are we here?

To Learn, to experience both sides of life (the good and bad) and to improve our selves.

I'm an older guy who was in the military and saw enough that I could not accept that a God that loved anything could allow mankind to do what it does to itself.

I thought the same way for years (I to am a “older guy.”) But finally realized what happens to our bodies does not matter. We simply use our bodies to learn the lessons we need to learn, then throw them away and start over with another body and another lesson.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm not pushing "my" agenda. The OP had stated she had lodt her faith in the Lord,and I was encouraging her to get back into that. She obviously had faith at one time,and you were basically telling her to abandon that,in my opinion. I was hoping to inspire her to reclaim the joy she had lost,and her beliefs are a part of that!

Getting away from the computer is good common-sense advice. No problem there. But she is here,looking for hope or maybe just some compassion. What I thought would be good for her was not directed at you. You weren't asking for help.

Let her be the judge of what is "hateful".

P.S..,"Mean" is nowhere near as extreme as "hateful"...You could have just stuck to the positive..."Go get some fresh air!" type advice.

Yes, you are.

You even told her what bible she should be reading.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
never give up, never lose hope, never compromise. There is a dark wind blowing across the world and it's the duty and responsibility of all of us who have registered and posted here to fight against that darkness. The greatest conspiracy of all is that which causes us to fight amongst ourselves.Today I concluded a debate with a member and realized that our motives and goals are the same- I am very proud to call that man a friend now and when something like that happens it's a big slap in the face of the evil one. because he lost and we won. we must continue to stand up united against TPTB who want nothing good for humanity, who cause nations to starve, who use and lie to us on a daily basis, who create wars to satisfy their lust for power and wealth, who take our children and do unspeakable things to them. They must be stopped and the job falls on us.
Even if all you have is a word or a thought know that it can be deadlier than a gun. Use it and don't stop using it.
It is never too late. As long as there remains breath in a man there remains hope.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe Christianity is not so much a lie...as simply outdated in the form that we know it.

This stuff was SUPPOSED to last 2000 years, right? Well'p...here we are. Maybe we're due for an upgrade. And maybe the new installment will be vastly different than how it was taught to medieval human minds. Maybe at the time it was the best way for humans to understand the message...and we are still ruuning on that old patriarchial operating system.

We know the REAL essence of what we were taught.
We don't need the symbols anymore.
The symbols get old, they become like lies...because our questions are starting to outgrow the answers in the form that we were given.

We are almost ready for judgement.
What have YOU become, O' eveolutionary human?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

C'mon, man...
Obama beat the one person who gave Sarah Palin a snowball's chance in hell of being president. Nobody even utters his name anymore and it's only been a year. Maybe we'll see Sarah on talk shows until 2032. I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey mplsbookworm, I hear you. I'm an infrequent poster as I fear the flame, agnostic and a mother as well. I have to admit, tonight I'm in the same mood. Not to worry, since it happens infrequently I'll allow my hopelessness, pound my chest and cry "why me" knowing that tomorrow I'll feel better.

I explained it to hubby once. Our son was diagnosed with autism, we had a job loss, failed home business, extended unemployment and a pregnancy in a short period of time. My husband went through a 2 year battle with depression. I couldn't - I'm mom. I'm the one that had to deal with doctors, treatments, unemployment forms and the rest. Once we got through all the rough times, I just get darned depressed some days for little or no reason. I told him that I'm taking my 2 years of depression, I'm just taking it a day here and a day there. At this rate, I should be caught up in 20 years or so.

But I swear, if one more person tells me "God doesn't give you more than you can handle", I'm going to give 'em a wedgie or something!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
way i see it is simple, i'm here - that's funny enough in itself - i'm smart enough to be able to understand whats going on around me and what's going to happen in the end...

I can't change any of it in a significant way.

I might as well enjoy my life and stop worrying.

i'll most enjoy a good world and doing things is the most fun way of passing the time, i might as well do things to make the world better and enjoy myself while i do them.

it's fun, helpful and if any weird judgement of my life ever goes on such as by a god or weird borg like creature then they'll have to agree that i used what was available to me to my best and for the best of the other people around me - can't do better than that can you?

life might be pointless and weird but i happens and we're never going to get away from that, someone has to live -all that glorious time in nirvana, we're dead, we don't even get to enjoy not existing - we can only ever know existing, existing is the only state that can ever be known - that leaves us with only a few small choices

are you going to laugh or cry about it?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

When your Love and Hopelessness cycles at the Speed of Infinity
the Law is Fulfilled in the Divine Consciousness.

Heaven is a Verdant Meadow of Sweet Clover,
Yet Unshorn.

"And would you see my lady's face
It is a flowery garden place
Where knots of beauty have such grace
That all is work and nowhere space

It is a sweet delicious morn
Where day is breeding, never born
It is a meadow yet unshorn
Which thousand flowers do adorn

It is the heavens' bright reflex
Weak eyes to dazzle and to vex
It is the idea of her sex
Whose envy does the world perplex

It is a sweet delicious morn
Where day is breeding, never born
It is a meadow yet unshorn
Which thousand flowers do adorn

It is the outward face of youth
It is the famed Elysium's truth
The spring that wintered hearts renews
And this is that my soul pursues"

THE KNEE OF LISTENING

The Life and Understanding

of

Franklin Jones

Prologue - The Heart of Understanding

Death is utterly acceptable to consciousness and life. There has been endless time of numberless deaths, but neither consciousness nor life has ceased to arise. The felt quality and cycle to death has not modified the fragility of flowers, even the flowers within the human body. Therefore, one's understanding of consciousness and life must be turned to that utter, inclusive quality, that clarity and wisdom, that power and untouchable gracefulness this evidence suggests. We must cease to live in our superficial and divided way, seeking and demanding only consciousness and life in the present form we grasp, avoiding and resisting what appears to be the end of consciousness and life in death.

The Heart is that understanding, that true consciousness, that true life that is under the extreme conditions of life and death. Therefore, it is said, that One that is is neither born nor come to death, not alive as the limitation of form, not rendered in what appears, and it is the living One, than which there is no other, appearing as all of this, but eternally the same.

There is only the constant knowledge and enjoyment of the Heart, moment to moment, through the instant of all conditions of appearance and disappearance. Of this I am perfectly certain. I am That.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join