It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predestination: Chosen Before Creation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.-Rom8.37

if angels can't which are stronger and who is more powerful than the future so I would say we are definately secure, nothing in ALL creation-amazing

before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls-Rom9.11

Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
-1Cor7.14 -called HOLY before birth

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don’t understand everything I know about predestination. It is unclear to me whether we have existed in the spirit realm before this earth was replenished…

Gen 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

… or, are our spirits brand new?

The Bible says He knew me before the foundation of the World but it doesn’t say I knew Him - correct me if I'm wrong. I lean to the side that we are new creations and we are increasing His Kingdom of which there is no end.

This is a deep subject and my imagination runs wild with all the possibilities. We know Jesus has existed eternally and we know Christians are the body of Christ and He is the head. Have we existed eternally also?

These may be some of the things that were revealed to Paul in the third Heaven and he was not allowed to speak of.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Two verses from "The Gospel of Thomas"... Quote;

49. Jesus said,

“Blessed are the Solitary and Elect,
for you will find The Kingdom.
For you are from it,
and to it you will return.”

And....

50. Jesus said,

If they say to you, “Where did you come from?”

say to them, “We came from The Light,