It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced a Time Shift? (Art Bell Tonight)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
By the end of the second hour, I wanted to push Starfire Tor over a cliff.

What an irritating human being. It seemed like most of the 4 hours was made up of her spouting off about how incredible her own ideas are and how everyone else is out to lunch; although she can't prove any or her stuff or that anyone else is actually wrong either. She's like Richard C. Hoagland in a dress

And that video footage she apparently has of a Best Buy appearing in the middle of a parking lot... riiiight. That would be actual evidence, we wouldn't want that, it would spoil the mystique

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is a certain square in our city which is known for time shifts and other weird events (like apparitions of an elderly lady dressed in outdated clothes, who sometimes approaches random people and asks if they need help). My mom used to work near that place and she used to park her car just in that square. One day she went out for a moment, just to bring her glasses which she had left in the car. She told her collegues she would be right back. When she came back to work, she found her collegues freaking out, because according to them she was absent for more than two hours. When she took a look at the clock she realized that they weren't playing a prank on her... All she remembers is walking to the car, getting in, taking the glasses and walking to work again. Missing time...?
Mom says also that she once saw the forementioned lady. The lady approached her, but mom was quite busy and she didn't stop and listen to what the lady wanted to say.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This actually happened to me today. I was sleeping and woke up when my phone rang, look at the time on my clock and cell phone which both read 11:15 i went back to sleep. I woke up later to check the time expecting it to be around 12:30 to 1Pm, but both my clock and phone said 10:15, I was baffeled so I check my phone to see the last call and it said 9am. I was dumbfounded by it cause I know for a fact it was not 9am when my phone rang because its what woke me up.

After sitting and thinking about it, the only thing I could come up with was a time shift/ or timr warp or something like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How does Starfire Tor ever get even a minute on Coast, let alone a few hours? Art even said that while she did not agree with the internet posters during the interview that she was "Crazy as a Loon", but did say that she is just now discovering what most people have known for years.

I just do not understand how this agrivating person can claim a spot on the best AM talk show in the world? What were they thinking?

If I were going to attend a conference that entertained time travel, and found her on the guest agenda, I would not attend for that reason alone.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How does Starfire Tor ever get even a minute on Coast, let alone a few hours? Art even said that while she did not agree with the internet posters during the interview that she was "Crazy as a Loon", but did say that she is just now discovering what most people have known for years.

I just do not understand how this agrivating person can claim a spot on the best AM talk show in the world? What were they thinking?

If I were going to attend a conference that entertained time travel, and found her on the guest agenda, I would not attend for that reason alone.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

No one should EVER watch that movie.. for any reason.. ever.

Why? I am no fan of Stephen King, but I am curious: why?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

I reckon cause he has seen the Langoliers and does not want to relive the tale as it might scare the living poopies out of everyone here on ATS. Because if you saw the end of the Langoliers movies you would be wary of going back in time and seeing those " Anti-time waster eaters" who just sit there in denial of life and always want to relive the past and the good "ole" days and never want to live in the moment and be courageous and go hell for leather and reach for the friggin stars. Yee Har

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I remember the first time I saw Langoliers. It was so creepy that I found it hard to sleep for a few days. You could almost hear those teeth munching time in the distant.

But there is something that I experience all the time and I am never really sure what to make of it. There are times when time seems to speed up or slow down. Sometimes when I look at a clock that has a second hand, the seconds appear to be clicking right along at a fast pace. At other times it does so slower, yet I know I can tell the difference. There are also times when I seem to have zipped right through a day and it's as though I had just gotten up out of bed and then I'm jumping back in again, yet I had a whole day of events, yet I can tell the difference. I've considered this experience and the only thing I can think of is that time must move in pulsating waves that expand and contract like the waves of the sea that push forward and then pull backward. The only other and more frightening thought is that time is rippling from the effects of a nearby black hole and that the only reason why I experience any of it is because I am aware of it.

Has anyone else had this experience of time speeding up and slowing down ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
OK triple post I don't know It said it never posted twice...ummmmm more slips???? GLITCH????

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
See above

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Two things:
One are you supposed to be able to see radar at night? We've got one of those sign/radar things that shows you how fast you're going down our street and this evening, and this is the only time this has happened, and I have passed it and looked at it numerous times at night, but tonight I saw a red beam blinking as it read my speed but it was a large beam not at all what I'd have thought.

Then the other night I think I heard music in what it would sound like if time wasn't linear (Imagine God hearing it), you know like it was all happening at once. Just a cacophony then it stretched and I could hear it as the song is meant to be, but it may have been cause I had the volume so low???

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I totally agree with you on Starfire Tor being irritating... I was cheering when that lady called in and said, "Sorry, I don't want to be mean, but you seem rather condescending and full of yourself." Yay!

Anyhow, I recently had two time shifts (I've been reading a lot about this on ATS and other forums -- e.g., there's a long thread on "dimension slips" on the Fortean Times forum -- and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't heard and read all this stuff.

1. I was meeting my German group (we meet once a month for coffee and cake and chatting; we take turns hosting those meetings), and K., in whose house we were that time, had a new kitten. S., one of the women, was talking like she knew all about the cat, so I said, "How do you know all that?"

She replied, "But you know, I live here with K."

I had a totally surreal moment. I vividly remember when I met S. the first time, at a meeting at M.'s house. M. had just moved in there and wanted a roommate to share the rent. She and S. sat next to each other when I came in, and M. said, "This is S., she is my roommate." M. said she had found S. through a Craigslist ad, and I remember saying, "Wow, what are the odds -- putting an ad in there and finding a German!" M. agreed.

Now all of a sudden S. is K.'s roommate -- and, so she told me, always has been. Everyone else agreed. I didn't argue with them -- they would have just thought I were crazy -- but I'm 100% sure that she was M.'s roommate when I met her.

2. On Turkey Day, my husband was making the dinner, as he always does. We were talking about the preps and he said he wanted to put the stuffing in the turkey, "like I always do."

Now, I know for sure that last year we had a lenghty discussion about that. I was asking him last Thanksgiving if he didn't want to put the stuffing in the turkey, and he said, "No, I NEVER put it in, I always cook it separately."

I thought the stuffing should be in there, but then read on the Internet that it's not advisable because of salmonella, etc. So I said he was right and we shouldn't put it in.

So, THIS year we had the exact opposite conversation -- all of a sudden HE wanted to put the stuffing in and said he had ALWAYS done it that way.

So, either I am going crazy or I'm really experiencing timeline shifts/dimension slips here. It's just completely surreal when it happens, because you can't reconcile "reality" with what you remember. And it seems these things are starting to happen more frequently now. Before, I had one or two incidents like that, but in intervals of several years.

Something definitely seems to be happening... we sure live in interesting times.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
sylvie - that's the sort of thing that happens to my father and I all the time.

You get real good at just going, "Oh. Okay."

My poor father just shrugs, looks at the ceiling and goes walks away muttering, "skipping dimensions again....."

People probably just think he's joking. I know he's not.

I've had numerous conversations about big things one would not generally forget. Only to find out that he's never had them with me as far as he's concerned.

I think of it this way. My line must go back and forth for a long time, that it skips around so much to maintain cohesiveness.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I participated in a thread on another forum where, during the course of the thread (3-4 years time), a few prominent people died several times. For example on page 1 someone said "I swore he died but is alive" then on page 10 he died and more folks chimed in with "again?!?!" then around page 20, a couple years later, the same guy died and we were able to go right back in the thread and read where we discussed the death of the same person a couple years earlier.

If I hadn't been on the thread the whole time, I would this it was faked. But it wasn't. Ed McMahon, Mickey Rooney, Walter Cronkite and Jack Palance are a few of the more resilient celebrities.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
posted something about this phenomenon last year, will repost

I come inside after smoking. I leave the door open, since I'll probably go back out later. That was at 12:40 according to the kitchen's microwave clock. Then I fart around on the pc for a bit, and notice that it is 12:13 on my cellphone. Figuring the time was wrong, I go to the kitchen to check and it said 12:14. I was already near the door that I left unlocked after I smoked, but it was locked. I am 99% certain the clock said 12:40, not 12:04 because I remember thinking how late it was. Anyone ever experienced anything like this.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
im not sure if this could be a time line thing, but iv been taking 2 classes on mondays, Wednesdays and fridays since the beginning of september. yesterday a friend and i were deciding a time for a lunch date on friday, and i told him i had class in the morning. when he asked me what time i had class i literally spent 20 min trying to remember/figure out when i had class! next week is my finals week! how could i just forget the time my class started when i have been attending both classes at the same time 3 times a week for 3 months? i kept thinking my first class was at 11 then i would count the hours till the next class and they just didn't add up. i have no idea what happened, but i think something had changed. maybe timeline? i swear my first class starts at 11, but i guess its "always" started at 12. weird feeling..

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find all of these stories so interesting. I've only got one to contribute:

When I was 12/13 years old, I found myself waiting for quite a while, face pressed against the window in the parking lot door, for my aunt who would come pick me up.

I remember seeing her car pull into the parking lot, and around the building and out of sight. The very next instant, she was rounding the corner to come meet me. I remember being startled because it would have taken her at least 30sec to find a spot, park the car and come back. But she popped around that corner the very next frame after her car disappeared. Freaky.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

what is the y2k?

Y=Year - 2K=2000 Years - Y2k= Year 2000.

I have experienced these time shifts... Some nights I browse ATS 2 hours go by but it feels like 20min.

Just kidding, No I have never experienced anything like this, that I have noticed... I wish to though, maybe now that I am aware of it, I will notice it if it does happen.

Pretty cool topic to discuss. Flag

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I believed theyd called thisd sliding!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I am with you on this one, as much as I love listening to Art Bell I couldn't get through this show..this woman wouldn't know what a direct question was if it hit her in the head.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have awoken into unconscious sitting in the pitch black, having not remembered fallen asleep nor any of the nights events, 7pm till 3am. I don't remember haven being prepared to go to bed or waking up from a sleeping state. so them 7 hours are still a mystery to me, @ the time i was extremely confused, I thought I must of awoken from a nap upon looking at the clock it freaked me out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join