It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why stealth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i still would prefer pilots at least then countries would think about going to war because they would say oh my god we lost a pilot instead of it was only 1 machine

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have to agree with you there - the trigger finger of those in power will want to shoot as we get closer to bringing humans out of combat.

On the other hand, if you look at Iraq, and the political problems caused by our boys getting killed, wouldn't it be better if we could take them out of the picture (i know that no pilots are dying right now, but I am speaking in a 'what if' sense)

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i think if a government were given the option of having stealth or non stealth aircraft option?? If these radar can detect stealth aircraft just imagine how easy it is to detect non stealth aircrafts

Stealth effectively reduces the operational range of radar sysyems - in theory the planes just fly in between the radar umbrella coverage.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
Stealth effectively reduces the operational range of radar sysyems - in theory the planes just fly in between the radar umbrella coverage.

Exactly - I tried to say that before, but I don't know if anyone listened

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Pulling high Gs is irrelevant. All that counts is to beable to out maneuver the opponent plane. Thats more of a human desicion factor. Relayed links descision will lead to delays , thus a human machine will be able to out maneuver any machine....also jamming could interfere and slow the reactions of any machine system.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It seems that jamming isnt that big of a concern to the USAF, because unmanned air craft are being built. unmanned planed also cost tens of millions less, are smaller, easy to maintain, and do not put the pilot at rrisk - it is the way of the future.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
It seems that jamming isnt that big of a concern to the USAF, because unmanned air craft are being built. unmanned planed also cost tens of millions less, are smaller, easy to maintain, and do not put the pilot at rrisk - it is the way of the future.

Well if the money spent is less thats agood thing...provided the money is spent where its needed [IE the troops].

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
all who can manage a flight in ,for example,a cessna aerobat ask you pilot
to make a looping !

now..you will feel a giant force upon you when you are coming up from the divedown and...whaw you will be almost feeling like a feather if you come up to the top of the climb when the airplane goes horizontal again.

o.k. multiplie these forces by 3 or 4 and than you know what a pilot of a jetfighter have to withstand !

multiple this force by 6 or higher figure and...the military jetpilot gets a black out ! he is knocked out and the airplane is flying without a pilot !

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
multiple this force by 6 or higher figure and...the military jetpilot gets a black out ! he is knocked out and the airplane is flying without a pilot !
[Edited on 25-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

A experienced pilot with a G suit on can routinely go up to 8-9 G's without blacking out. In order to do so you need a good G-Suit and strong abs and legs.

Where did you get the idea that military pilots train for only 3-4 G's? You can get that on a roller coaster.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
so YOU want to take control from the exsperienced trained pilots and put them in the hands of video players ..................rrrrright i feel really safe now

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Soldiers fight wars not machines

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join