It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, nice knowing you!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sadly, the whole of human existence, those who died in war, those who strived for a bright new future...

...all just a waste of time.

LARGE HADRON COLLIDER TURNED ON.

If their theories are wrong, if it goes wrong...

...This planet will have between 2 years and 38 seconds before guaranteed total destruction. (2 years taking us interesting close to 21st December 2012)

So, in case I don't have time to write again, thanks everyone for all the interesting debates, it was nice knowing you all.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
2 years and 38 seconds huh...do you know something i dont?
... thats all

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hate to tell you friend but the Collider was started last year. It was shut down for repairs and has just restarted.
So, now we have to go with the 2 year theory, but its already been a year... so dang... we only have a year left... and plus that screws up 2012.
What's a guy gotta do to get a solid EOTW conspiracy going.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

...This planet will have between 2 years and 38 seconds before guaranteed total destruction. (2 years taking us interesting close to 21st December 2012)

You wont write a post or a reply in the meantime?
Relax...

They said if a train ever went above 30 miles per hour the riders would suffocate because the air at that speed would be sucked out of the passenger compartment.

OR

There was fear that if the first Atomic bomb was successful that it could ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere and burn the earth to a crisp.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Check Twitter feed of breaking news, within 3 minutes of Collider being turned on there was a 5.6 earthquake off the west coast of Africa... coincendence??

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Also, they actually have to smash some particles for the "cataclysmic" event to occur.

They just raced some particles around today.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
if an unstable black hole ever was made we would have alot LESS then 2 years sir you are terribly misinformed.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What's the big deal?
All you need to shut down this machine are bread crumbs and a bird, apparently.
If it ever gets close to armageddon i'll personally go throw a shoe into the gears, thereby putting a stop to any future hb particle's need to come back here and put up "no sandwiches" signs in proximity to designated test areas.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't really get the fear. The chances of that the one experiment that they're interested attempting actually generating a cataclysmic event are remote and have been calculated over and over and checked over and over. These people are not playing dice with our collective future. They know the risks. To me it is just another indication of how woefully under-educated the western world is in general science knowledge when a particle accelerator can become an object of controversy with so much other crap going down all around us. Maybe we should all try to focus on things that really matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

I hear ya. This is a really crappy time to be transmogrified into a rippling mass of strangelet goo. It just doesn't seem fair.

I think the odds are very small of both a self-sustaining singularity and a strangelet flex. I think it's worth it. I won't try to convince you that I'm right, because I hardly have a clue myself

I believe that the LHC collisions could yield something wonderful, something epoch-changing, some frickin' good news for a change; knowledge that makes positive effects here on Earth, something that eventually takes us to the stars.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No Worries!!

Our friends from the future got it covered.

www.time.com...
Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Collider?

Two esteemed physicists have formulated a theory that suggests an alternative explanation: perhaps a time-traveling bird was sent from the future to sabotage the experiment. Bech Nielsen of the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen and Masao Ninomiya of the Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics in Kyoto, Japan, have published several papers over the past year arguing that the CERN experiment may be the latest in a series of physics research projects whose purposes are so unacceptable to the universe that they are doomed to fail, subverted by the future.

In a series of audacious papers, Nielsen and Ninomiya have suggested that setbacks to the LHC occur because of "reverse chronological causation," which is to say, sabotage from the future. The papers suggest that the Higgs boson may be "abhorrent to nature" and the LHC's creation of the Higgs sometime in the future sends ripples backward through time to scupper its own creation. Each time scientists are on the verge of capturing the Higgs, the theory holds, the future intercedes. The theory as to why the universe rejects the creation of Higgs bosons is based on complex mathematics, but, Nielsen tells TIME, "you could explain it [simply] by saying that God, in inverted commas, or nature, hates the Higgs and tries to avoid them."

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I REALLY wish some people would at least take a brief read on basic physics before posting such topics.I am sorry but the LHC is NOT going to end the world due to black holes or anything, it is physics, nothing more, nothing less. But I guess it is funner to speculate so ignorantly on topics, as it sounds better doesn't it?

We have NOTHING to worry about in regard to the LHC, black holes, or anything related to it.....If anyone is scared I suggest some basic particle physics, astrophysics, theoretical physics, cosmological readings....Nothing bad can or will happen. Of course I am sure many do not wanna hear this but it is the truth...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i wish i had believed this is truth, i would have so much more work done..,

but now is opposite, as i found out how to reverse the aging, i work even slower, as wats the point to rush if can reverse 5 years back in few weeks?

please advise

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Check Twitter feed of breaking news, within 3 minutes of Collider being turned on there was a 5.6 earthquake off the west coast of Africa... coincendence??

No, its called tectonic activity

Earthquakes happen every few seconds of the day. Assuming that this earthquake happened because of the LHC is like saying that I created an earthquake by posting on this thread.

Common sense really

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If a black hole big enough to suck in the Earth was made everybody and everything would start to fall into it and it would fall to the center of the earth and destroy us in less than a few seconds. If it have huge then we would be sucked into it at the speed of light.
However, none of this will happen because there is no possible way smashing anything that small would open up a black hole.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
December 21, 2012 would actually be a little more than 3 years away. . .
2nd Line.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

Most likely yes....It is a coincidence. There are earthquakes all over the world all the time.... and 5.6 is not even that big... That is more of a medium sized one.

That said, I doubt anything will happen. If we can ever get this thing to STAY running ( That has been a big problem) why would this thing do something different than the other colliders we have succesfully used across the world?

Did you know that we have used other colliders before? This one is the biggest I believe but to use a smaller one, wouldn't the same thing happen... Just on a smaller scale?

Or do those others not count?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I read an article a few weeks ago that stated the future operation of the machine was causing it to malfunction in the present. It was a very interesting thought. It said something about the higgs boson particle transcending time to effect the past, present, and future. I'm sure the article found it's way to ATS.

Anyway, I don't believe the machine was ever fully operational in the past. It broke down while it was working towards the power needed to perform the experiments. It is the creation of the higgs boson particle that I believe the doom and gloom crowd latch onto.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the idea of the machine destroying the world or creating a black hole is just plain retarded.

all thier doing is bashing particles together. its caveman physics " lets bash these two rocks together and see what happens"

so many simple minds with over active imaginations

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Did you know that we have used other colliders before? This one is the biggest I believe but to use a smaller one, wouldn't the same thing happen... Just on a smaller scale?

I believe the main purpose of this collider is to go after the higgs boson. I also believe that other colliders have tried to create the particle, and failed, despite tons of cash being dump into the projects.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join