It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One We Call LOVE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You must LOVE yourself before & in order to LOVE another.
Many have heard this before - because it is a truth. For some this statement conveys meaning/understanding, while others percieve only words. It is for those persons, need arises to provide explaination of why this is true and how it is experienced.
First, we can not give that which we do not have - nor can we recieve that which we do not have or know.
Second - imagine there is nothing, only you, be silent, be present, breathe, close your eyes, allow yourself to feel LOVE inside, know LOVE is always there.
Third - go into Nature feel the LOVE there - it is connected to your LOVE and your LIFE connected to ALL LIFE.
Fourth - go to places with people & recognize the connection of LOVE with them.
Fifth - go to any place which is busy & now feel your LOVE, strengthen the feeling & know you are ALWAYS LOVE -
It has to be & will be LIVED into experience.

LOVE & Presence are functions of eachother - can be LOVE in distracting situation can be present in unloving situation -
LOVE and Presence are interdependent & and exist independent of the situation but can exist in those situations because we exist in many situations & LOVE and Presence are part of us.

LOVE

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Theres been a recent influx of positivity here on ATS, and I think its awesome.
You never know, a post like this can make someone's day brighter.

Star for you.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

I agree. All we need is love, the problem is most people don't know what love is or how to let it arise from within but I believe that this is soon coming to an end. Our ascension is near, our return to oneness. Everything starts with light and ends with light and in between there is darkness.

:-)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"And now I will show you the most excellent way,..
....If I speak in the tounges of men and of angels,but have not love,I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,and if I have a faith that can move mountains,but have not love,I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love,I gain nothing.

Love is patient,love is kind. It does not envy,it does not boast,it is not proud.

It is not rude,it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered,it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,always trusts,always hopes,always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies,they will cease;where there are tounges,they will be stilled;where there is knowledge,it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part,but when perfection comes,the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child,I talked like a child,I thought like a child,I reasoned like a child. When I became a man,I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection;then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part;then I shall know fully,even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: Faith,Hope,and Love. But the greatest of these is LOVE!"

Couldn't resist sharing one of my favorite passages of all! It's from 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.

Hope you like it also!

With love,...On The Edge

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
With all the doom and gloom that we thrive on day to day, I have to agree that this thread is refreshing. We should start another revolution of love so that we can all make peace with our inner-selves and each other before the SHTF.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"Love is the highest and holiest action because it always contains that which is not love within itself, it always and ever moves to include the unloving."
-Thaddeus Golas

"For hatred can never put an end to hatred; love alone can. This is an unalterable law."
-The Dhammapada

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

...When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. "
- I Corinthians Ch. 13

[edit on 11/20/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"All you need is love."
The Beatles

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
You must LOVE yourself before & in order to LOVE another.
Many have heard this before - because it is a truth. For some this statement conveys meaning/understanding, while others percieve only words. It is for those persons, need arises to provide explaination of why this is true and how it is experienced.
First, we can not give that which we do not have - nor can we recieve that which we do not have or know.
Second - imagine there is nothing, only you, be silent, be present, breathe, close your eyes, allow yourself to feel LOVE inside, know LOVE is always there.
Third - go into Nature feel the LOVE there - it is connected to your LOVE and your LIFE connected to ALL LIFE.
Fourth - go to places with people & recognize the connection of LOVE with them.
Fifth - go to any place which is busy & now feel your LOVE, strengthen the feeling & know you are ALWAYS LOVE -
It has to be & will be LIVED into experience.

LOVE & Presence are functions of eachother - can be LOVE in distracting situation can be present in unloving situation -
LOVE and Presence are interdependent & and exist independent of the situation but can exist in those situations because we exist in many situations & LOVE and Presence are part of us.

LOVE

All you need is love!

Just know, brothers and sisters, that all beings and all creation is loved unconditionally INFINITLEY. All is one.

The key is to feel love for that is what you are LOVE.

Find the love in every moment.

Namaste!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
MAHALO = Thank you ALL with COMPASSION

Many Blessings to those here and the Lives you touch...
and this is what we do.
The spark of our Life, our LOVE,
dances and mingles with each flame we meet
in near infinite and imperceptible combinations.
The inner supercedes the outer in the balance of the universe
- while the outer may seem to supercede the inner,
in the balance of our senses.

THERE IS A UNIVERSE IN EVERY MOMENT,
RISE TO THE QUICKENING WITHIN,
THE FORCE THAT COLORS YOUR SOUL.

FLOW IN COMPASSION

wingmakers

LOVE

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The problem is how to explain love thyself, to someone who has never felt it. Are you talking about ego, do you want people to turn into ego maniacs.

Its ok to start these threads, but you need to explain what you mean by the terms to spelt out.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Correct.
To LOVE thyself, we must know/feel LOVE.
LOVE in this sense is an energy...an absolute unconditional force that unifies living beings.
Absolute means its in all beings; not only in some 'enlightened' beings, while absent in animals or the homeless.
Unconditional means its in all situations; taj mahal worshipers visitors do not contain more LOVE than the hiker in the back yard woods.
These are my concetpual expressions for today...and as perceptions shift, so too do these ideas.
What remains, and what should be remembered, is that LOVE is an energy, a force, in all beings, and not some sentimental emotion shared with family and friends.
If you want to find the LOVE within you, hold this intention true, and the universe will guide.
Check the suggestions #2&3 made in the OP...they helped me very much beginning - the universe tested me to ensure it was not only talk, and in time the LOVE sought outside me was revealed within me...not only me, but in everybody and every living thing the Creator has Created.
Some of antiquitys thinkers have stated one of the best ways to understand one'self' and the Creator, is through Nature-Creation.
Our Heart is like an antenna for LOVE - when we get too caught up in thought-forms and concepts of LOVE, let this be a sign to release the desire to know...to control.
LOVE is you...is me...is we. All that is required is sincerity and an open Heart.

LOVE

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Simply love and love well, honestly and unselfishly. Love others unselfishly and you will love yourself. To love others you must express it within yourself for the purpose of giving it. By doing so you will receive the blessing.

To require that you love yourself first ahead of loving others is a stumbling block and an excuse not to love. It suggests that you do not love. It is a mode of division in opposition to ONE.

The two differ subtly yet substantially as polar opposites.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
there is a secret trick toward making that love-thing a lot easier and more sincere without too much work with concentration

first off:

JUDGE NOT
judge not thyself
judge not thy neighbor

FOR ANY REASON

and the love will flow quite willingly from that point on, if you stick with it
this is a tried and proven method of my own and i don't see how it can fail.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
there is a secret trick toward making that love-thing a lot easier and more sincere without too much work with concentration

first off:

JUDGE NOT
judge not thyself
judge not thy neighbor

FOR ANY REASON

and the love will flow quite willingly from that point on, if you stick with it
this is a tried and proven method of my own and i don't see how it can fail.

Is that really a practical attitude? If by "judge" you really mean "do not evaluate others" and "for any reason" then I cannot see how one could possibly function and make good decisions. If I did not I could get myself into unsavory situations with people from whom I would be better off keeping my distance.

Perhaps you really mean it in the sense of some undeserved and cruel way-- judgemental and prejudiced, along the lines of thinking you're better than someone because you have more money.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

"The One We Call Love"

? that doesn't make sense.

Love requires at least Two.
Thats 2.

Something to do the loving,
and something to be loved.

None is Zen or prime-creator,
One is Awareness,
Two is Love,
Three is Choice or freedom.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by lowki]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowki

"The One We Call Love"

? that doesn't make sense.

Love requires at least Two.
Thats 2.

Something to do the loving,
and something to be loved.

None is Zen or prime-creator,
One is Awareness,
Two is Love,
Three is Choice or freedom.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by lowki]

This is incorrect, for all things all of existence is infinity. That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

In truth all of existence is love, all of love is light and all of light is love. You are love/light or light/love. You are.

To truely love one self you fragment yourself into individual unique characteristics that only you have in the whole infinite universe. Don't you see? We are all fragments of the one being, the One Infinite Creator. Fragments that interact with eachother, this is love, love of the one singular unified self.

Love yourSELF and love other SELVES. Once you understand that you are truely everything as everything is truely you, you understand the love for yourself. That infinite love that goes on forever and ever, indefinitley.

Humans are so persuaded by this illusion that they have chosen to put themselves in, that they cannot even think in a simple manner.

It really is as simple as this statement, all is one. There is no end, there only is. When's the last time you truely put passion into helping another self out, truely with an open hear that radiates like a beacon of light. The physical is but a speckle of what is truely existent.

So I say to you brothers and sisters, where is the love?

Namaste.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Is that really a practical attitude? If by "judge" you really mean "do not evaluate others" and "for any reason" then I cannot see how one could possibly function and make good decisions. If I did not I could get myself into unsavory situations with people from whom I would be better off keeping my distance.

the best thing to do is to try to put one's self in the other's shoes.
we can't always keep our distance from unsavory situations and their human instigators, but what we can to do is to try and understand where they are coming from.
not only does this help build a protective hedge for ourselves, it also helps to get past differences as well as put a stop to a potentially damaging chain of events.

when someone causes us hurt, we don't want to love them.
but if we realize why they are motivated to do such things, we see that underneath all the superficial differences, every human shares the same basic need:
to be accepted for who they are

Perhaps you really mean it in the sense of some undeserved and cruel way-- judgemental and prejudiced, along the lines of thinking you're better than someone because you have more money.

no, i mean in it the sense that Jesus said it, as recorded in the Gospels of the New Testament.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

St. Jerome relates that when age and weakness grew upon the Apostle John at age of 96, so that he was no longer able to preach or make long discourses to the people, he used always to be carried to the assembly of the faithful by his disciples with great difficulty; and every time said to his flock only these words, "My dear children, love one another." When his auditors, wearied with hearing constantly the same thing, asked him why he always repeated the same words, he replied, "Because it is the precept of the Lord, and if you comply with it, you do enough ": an answer, says St. Jerome, worthy the great St. John, the favourite disciple of Christ, and which ought to be engraved in characters of gold, or rather to be written in the heart of every Christian.

ref. www.ewtn.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's a common saying in spirituality.

If you're an extended being from the omnipresent creator this would lead to this logical premise; To love oneself is to love all to love others is to love all. There's no exceptions.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
If you're an extended being from the omnipresent creator this would lead to this logical premise; To love oneself is to love all to love others is to love all. There's no exceptions.

What about those that love themselves too much?

You could argue that this isn't true love for thyself, but it is an affection, a compliance, and acceptance, but more importantly, its an amplification of the ego to love thyself to the extreme. Love has it's fine line, and to love thyself is the most difficult thing to get right, before you can love others. It can be difficult to love thyself and learn not to cross the line into narcissism/egotism/self-obsession, because that will cause, funnily enough, the complete opposite of being able to love others. You will spew hatred.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by serbsta]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join