It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Weapons, Robots, Spy Gear from the Paris Military-Police Expo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Insane Weapons, Robots, Spy Gear from the Paris Military-Police Expo

gizmodo.com

The Milipol exhibition in Paris is where all the pros play with the military-industrial complex's hottest toys. I used special commando skills (and a press badge) to infiltrate the premises and show you the world's freshest, most mind-blowing security tech.

By the way, it's interesting to note that the Piexon website names "liberal politics" as a chief reason for needing more protection these days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
public-prod.milipol.timfair.com
www.armyrecognition.com
www.armyrecognition.com
www.armyrecognition.com

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Want to stay up on the latest tech and toys the Po-po in your town will be using on you and your neighbor's tomorrow? Then the Paris Milipol Convention is where you need to be. The next thing to being there is seeing the news coverage.

Some of this tech is far too scary, coming from the pages of Science Fiction, while others are humorous.

Check out the original article for details on 8 items that were previewed. The Additional News Links have even more in-depth coverage.

It really makes you wonder why we let our LEO have these kinds of toys in the first place! Admittedly they have a dangerous job, but do we need to be outfitting them with this kind of tech to keep them safer?

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The drugwipe gadget is a little scay. It looks like it can be mass produced cheaply.
I dont do drugs unless prescribed, but its just making invasion of privacy easier.

What if I had prescribed drugs(like pain pills/opiates and narcatics) the night before, and I dont have a copy of the prescription, am I going to get in trouble or searched?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If this is what we know about, just imagine all the projects that don't exist. Makes me want to crawl under a rock, but they'd find me there too.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
What if I had prescribed drugs(like pain pills/opiates and narcatics) the night before, and I dont have a copy of the prescription, am I going to get in trouble or searched?

That already happens (sort of) in random tests for drugs done by employers.
If you turn positive and can't produce a valid prescription, you are in trouble.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
The drugwipe gadget is a little scay. It looks like it can be mass produced cheaply.
I dont do drugs unless prescribed, but its just making invasion of privacy easier.

Supposedly it is intended for Border Guards and Airport Security, but you know it will be widely adopted and used universally.

The fact that the results are instantaneous, it is insanely cheap allowing them to be used en masse, and can be done with nothing more than a bead of saliva, sweat or swabbing of clothing is pretty frightening.

You just know that it is going to be abused by LEOs (along with just about everything they introduced at the MilPol Expo). If you think Taser Abuse by LEOs is bad, just wait until they get some of these gadgets!

And don't expect these to remain in the hands of just the Po-Po. They are available for Employers, School Officials, or anyone else to purchase as well!

Moral of the story: Even though you have the Constitutional Right to Privacy and protected from Illegal Search and Seizure, as well as Free Travel, don't expect that to protect you when you go through Airport Security and get swabbed for drugs in your system. A good Constitutional Lawyer will be able to get you off, but you're still going to get arrested, go to jail, and spend the next couple years in Court.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All of the wonderful things we have to look forward to in the future!

join