It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooking one thing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You Dec-21-2012 folks are forgetting one thing...

The earth always has two days on it. It is no one day encompassing the enitire earth. For there are timezones, you know? So which timezone is the main one for Dec-21-2012? What have the people been saying on this? Something or nothing?

Before 12-21-2012 you got to think about within Dec 21-31 2009. Vague but effective future when I do say so for myself. I will not come back for my clothes since it'll be too late with no reason of naked shame on my part. Ha! Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So, New Zealand gets the apocalypse before the USA?
Take that Peter Jackson!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well if the theory came from the aztec's i would think it would make since that it would be based on the time zone they would have been in. Im not to sure about all the hype this is getting, almost seems like the y2k deal and some of the other prophecies that never came to be, only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My God, man.......please let this madness stop

The significance of December 21, 2012 at 11:11:11 is merely the start of the winter solstice for that year.

Over the decades much discussion has focussed on finding the exact correlation between the Mayan Long Count and the Gregorian calendar. Most researchers in the field have now come to agree that the so-called GMT correlation, placing the beginning of the Long Count 4 Ahau 8 Cumku on the Julian day 584 283, August 11, 3114 BC, is correct. This means by consequence that it will end on December 21, 2012 and most, such as Jose Arguelles, John Jenkins and Terence McKenna, who have taken an interest in the calendar of the Maya, have endorsed this date as the end of the current cycle.

My suggestion is that if you are really curious about what may or may not happen in 2012 is to focus on the period itself or window of time rather than focusing on a specific date.

It would be ridiculous to think that something is going to happen right at specific time like that. It is unfortunate, too...because for some reason a lot of people have taken this date too literally.

Peace and Love!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Yeah, but we're gonna get through it a lot better than most. Zetatalk (lol) said so!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by InertiaZero

Yeah, but we're gonna get through it a lot better than most. Zetatalk (lol) said so!

Darn.
Maybe Peter jackson will be somewhere else.....

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I can't remember who it was, but some NASA scientist explained how time does not really exist in any way shape or form. Blah.. Now I need to research it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
You Dec-21-2012 folks are forgetting one thing...

The earth always has two days on it.
It is no one day encompassing the enitire earth. For there are timezones, you know? So which timezone is the main one for Dec-21-2012? What have the people been saying on this? Something or nothing?

The Maya calender priests had all past time and future time begin and end
at their sacred temple at [[Iz(something)]]
Why don't you go look up the Maya time keeping calendar, the name of the place will be stated....for both yours and the threads knowledge.

The 2012 Sun, rising to its noon-time zenith... and simeotaneously crossing the Dark Rift is the 'event' that is/has been corrupted by all the profiteers.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Does the exact moment really matter?? Perhaps the 12/21/2012 date is the date to use as a marker for getting your soul in order AHEAD of time. Perhaps events will happen earlier in say 2011 and we might transition to another density then?? Perhaps 12/21/2012 is when its too late.
Just sayin........

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And plus December 21 is the shortest day of the year. June 21 is the longest day of the year.

Maya civilization lived in the Central America thousands years ago. I am assumed that they predicted Dec 21 2012 would be happening right in the North America and South and Central America first and then, in Asia, Africa or Europe. Don't quote on that.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by whiteblack]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Hmm... That is an Interesting Thought. I would say that that would be a Good Idea for SumOne to Know. Of course, I'm no Judge Myself. That would just be my Humble Opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I wished I could go back in time before anyone found that Maya calender and get rid of it. It would have been best if it had never been found.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In the future, Advanced Man will look at my wristwatch and think I thought that "12" was the end of time.

The Calendar is CYCLICAL.. just like our watches.

No end and no beginning.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I failed to understand the timezone concept.

I mean, let's just say that we're all doomed on 12/21/2012 11:11:11, does it really matter which time zone we're in?

I mean... sure, if I live in SoCal, the East coast folks would experience this 3 hours ahead of me, but that's only the human perception of "time zone". Technically, if the event does occur (i.e. global destruction), it will be occurring in real time. It didn't matter if it's 12/21/2012 in U.S. and 12/22/2012 in Asia, because it's happening at the same universal moment. I'm not sure if what I said made any sense, but I thought of it that way.

One thing I was curious about was the prediction date. I mean, so they got the 12/21/2012 11:11 date/time out of our Gregorian Calendar?

You know... we Chinese folks always like to follow tradition and have our birthdays according to the "Lunar Calendar". The reason being is because if we follow the Lunar Calendar as the exact day of our birth, then our date of birth never "shifts". However, if you follow the Gregorian Calendar to celebrate your birthday, then many times you have celebrated birthdays that was actually not your exact date of birth... I wonder if I'm making any sense out of this lol...

In any case, I guess we'll wait until December 2012 to find out. I am however, planning to get myself a gun for protection. Not really because of 2012, it's actually because I'm afraid of U.S. hitting a double depression next year and thus theft and robbery will go up and I don't want to bring my fists into a gun fight...

Sorry for poor grammar

[edit on 12/18/2009 by truthseeker84]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

yes i agree that one specific day cant be the catalyst, but weeks maybe, however, alot of people said nostradamus predicted the end of the world, they got it wrong, what he meant was civilization as we know it, the human race will survive! we can make survival even greater if we all come together and stand united as one mind. peace on earth is what it is going to take, but as we all know this is near on impossible, why you ask? well put it this way 2000yrs on and peolpe are still bitching about who worships god the best. even with advances in tech and science, they are still bickering about god, we need to stop, take a step back and blooming look at what there is to work with, in comes the tinternet. never has human been able to communicate together on such a mass scale, this is a clue to change our consciousness. this is going to be one hell (excuse pun) of a mission, but nothing is impossible, the human race now needs to act and do something that has never been done before, we have all been talkin about it for millenia, but still nothing has changed. al because of god!!!!! we did have free will 2000 yrs ago, not anymore, NOW is the time to take it back, stuff all governments, all they care about is playing with their new toys, same old same old. believe it or not but we roughly 12 years behind the goverment were tech is concerned, they should relinquish their knowledge for the greater good and not for greed!! afterall america boasts about its christian beliefs, shame their goverment doesnt think the same. we need to act now before ots to late, so what if predictions are wrong, who cares, the mians didnt make this up as some kind of futuristic practical joke, thaks to cathlocism we have all but forgotten how to be human and reach our potential(magic, good and bad) the feckin church has made sure of this, because if we were to reach new hieghts, then the church would no longer be in control. god supposedly gave us free will, so then why did the bloomin church take it off of us????

top topics

join