It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 World Powers Meet to Discuss Measures Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

6 World Powers Meet to Discuss Measures Against Iran

www.foxnews.com

BRUSSELS — Six world powers are meeting in Brussels to discuss possible measures against Tehran for its refusal to halt nuclear enrichment activities.

The EU said senior diplomats from the U.N. Security Council's five permanent members plus Germany are taking part in Friday's meeting.

President Barack Obama said Thursday the six nations dealing with Iran's nuclear program will develop a package of serious new punitive measures in coming weeks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It looks like their starting the war drums like they did with Iraq. First with the sanctions, and then with the attack.

I don't think Iran is just going to lay there and take it like Iraq did, though. I don't buy the garbage about the Iranian people uprising against their government and throwing rose petals at our feet. America is not some great place that you want on your territory.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We've been sanctioning Iran for how long now? And boy has it worked wonders!

This is all just a horse and pony show. The countries meet, come up with yet another sanction that will prove a point but not actually cripple Iran from doing / acquiring anything....

and they'll meet again in another year....to discuss additional sanctions.

Threatening Iran with isolation isn't really much of a threat -- they've been isolated for years now and have still managed to build nuclear facilities, acquire weapons, trade with Russia, etc.

I wish for once they would just come out and say:

We are meeting to find out how much fallout we are going to receive from the international community when we (most likely Israel) bombs Iran.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Powers that Be mean to reaquire Iran and return the Shah's son to the throne there. With the entire Persian Gulf and Afghanistan militarized with U.S. personnel the military industrialists and oil companies will not pass this opportunity to put Iran back in their portfolio of client nations.

There will be war. I would look for Israel to launch an attack right after Christmas like they did last year in Gaza and for Iranian retaliations on Israel to provide the pretext of America entering the war.

In the meantime expect a couple more incidents like Ft. Hood to whip up anti-Muslim sentiment and meetings like the one in Brussels to continue to set the stage for the upcoming attack.

If you don't own a bicycle now would be the time to buy one, expect oil to skyrocket in price when the Persian Gulf Shipping lanes are blocked for a month or two as a result of the war.

Groceries and everything that is produced with oil or shipped with oil will go up too, so stock up now!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
There will be war. I would look for Israel to launch an attack right after Christmas like they did last year in Gaza and for Iranian retaliations on Israel to provide the pretext of America entering the war.

It looks like you're right. The article now mentions that the next meeting will take place around Christmas.. And why else would that be? I mean, what westerner meets during Christmas to discuss politics?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
This is all just a horse and pony show. The countries meet, come up with yet another sanction that will prove a point but not actually cripple Iran from doing / acquiring anything....

and they'll meet again in another year....to discuss additional sanctions.

Threatening Iran with isolation isn't really much of a threat -- they've been isolated for years now and have still managed to build nuclear facilities, acquire weapons, trade with Russia, etc.

All we would have to do is have these countries stop buying Iranian Oil.
(in order of most imports of Iranian Oil)

1. Japan
2. China
3. India
4. South Korea
5. Italy
6. France
7. South Africa
8. Greece
9. Netherlands
10. Spain

Thats the only place you can hurt Iran, in it's pocketbook. Oil is 80% of it's GDP.

China is not going to help shut down Iran's oil exports. The meeting will be useless.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I do not see Obama going to war with Iran by his standings right now.

But if he wants to follow the role of every other pres. Prior to him in the past few decades for sure he will go to war. This of course will also cause him to lose some of his base followers now though. Let them try and justify going to war when war has been wrong for the past 8 years.

I am not really in agreement with Iraq but certainly Afghanistan is something a bit more serious. Iran could possibly need to be dealt with but really where are we going to get the money to pay for this war? Maybe we could borrow the money from Iran

Really Obama is going to be screwed big time no matter what choice he makes here. There are many that I suspect want us to play a big part not only because of our militaries power but because it would also weaken our economy further and spread our military out even more. Others will want to put fire to Obama for going to another war.

Raist

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

If Iran is hit and hit hard almost certainly DU munitions will be used. Tehran is in northern Iran. The particles are capable of reaching the Caspian Sea. It could become a dead sea. This would kinda be like someone hitting or bombing in the Great Lakes area and letting the contamination destroy the eco system there.

Once the DU particles get into the Caspian Sea, assuming a conflict, how could they be removed? What would the Russians do/think?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I still think all this banging on the war drums is just to distract everyone... all words, lots of threats but no action.. it appears to my untrained mind that when swine flu hysteria dies down in the MSM, Iran springs back up(or North Korea) while the banksters and elite line their pockets.

We hot foot from one issue to another... and I feel that is planned to keep the general public frightened and fearful and further away from rebelling, but I have a feeling it is all spin and lies designed to deceive us all.

When the economic breakdown started there where many fears that we would face a summer of rage, and the general public would revolt, yet fortunately swine flu came along to provide a form of mass distraction..

Anyway those are my personal thoughts on this...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, given that Iran is about the launch their largest air defence exercise, then following on from 9/11 and 7/7 conspiracy theories regarding the exercises that surrounded these events then the next 5 days would be a good time for the NWO to plan an attack.

edit: removed double words

[edit on 21/11/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Oh come on...

That makes for a great made for TV Conspiracy drama but strategically speaking it's a dead horse. Why would Israel be so predictable? YES, the US has been establishing a long term strategic presence and will have an influence in the region. NO, Iran will not see the return of the Shaw's family. That's a non-issue.

Israel and Palestine will continue to dance. Russia does not want any significant changes with the Iran issue because if there were a regime or official Iranian policy change then that means Iran would be able to sell their oil and other fuels to Europe and Russia really wants that market for themselves.

China doesn't care where it gets it's fuel. As long as it gets it!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree with Pavil.The only sanction the Iranians would notice would be a boycott on their oil.Doubt that will happen.What WILL happen is an Israeli strike.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Actually, the more I think about this, the more accurate that sounds. Them Israelis have clearly said that they will attack Iran before the end of the year unless some "regime changing" sanctions have been imposed:

Iran attack: Israel ex-min sees end-yr deadline

They've also said that there is a Christmas deadline on Iran:

Israel Deputy Defense Minister Ephraim Sneh said in an October interview with the Sunday Times, “If no crippling sanctions are in place by Christmas, Israel will strike Iran. If Israel is left alone, Israel will act alone.”

source: www.politicallore.com...

Now, toss in the Christmas meeting to discuss sanctions on Iran:

"We are talking about weeks, not months. It's a question of whether we meet before or after Christmas," according to one official (Brunnstrom/Graham, Reuters I, Nov. 20).

source: www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

The officials said they would hold a follow-up meeting around Christmas.

source: www.foxnews.com...

Looking at all of the info out there, which isn't much, I would say that Israel will attack the last weekend of 2009.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Looking at all of the info out there, which isn't much, I would say that Israel will attack the last weekend of 2009.

That would be during a full moon.
The military guys don't like doing that.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

I am not sure why you are asking me this. I am no environmental scientist so I have no idea how they could be removed, not even the faintest guess.

As for Russia there is not telling what they would think/do, I am not in Russia nor Russian so I could not answer that either.

The best I can say is if someone does attack them let’s hope they do not use DU.

All I know is that Obama is being put in between a rock and a hard place with this. No matter what takes place he will be seen in a bad light. I do not envy him for that, I do not want him in office as I think he is going to screw us all (U.S. citizens), but he is going to have to make a difficult choice that will hurt him. It is not that I think he has bad intentions for the U.S., I actually think he has good intentions but that he is going about it all the wrong ways.

As for the questions you ask me I cannot answer them. Perhaps you can find another that is better suited to and get some answers.

Raist

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"In early January of 2010, after 5 years of war rhetoric and provocations surrounding Iran's nuclear program, the country of Israel finally made good on it's threats of a massive military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities and military infrastructure.
They had stood idly by and had patiently given diplomacy a chance to fail, and watched on as world powers failed to impose any seriously crippling sanctions against the Islamic regime.

The immediate consequences of this operation were catastrophic and felt immediately world wide, causing oil prices to sky rocket out of control and plunging the stock markets and world economy into chaos as the middle-east became engulfed in the flames of full-scale war.

Israel was hit HARD, facing long range missile attacks within the heart of Tel Aviv and rocket attacks rained down on villages from Hezbollah strong holds, and it was only a matter of days before someone in the highest echelons of power, opened Pandora's Box and issued a full-scale nuclear attack on Iran."

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Echelon117]

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not only that, Iran has now closed the Straights of Hormuz cutting off and trapping the entire US fleet in the Gulf.

The supply lines to the 160,000 American ground forces in Iraq have been severed, meaning no food, no water, no fuel, no ammo, and no retreat.

American ground forces in Iraq are now cut off and completely surrounded, and are under heavy attack by both the Iraqi population (called by Americans insurgents), and Iranian heavy armoured units and air force..

The carrier fleet in the gulf has been destroyed by sunburn missiles fired from the Iranian coastline, thus wiping out American air superiority in the region..

This will be the greatest military defeat in US history, and spells the complete end of US intentions to take over the oil producing countries in the middle east by military force, and the end of America as a world power..

new topics

top topics

join