It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am absolutely sick and tired of what has been happening on ATS lately. Certain groups of people have been allowed to say and do whatever they please when it comes to criticizing others.

Any time I post my thoughts on something regarding Israel or Iraq I have to endure self righteous people telling me about how I'm obviously a racist, or I'm obviously brought up wrong, or I'm obviously someone who encourages violence.

It's enough already. If you're not a liberal on this site you have to endure crap like this?

If you support Israel at all you have to get attacked by a bunch of people who contribute NOTHING but venom to this site?

If you believe ridding the world of Saddam Hussein was a good thing you have to get called a person who advocates child-killing?

If you criticize anything left wing you have to be known as a corrupt bastard or a person who is brainwashed?

If GOD FORBID you are jewish or have friends who are jews you have to be blamed for the death of jesus, blamed for the USS LIBERTY, blamed for every arab who's ever died? You have to be told by some fools who know nothing that your heritage is a lie because you aren't what they consider "real jews"? By who? By people on this site.

Has no one else noticed this? I had to get personally insulted in a thread for daring to ask someone to keep an ATSNN (last time i checked the first N was for NEWS) thread talking about current events instead of yet another rehash of the Liberty? I try to keep a thread on topic and i get assaulted? I'm not site staff. It was a request that should've been made by a moderator but wasn't. So I did it and got attacked personally by another member. Great encouragement to try and keep things on topic. He attacked me simply because I am interested in fair coverage of both sides of the middle east conflict rather than not spending my whole life intent on making israel look bad.

I don't need anyone's approval for what I say, and I'm not asking anything. This is a simple outburst to say I think this # has gone far enough and I hope someone on staff has noticed.

As you are all so fond of saying "DO A SEARCH" see all the times that people who would be considered left wing unleash nauseating virulent personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with them.

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
When it comes to Israel i stay well away, Israel should be face war crimes etc. Their even acting like Nazi's, I strong disagree with them and on some other forums where i voiced my view, i've been called a Nazi, anti-semitic.

But i do agree, you do get flamed sometimes when you voice your opinons here by certain people.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hey genius..its called opinion...if you cant handle opinion grow a sac and get some nutz

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
U2U me or another editor about ATSNN, u2u a mod or use the complain button for forum issues.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I propose the afflicted form a support group, I think GOATS is a good acronym:

Groups

Oppressed

on

Above

Secret

Meetings could be held, beer and pizza consumed and the downfall of those that oppress plotted.

p.s. You try being a Satan worshipping , NWO lackey, Sexist, Racist, Literate Mason sometime... now there's a cross to bear.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
LOL speak your mind and screw em if they don't like it. TImes of war bring out the worst in people everywhere. Its nothing new. Stand up for yourself...
You just did!

*CLAPPING*

But yeah,
your gonna get flamed for saying stuff that goes against the crowd,
we all do.

And I have only been on this site for a week!
Already know what to expect,
and

I LIKE IT!!

People can flame me all they want!

They can say I am wrong!

They can call me a errr...well,
actually, I havnt been attacked much, so...

must be what you are saying.
Ya got me, but...YAY!!
Cheer just for standing up and speaking your mind!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Lets start up a group called FLAME. The main goals of FLAME is to flame people who flame us for voicing our views

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Though I disagree with Djarums on... well, dammit, just about everything... I agree that ATSNN threads in particular tend to degenerate into the same tit-for-tat left-vs-right bickering. Perhaps mods should be a little stricter on ATSNN - which should, at least, make a pretence of impartiality - and move offending posts or threads into the Political Mud Pit for further consideration?

And Mirthful, there's already a self-help organisation for people who display your symptoms ("Satan worshipping , NWO lackey, Sexist, Racist, Literate Mason")...

It's called the Republican Party.

Damn, there I go again!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Already a card carrying member of that august body.

p.s. All the aforementioned groups are responsible for my posts (the Devil made me do it).

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
For the record,
everyone is wrong,
I am the only one who is right and
if you ever agree with me,
you're just plain crazy!

There,
now anyone who ever flames me
I will refer to this post!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Djarums~~
I feel your pain. Having been flamed at least once for asking a thread to get on topic, I hear ya.
You expect a certain amount of flaming in the Mud Pit, but when it's on normal threads, it makes one wonder about the folks doing the flaming.

What's a civil poster to do, though? Actually, I'm waiting for this threada to get flamed

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Haven't heard from you in while DTOM, wanna join GOATS? I think you could sympathize with the plight of the oppressed.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
hey genius..its called opinion...if you cant handle opinion grow a sac and get some nutz

You leave for a while and try to suddenly comment on recent activity here? Djarums isnt some disgruntled newb, hes been here a while so I would assume hes grown a sac and some nutz as you so ignorantly put it.

Theres a line between voicing opinion and ruining threads in ATSNN with your bile. Now why dont you grow some nutz with a z as you put it and stop trolling this discussion.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
For the record,
everyone is wrong,
I am the only one who is right and
if you ever agree with me,
you're just plain crazy!

There,
now anyone who ever flames me
I will refer to this post!

I notice that we share the same mood, does that mean I agree with you? If so I prefer "nuts" to crazy.

Seriously, the Pit is for that type of activity. And I've done it too. I guess we will have to let the Mods be our guides. OK I'll flame this thread....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i just want to say, if i flame anyone (not my style usually) but if I do, just let me know what i said that bothered you and i'll apologize.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Djarums,

I tend to share your opinions on many issues. I also know that some people can't discuss an issue with some one who doesn't agree with them without getting personal. It's their way of stopping an the opposing view. But, by and large, that's a minority of people.

Hang in there...and next time, you can u2u me and bitch about it instead of making a board thread
(Because the hateful-heads will remain hateful-heads, this won't change anything.)

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I notice that we share the same mood, does that mean I agree with you? If so I prefer "nuts" to crazy.

Seriously, the Pit is for that type of activity. And I've done it too. I guess we will have to let the Mods be our guides. OK I'll flame this thread....

LOL

I had to have a momentary outburst.
Couldnt resist!
Bad me!!

*flog flog*

My humor sometimes is misunderstood

k, I shut up now and go to other posts...

*wanders off*

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Terms and Conditions of use of the AboveTopSecret.com and BelowTopSecret Message Board(s)

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Simon Gray - Webmaster and Founder of AboveTopSecret.com

i think to stress that your point of view is the only right one and flame someone else for voicing their opinion isnt fair and shows ignorance on their part for not listening to another idea.

Attacking others and keeping ignorance...two things that shouldnt happen on any forum, especially ATS.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Djarums. Do what I do, dude. Let it fly right over your head.

There are always going to be people who disagree with you on any issue. On such an emotive issue as Israel and with the media coverage that we get, do you really expect people's views to be any different?

I console myself with the realisation that the people who condemn Israel through their received media view are the very same people who normally whine on about how the media is just a tool of the government and the big bad NWO on other issues. See the contradiction there?

Don't get mad, dude. Get even.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Leveller]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Haven't heard from you in while DTOM, wanna join GOATS? I think you could sympathize with the plight of the oppressed.

Sure, I'll join. Although, joining groups is something I avoid whenever possible

Never enough time, MM.

Oh, yes, I can sympathize allright. Some days you just feel that you're not being heard, you know. Esp. when you make a great reply and the thread just washes over you and leaves you in its wake.
______
WW, you are a class act...I bet even if you DID flame someone, it would come off classy and not bitchy.

______
Val~~u2us are a wonderful thing. It's good for everyone to have a few folks you feel comfortable with to u2u when things get too crazy. Great idea!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join