It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Oil Rigs In Los Angeles Uncovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There are secret oil reserves here, there, everywhere! Drill baby drill!! they all say..... it doesnt change the fact we're all sticking to one energy source, and the oil corporate thugs continue to make the extra buck off our backs. So long as we are so fixated, so dependent on one major fuel source, we will always be the slaves of the oil cartel. The corporate disinformation thugs will be more than happy to spread more hyped up articles about secret oil reserves on both left and right sites, and with that they will keep the focus on oil and nothing else.

So what if theres more oil reserves? Will this drilling continue on and on? Will we continue to be slaves of black gold? Or will we look to substitutes to create a more competitive fuel industry?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ding dong these rigs have been around forever they are not covert. There has never been any attempt to conceal them. How long have you been in LA? have you been there before? Get your facts before you post stupidity

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As California remains my primary territory where my area of business is conducted, I sell a lot of material to Breitburn, who creates oil rigs in the middle of cities (Los Angeles, Pico Rivera, Torrance, etc) in which these oil rigs are hidden to look just like ordinary buildings. You wouldn't even notice it unless you walked inside. It is quite amazing, but something I thought was common knowledge. Believe it not, they are scattered everywhere.

Link to Breitburn: www.breitburn.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

LaCiendiga Boulevard that runs into Hollywood from the Airport is dotted with oil wells. They are in the Baldwin Hills region which when I lived in L.A. was an afluent Black area.

"There is no excuse for the shabby appearance of this operation -- with exposed piping, electric wires strung here, there and everywhere, and the wholesale trashing of the scenic hills.

All this in the middle of a long-standing residential and commercial community. We want it maintained consistent with best practices for oil fields anywhere in the United States," Supervisor Ridley-Thomas said.

I recall watching a news report on French crews prospecting for oil in the suburbs of Paris .

Did you know that ....

In France, the subsoil, below the depth of two metres (6ft 6in) belongs to the French state, not to the owner of the land. Individual "mineral rights" do not exist. The residents complain that they have everything to lose from oil exploration and nothing to gain

Independent.

Thats rough on the residents , i don`t think that would go down well Stateside.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

Then your ancestors must have bought the mineral rights and never sold them. But most people don't own mineral rights. You can't buy land anymore and own the mineral rights, unless it belongs to another owner and that owner wants to sell it to you. Now a days if you want to buy mineral rights, it is very complicated, and many times impossible.

BTW, congrats on being rich.
Want to be partners?

Fee Simple - Complete Ownership

In most countries of the world all mineral resources belong to the government. This includes all valuable rocks, minerals, oil or gas found on or within the Earth. Organizations or individuals in those countries can not legally extract and sell any mineral commodity without first obtaining an authorization from the government.

geology.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
I will help you with this subject OP. Here is the true threat that I doubt goes noticed by anyone in L.A.. There is a gas byproduct of oil drilling called H2S or Hydrogen Sulfide. This stuff is like Raid for humans. It is extreamly leathal and is always a threat on oil rigs.

No, H2S is not always a threat. I was a mud logger, then a drilling fluids engineer for 7 years and worked on many rigs. Only 1 of those wells presented the possibility of hitting a pocket of H2S. If H2S was always a threat on rigs, then every rig around the world would have to have enough safely gear for every person that might even walk on the rig site.

Drillers, company men, drilling fluids engineers and even the roughnecks always know if there is an H2S threat long before the rig is even set up.
Geologists and petroleum engineers are able to determine if H2S is present by core samples. I worked at Pennzoil in the exploration department for many years before going to work for Bariod and we ran numerous core samples before a decision was even made to drill the well.

H2S is most definitely some nasty and dangerous stuff, but rarely, if ever, does a well hit H2S without knowing well in advance it's coming.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Most of the drilling was done along time ago. These are just pumping rigs now.

I live to the west of L.A. county,(Yes, west look at a map) and there are pumping rigs all over the area I live.

You would be surprised at the number of people that don't even notice them.And they are not hidden.

I suspect that some earthquakes are engineered events in this area.

It shakes up the ground and allows more oil to seep through the cracks and be recovered.

We had one near here a few weeks ago. It was sharp and very shallow. It was located in the middle of a field.

I travel this area almost daily and the quake happened on a weekend.

That Monday I saw 3 drilling rigs beside established wells out in the fields.

I started driving around to where I knew established wells were producing and everyone had a drilling rig there drilling new holes.

I talked to a ranch owner 15 years ago when I was working out in the fields and asked him why the wells were not pumping at the time.

He said,"Were waiting for oil to get up to $70 dollars a barrel".

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
there not hidden the first one looks like a scene off a movie e.g gone in sixty seconds hardly hidden as a uk bloke and u see these empty sites in loads of movies im sure if i sat here for a while on the internet u could find them so they might be doing what u say but there hardly hidden or secret there in our eyes every day of the week didnt die hard 4 feature one as well!! im not sure good spot just dont think there hidden , even terminator 2 fineshes in a place like this

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have read many articles that suggest there is ample oil available. As oil traces back to organic sources I can see how this is true. Petroleum meaning "rock oil" comes naturally mainly are derived from rock formations deep in the Earth and some other compounds such as ancient plankton and algae.

The US is the third highest producer of crude oil in the world.
The US is the #1 importer of oil and we export 0 dollars of our oil. (2007)

We use (or store) more oil than our runners up #2-6 China, Japan, Russia, Germany, and India combined.

The Hubbert peak theory (also known as peak oil) posits that future petroleum production (whether for individual oil wells, entire oil fields, whole countries, or worldwide production) will eventually peak and then decline at a similar rate to the rate of increase before the peak as these reserves are exhausted. The peak of oil discoveries was in 1965, and oil production per year has surpassed oil discoveries every year since 1980.

More than 4000 years ago, according to Herodotus and Diodorus Siculus, asphalt was used in the construction of the walls and towers of Babylon; there were oil pits near Ardericca (near Babylon), and a pitch spring on Zacynthus. Great quantities of it were found on the banks of the river Issus, one of the tributaries of the Euphrates. Ancient Persian tablets indicate the medicinal and lighting uses of petroleum in the upper levels of their society.

IMO we have plenty of oil and it has to appear as if there isn't much in reserves to maintain the price. Just as someone had pointed out about diamonds. Same goes for gold. We have seen a surge in the price but it will go down as more appears on the market that wan't prevously counted. It's just like us printing new money in the US it makes our money worth nothing. Same goes for all commodities. To much on the market makes it not worth as much.

As for California, I would say they are trying to hide it from the visual eye. I live in TX so I can appreiciate that. Do they want it on the 5 o'clock news ..no. Is it a secret I don't think so. I will however be doing some research myself. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The guy who made this video pretty much is showing everyone how ignorant he is. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and I've seen oil rigs everywhere.

It is interesting to see the "hollowed" building because I drive by it often. Los Angeles has conformity and environment regulations. It is not a big conspiracy.

What is really interesting about this video is the history of the city. Compton vs. Beverly Hills. Originally Compton was the more valuable land. Those who are familiar with Los Angeles can understand the irony.

As for mineral right...."they drink our milkshake." Plain and simple. We allow them to do this because 99% of people really don't care. You can have a legitimate complain if you:

1) Do not use anything powered by oil.

That's it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by 5 oClock[/url]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you read the comments to the article, it seems clear that these oil rigs were never a secret to LA residents. They grew up around them and knew they were there. I think they were disguised just to protect property values of the surrounding neighborhoods.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Actually it looks and sounds like big oil is stealing the oil from the owners of the land its drilling under.....

But that couldn't be true could it??

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed?

Certain people keep attacking or obfuscating certain threads.

I wonder if that is deliberate?

It couldn't be could it?

C'mon, the 100's of billions the US government has spent in the last 2 years could not have gone to Cointelpro people to try to derail worthwhile info could it have?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

It is not stealing if you have permission.

Very few people get mineral rights royalties. According to basic real estate laws, if you own property, you own your land all the way to the core of the earth and all the way to the sky.

There are restrictions. Airplanes encroach on private property all the time, however the government allows it. In theory, you should receive a toll from every airplane that flies over your airspace.

As for oil, companies and entrepreneurs of decades past have probably bought mineral rights from the original owners for the next gazillion years.

Property rights often transfer without mineral rights.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The reality is we don't need Middle Eastern Oil there is plenty of it here in the U.S., but the environmentalists that work hand in hand with the oil companies to keep oil and gas prices high block in the courts most of the efforts to drill and refine oil into Gasoline.

Sorry, I can't let this one go!

OK. Would you be kind enough to let us know what oil reserves are big enough in the US to provide the balance of 20,000,000 barrels of oil per day (bbl/day) that we consume?

And please, before you answer, I want proven reserves, not the happy-talk potential reserves that our buddies in the oil companies like to refer to.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Has anyone else noticed?

Certain people keep attacking or obfuscating certain threads.

I wonder if that is deliberate?

It couldn't be could it?

Yes, I agree. You waddling in here does make one wonder. It's good to see that Chevron gives you time to use the net during work hours.

And as long as "certain people" keep perpetuating the very dangerous myth of 'inexhaustible oil', without any factual supporting evidence, there will be other "certain people" showing you and your ilk for the uninformed, corporate lackeys that you knowingly or unknowingly are.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Hiding oil rigs has more to do with the rigs being an eyesore. LA built up a metropolis around unsightly rigs, so today it does not look like Taft, CA, for example, a relatively unpopulated area.

The LaBrea Tarpits are downtown, and the hidden oil rig next to Beverly Hills High (as in "90210") was in the news in 2003 as a case in court about cancer cases among BHHS grads.

To me it's just like the hiding of cell phone towers...hiding them in billboards, church steeples, making them look like fake trees, etc. If there was a big ugly tower or in this case an oil pump, property values would decline due to the eyesore...then there would really be some lawsuits lol

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

And people in LA are completely unaware of oil drilling and the value.
LOL
I really think anybody doing this here ( stealing oil ) would be in Court so fast their heads would spin.
But what do I know, I've only lived here nearly 30 years and manage a major litigation firm in LA. Money matters here guys.

You know it's very dangerous for you to basing your observations on facts and common sense around some members on this site. Common sense and statements of fact are to be disparaged and discarded with extreme prejudice.

As for me however, I welcome such input as yours as a breath of fresh air.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Based on fact? Show one example of one case won by the plaintiff that won a case against an oil company for directional drilling practices. It's not like I live in the oil field belt or anything. Personal snipes at people are not cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join