It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China criticizes new Israeli move on settlements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

China criticizes new Israeli move on settlements

www.ynetnews.com

Beijing says plan to expand southeastern Jerusalem neighborhood poses new obstacles to peace process, urges 'concrete measures to restore Palestine-Israel mutual trust.' PA officials: Americans now realize Israel deriding US, international law
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel angers U.S. by approving new West Bank homes

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is a major remark by one of the growing power of the World, China which usually keeps mum on such instance has now publicly criticised it.

Earlier US and UK took a similar stance against Israel, which is being discussed in this ATS thread: Israel angers U.S. by approving new West Bank homes.

I still feel it's merely an eyewash in view of no concrete steps being taken by World powers inspite of the criticism.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Americans now realize Israel deriding US, international law

It's about time Americans wake up to the dirty facts !

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
People should know Israel is doing wrong when one of the most developed yet repressed countries is stating the above.

Are we going to have to bomb Israel before they listen or what?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Please excuse me for a moment because I can't stand it when posters attack the source and mention nothing else but I feel compelled.

China? Really?

No, I do NOT agree with some of Israel's actions regarding these settlements but China? Not buying it. For one, they have some of the worst human rights violations in the world. They really are the last person to point fingers at someone else's business.

Also, they don't care about the 'wrongness' level of it all. They only care because it endangers their oil interests. The article even admits this:

While Beijing is not traditionally a heavyweight in Middle East diplomacy, China in recent years has become more active, seeing stability in the Middle East as helping to secure the oil and gas imports the Chinese economy relies on.

So I do seriously consider this in general terms but not coming from China of all places and not when it is financially motivated instead of morally motivated.

And yes, before anyone deflects this onto America, I see it the same way when we do it: fight not for what's right and moral but what benefits us economically.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
No, I do NOT agree with some of Israel's actions regarding these settlements but China? Not buying it. For one, they have some of the worst human rights violations in the world.

Well look at it this way -- they didn't invade a couple of Middle Eastern countries in the past decade or so, and they actually lost diplomatic personnel in Belgrade when America was bombing the hell out of this poor city. I wouldn't play the pot and kettle game here.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Before any one says china and human rights, i think all countries have hidden there bad deeds to humans within there borders. Usa does and has done horrendous things to even its own people, so i cannot see how americans can say f off china, for hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No flaming.

I agree with Ashley

I'm not a big Israel Fanboy as many here know.
But...

First off who cares what China has to say and second like they have room to speak. What about Tibet and the Recent issues they had in their own backyard with their Ethnic Muslims.

Hypocrisy seems to rule the day.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
Are we going to have to bomb Israel before they listen or what?

I don't want to bomb ANYBODY else in the Mid East, but if we are going to anyway, please make it Israel. They are the ones asking for it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

In all honesty does it matter what the motivation is? It is difficult enough to get anything done in respect to Israel, and it certainly is not for want of the international community trying. If China can come out and attack Israel on a purely economic level, then Israel cannot use their normal tactic of labeling the whole of China as anti-semitic and turning them into a pariah. A shrewd move by China.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not a big Israel Fanboy as many here know. ...
Hypocrisy seems to rule the day.

Regardless if it's hypocritical or not, if what Israel is doing to its Muslim neighbors is wrong (and I truly believe it is) then we should use whatever international support we can muster to STOP them from continuing abuses and restore peace and balance to the region. And by balance I mean Palestinian homes aren't broken into and occupied by Israeli soldiers on a whim, or their public water cut down to a trickle. Things we take for granted as US citizens.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I agree....
However China is a new comer to the arena. Outside of grandstanding what is their motives? I say China is simply going with the flow of public opinion. Which isn’t a bad thing but they do have motives. It could be just trying to gain a positive light by condemning the Issue with no real care for the Palestinians.

See right through the facade

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Frankly, until the Palestinian Authority (which is totally and utterly reliant on the US and Israel for financial and military support) starts playing the game and shows a willingness to join peace talks (as they have been invited to do on several occasions) Israelis should build homes where-ever the hell they like in their own country, and especially in their own capital city.

Palestinian Authority doesn't like it? Then start negotiating.

As for China - screw them, hypocrites.

Additional research for the inquisitive: Read about Palestinian attacks on Gila during the 2nd intifada.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's hypocritical because what China is worked up about and what Israel is often accused of is pretty similar to what China itself is doing.

Look up 'Uyghur.' Which is basically China's ethnic cleansing of Muslim people (something Israel is accused of doing to Arabs/Palestinians).

Example:
www.energypublisher.com...

Then, as Slayer said, we have the situation with Tibet:

www.friends-of-tibet.org.nz...

Similar to what Israel is often accused of, occupying territory wrongfully. Awfully familiar, no? Or even here where the Chinese are accused of starving out Tibetans, like Israel is accused of doing to Palestine:

en.wikipedia.org...

We also see things like racial superiority between the Chinese over the Tibetans, something Israel is accused of with Gentiles/Arabs.

So, yeah. Pot and kettle. It's just really bold of them to come right out and say they're only getting involved because they don't want the conflict to interfere with their oil. They don't care at all about the Palestinians or the conflict in the Middle East. That's the way I'm seeing it, at least, due to the statements presented in the article.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It's just really bold of them to come right out and say they're only getting involved because they don't want the conflict to interfere with their oil. They don't care at all about the Palestinians or the conflict in the Middle East. That's the way I'm seeing it, at least, due to the statements presented in the article.

You know, it's never been a secret that same motivation is a big part of what the US does in the region. Nothing bold here. Of course there are religious nuts on all sides of the spectrum, but in essence, transport of oil and it's continuity is a major factor of what we do there.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Straw man. The issue here is not how China treats Tibet, so the hypocritical argument is of no relevance here.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You know, it's never been a secret that same motivation is a big part of what the US does in the region.

Yup. And I feel it is wrong. Do you feel it is wrong?

If so, why are you defending China by means of deflection and a 'meh' attitude? Both are wrong if they're doing the same thing.

You'll notice in my first post, I already pointed out America is guilty of the same so you're preaching to the choir.

ETA:

reply to post by quackers

No, not a strawman fallacy. Pointing out hypocrisy from the accuser and/or pointing out their candid admission to the reason behind their intervention, as given in the article, is not a strawman. A strawman fallacy involves setting up a 'fake argument' so to speak and attacking a fake argument. A valid comparison, as above, is not a strawman. Two separate things.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
..all true and well, but you people have not linked the time line with Mr. Obama's visit to China. Coincidence anyone ? , i think not

new topics

top topics

join