It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The local "Freemason look": rotund, jolly, but why so unhealthy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I know the following thread is subjective, superficial and generalized.
At least locally, from my experience, I wonder: why are the main Freemasons so fat and unhealthy looking?
I think it's reached a stage where in some pubs one can spot the "Mason" look.
It is mainly elderly gentlemen that are recognizable, so I understand that one isn't looking at "spring-chickens".
However, they are usually rotund, fishy-lipped and puffy-cheeked.
Is it the catering, or maybe the booze?
I heard in the US (unlike elsewhere) alcohol is not consumed in the Lodge itself. However I have heard that they are big drinkers.
So, what causes the "mason-look"? I mean it is a jolly look in a "Santa" kinda way. I've heard they have a ritual where they must display a bare male-breast to demonstrate their gender. Well, most of the guys I know about have man-boobs. A woman could well smuggle herself into it, if she really wanted to.
I'm no super-model myself and don't mean to judge, but can't they go vegan on the catering and include some physical exercises in their rituals?
Perhaps the look makes them appear more harmless than they actually are, so it may be part of the disinformation. Ultimately it's not very appealing. I think they probably spend so much time in the lodge that they forget things like gym or fitness. It's also mainly hetero men who probably don't comment on each other's appearance - they're probably too busy ruling the world for that.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Just wondering: perhaps we could have a calendar of nude or shirtless sexy Masons (like the Mormons recently produced)? It could be both lucrative and image-boosting.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The Mormon's "Men on a mission" calendar needs to be seen to be believed. I wonder how religious this is?
In any case I just remebered Bill Bryson's "The Lost Continent: Travels in Small Town America", see p. 284). Bryson is stuck in a small town in the mid-West, and the only restaurant is taken over by a Shriner function. Instead of inviting the hungry Bryson, the Shriners childishly delight in his dilemma, and throw each other with butter-sticks! Bryson also compares their income with what they spend on actual charity - by implication a lot of money seems to go to eating and functions.
Well, here in South Africa most of the politicians and people in power are quite plump to morbidly obese. I recently heard a feminist complain that she was so tired of govenment conferences on women's issues, since she was bored of crumbed prawns. Perhaps in Africa the paunch is a sign of power more so than elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Perhaps the secret meaning og "G" is gluttony

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Some treats in here look both healthy and tasty:
www.enciclopediadegastronomia.es...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by halfoldman]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just amazing. I think the admin of ATS should use this thread as a prime example of not denying ignorance.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
First, stop talkin' to yourself in public. It's unhealthy.

Secondly, most of the Masons I know are usually either younger fellows, and that varies between healthy-ish to skinny, the older fellows usually look just, well, old.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

"First, stop talkin' to yourself in public. It's unhealthy.
Secondly, most of the Masons I know are usually either younger fellows, and that varies between healthy-ish to skinny, the older fellows usually look just, well, old.

Oh, this little thread has come a long way, and I obviously wanted it to be humerous. It was an odd add-on here and there, so I'm not quite having public debates with myself yet!
ATS is the public? Goodness gracious, what planet am I on?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Usually we base on Jupiter, near Io, but occasionally we move over the Pleiades.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

As long as its not near the Draco constellation, I am always delighted to hear from you. Otherwise I would picture you as quite scaly and "draconian". Besides after having read Icke I wouldn't know whether you reside as an interdimensional "demon" from the lower dimensions, or whether you are a flesh-and-blood reptilian. I wouldn't know whether to serve rats or some kind of bloody energy.
In the latter case me and my butler would also have to wear goggles to stop the reptilian wing arches from sticking in our eyes, as we serve refreshments.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by halfoldman]

new topics

top topics

join