It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean life painting, man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I couldn't take a picture of my new painting so I took a video. It will have to do until I can borrow a camera.

The description is in the short video.

acrylic, fluorescents, metallic powder (killing my sinuses right now).

cheers.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That is great caveman!

So talented, love how you use colors in your stuff

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
just to add, the video took me about 6 attempts to watch, even then I didn't get to the end
don't know if it's a problem from my end or what? but just letting you all know incase your having the same problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks man, and thats interesting about the video. Hopefully I'll have a picture soon. My neighbor takes pictures of art and stuff professionally and hes doing that today, but he's a slow bastard.

The actual painting was a deeper blue, richer in colour, its just my video camera, ah well. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Look forward to seeing the picture of it
I know how a cam can take the color down, but still, I was mainly referring to your deviant profile stuff in regards to the color comment

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
PICTURE
img525.imageshack.us...

Large image of it. Not a great picture though. I spent an afternoon with my neighbor taking pictures but I don't think he understood that I wanted them print quality! Lots of missing details, heavily tweaked, its the best i can do for now.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That's better, lovely painting man
pyramid and the head are a great bit of mystery.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Looks awesome dude.
Really cool painting.

Would love to be able to see it properly.
Get your neighbour to take a good picture.

Great job though.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great painting, I love under water painting and the mystery that surrounds them. Our oceans exploration has only just now begun to scratch and touch on its vast mystery.
First I watched the video with no narration just to see where my mind would wonder off to, as I placed myself into the painting I felt as though I was standing on a ledge just inside the mouth of a cavern as I seem to be drawn to the left side of the painting with the caves edges reaching out towards the pyramid. From that stand point I was able to look around and see the face resting on the sand next to the coral area and my mind could jump to multiply conclusion linking it to the pyramid. I did notice the face in the bubble as a captured spirit again quickly linking it to the pyramid. I did not how ever notice until I listened to your narration and linked the eels on the right great job. I would love to see your painting in a poster form I would defiantly purchase it. Keep up the good work I wish you all the best as you explore your talents. May I suggest you speak to a local restaurant to see if they would allow you to hang some of your work in there establishment. Most will give you the opportunity to do so especially if they are for sale and you offer them a commission on the sale. That is of course if selling them is your goal. Either way excellent job.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Thanks man, yes its very interesting of what you pieced together, as I was hoping most of painting would speak for itself.

As for selling it, my neighbor suggested the same thing but as of yet I haven't decided what I'm doing with my art yet. The first thing I want to do is get a version of this one in high quality so I can sell prints.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When you get to the point of print and are ready to sell such prints would you send me a u2u message I would be very interested in getting a copy. till then keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I sent you one.

No print of this one yet of some other ones, and links to my site/ gallery etc, all that crap.

for anyone else:
cavemandd.deviantart.com...
and
www.stevegriffithartworks.com...

peace.

top topics

join