It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow down 11.11 points, 0.11% today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Dow Jones Industrial Average (I: DJI)
10,426.31 -11.11 (-0.11%)
Price 10,426.31
Change -11.11
Change % -0.11%
Low 10,360.10
Previous Close 10,437.42
52 Week High 10,438.17
52 Week Low 6,469.95
High 10,432.66

I found this interesting, given the significance of 11:11 in numerology. I wonder if it is indicative of a portent before the final plunge begins. There is no way the dollar can hold up, and the market is just in temporary manipulative flux.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
thats just weird.

don't know if it means anything, but i have been seeing 11, or 111 everywhere recently. and now this haha? just plain weird

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Pretty interesting - I mean, of all the possible amounts it just had to be 11.11.

Since there were no links included above, I did a quick Google news search - here's what I found, quite a few articles pointing out the amount:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db8c08e91321.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway, it's just a screenshot, I didn't have time to post all the links and quotes, etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for the links. There was some weird character in my link that defeated the code, so I deleted it.

So far this morning, the Dow is down 140+. Coincidence?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Who knows...

the 11.11 might be that hidden 'Trigger' for the 'Programed' sales of equities.

the 12 or so, larger banks & investing firms which have access to the FEDs loan & swap windows...are using a hefty portion of the 'seccret' extra liquidity provided by the FED , in part to leverage their speculation in the stock & commodities markets,
and they have to pull out all the stops in making enough money to survive the Year 2010 avanche of foreclosures... or they too will face bankruptcy
with a BalanceSheet in the Red.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That was the big news this morning, nationwide foreclosure and default rate at 14.4%, a new record. That was from MSNBC an hour ago. Geithner is getting grilled right now by Mr. Brady.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

reply to [ Geithner is getting grilled right now by Mr. Brady.

Yep... Geithner is busy blathering just how much worse the present unemployment, housing et al... would be if he had not been instrumental in 'saving' the economy with TARP and the Trillions secreted into the bankers vaults.

Is Weasel a derogatory term disallowed on ATS...
If So i won't characterize anyone in the news.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by St Udio

That was the big news this morning, nationwide foreclosure and default rate at 14.4%, a new record. That was from MSNBC an hour ago. Geithner is getting grilled right now by Mr. Brady.

Meh, what does Mr. Brady know, he is just an architect?

I posted in another thread:

I was in a meeting during the market close today. While in that gawd awful 2.5 hour meeting, I was doodling on my notepad. I doodled 11:11 in different ways trying to play with how it catches the eye (yes, I am one of them) so I did 11°11, 11·11, 11.11 and so on... just doodles in the margin.

So I come back to my desk to see the DJIA closed -11.11 (-0.11%) but the Nasdaq just missed -11.0 by closing -10.84

What does it mean? I guess it means that number is pretty on the eyes and our pattern recognition abilities. Fun coincidence that I felt the need to share here though!

It sure would be something if in a few weeks we look back and see yesterday as the ultimate high from this rally we have been in, wouldn't it? Could that "coincidence" be a little message to many of us that something else is controlling things here?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
thats just weird.

don't know if it means anything, but i have been seeing 11, or 111 everywhere recently. and now this haha? just plain weird

Same here.....

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Not sure what Mr. Brady knows, but I got the impression he didn't have any answers, either. He was just as intent on insulting Geithner and making the current administration look bad as ol' weasel face was on claiming the white hat and horse he rode in on while laying the problem he "kept from getting much, much worse" at the feet of the previous presidency.

Net progress toward a real solution: nil. They probably patted each other on the back over martinis this evening and toasted in congratulation to themselves for a job well done.

new topics

top topics

join