It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to get you to RIOT?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

I'm sorry. I wish that would work, but things are so far gone now, peace doesn't have a chance. (for now at least) That method requires you to change the minds, hearts and souls of the ones you are fighting against. I'm sorry but I just don't think they are ever going to see the light unless they are scared straight. Even then fear might not even work. Force is the only option we have because we waited so damn long.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Brains yes, however that's also the problem. The peons enforcing violence on peaceful civilians... lets just say its already obvious that they are out of touch with humanity and have lost all sense of compassion.

I could die happy though if those brains were put to work on say... oh I don't know... hacking Time Square to play a message from V. I mean the very human side of me says it would be fantastic to watch *edit* buildings be *edit* like in the film, but what that accomplishes is hard to see in the long run.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

And I would have to disagree. I am not trying to turn my enemies into my friends, I am trying to defeat them in the best way possible.

The creator of Zeitgeist did good job of explaining the simplicity of what needs to be done. The military are the pawns and the sooner they realize this the less loss their will be held. Fortunately members of the military are waking up though most keep it to themselves however being a military member its frightening to think of the consequences of seeking only peace and love. Punishment is great, lenience is not.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Right Answer!!!!
Let others riot, let others call attention to themselves. Some of us will remain in the shadows, spreading the truth, taking out the effective leaders, while we leave the ineffective dithers in place. Guess which leader survives in this scenario?
Riots are a detrimental act to most causes, except for the fact that they call definite attention to a cause. But an effective underground is the perfect adjunct to riots and demonstrations.

LONG LIVE WILLIAM ONE SAC!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Give me a case of cheap American beer and I am up for a good riot. But on the other hand, I would rather drink my own urine than drink that poison.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid_dream_tricks
There's got to be some point for each person where they say enough is enough.

Where is your line that they must not cross?

Touch my family with an oppressive and tyrannical government. That would get me out of the chair and very active.

Screw with the internet, the last bastion of pure free speech, that would cause me to rise to the occasion.

Toss the economy into the toilet for political gain (see first statement above).

Screw with the 2cd amendment or with religious freedom. That's not good.

There is so much more... but that being said I'll bet millions of others will beat me to it first.

Note: When I say riot, I don't mean destructive but "civil disobedience". The thing is not to destroy my neighbors things or community but to resist and disobey tyranny. Period.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
LOL, you don't need anything bad to happen before having a good old fashion riot. Heck, people riot even when things are great, such as after winning a sporting event, etc.

All you need for a riot is a large enough crowd of people (the younger the better) and an instigator (such as myself, ha). And that's pretty much all it takes .. a bunch of people, a rock, and someone looking for some good old fashion fun to break out.

Keep in mind too that rioting can be good for the economy, it can create a lot of construction jobs afterwards, not to mention generating lots of new car sales. Rioting can be a wholesome community oriented activity the entire family can enjoy and participate in. It can also teach the importance of cooperation and teamwork to your local community youth gangs.

Yup, all it takes is enough people and one instigator, or instigating event or situation, and before you know it KABOOM! and you'll be out there enjoying your own neighborhood community block party too.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
When Hurricane Ike hit Houston last year, it was very difficult to get groceries or gas for the first 3 days. I saw enough road raging on day 3 that I decided not to leave my driveway unless I became desperate for something.

Add to the fact that hardly a traffic light was working in the entire metro area (with some exceptions, of course). When I say they weren't working, I don't mean they were flashing. I mean the power to the traffic lights was non-existent.

By day 4, thankfully, the system started coming back online in measurable fashion. Had that gone on for a week or two or longer, as it did in New Orleans and east of it after Katrina and as it did after Rita between Houston and New Orleans, it would have got real dicey in Houston real fast.

Folks, people are talking about how bad things are getting but I think few really comprehend what they are saying.

Unless you have been in a riot or near situation or some type of war zone, you have no idea what you are in for.

Even though we all despise all the crazy laws DC is passing these days, it is a far better headache then anarchy.

As long as I have a roof over my head and food to eat I'm good. I can find another place to stay. I can tent up if need to. It will get old pretty fast but I can deal. But when I run out of food, I will do what must be done so I can eat.

On the flip side, someone might decide to take from me. In that instance, if I get the chance to open fire on them, I most certainly will. Texas Penal Code Chapter 9; I know my rights.

Better then the average person.

What happened in Eastern Europe and Russia after Communism fell is what you can expect to happen here when Capitalism falls in the next 10 years or less.

I know I am just barely on thread and I'm sorry for drifting so far off. At this very moment, I am picking up as many out-of-the-home sales jobs as I can get associated with. I used to be in the financial industry and I do not regret leaving it.

So running out of food will make me "riot" per say. Or bringing the riot to me will make me riot in self defense. But once you hurt somebody, it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, you and your family will be at war with their loved ones.

That swishing sound you hear is the United States swirling down the toilet. And with every nation's economy plugged into the US economy within two degrees, it is goes to be a heck of a ride for the entire planet.

Anyway, that's my rant. If it gets deleted by a mod, I'll understand.

Peace until War.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sadly I think the real answer for everyone is:

"When everyone else does..."

I'd *like* to think the point for me would come when there is actually a program such as forced vaccination, forced microchipping, army on the streets etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Texas letting their hurricanes reach Ohio again.

Actually despite most of us being without power for about a week and having a bunch of trees uprooted for quite a while, we pretty much just laughed it off because it wasn't below freezing and there was not four feet of snow to shovel.

Hard to say what would do it since I don't follow a crowd and a one man rampage is just that...a rampage, but not a riot.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
* Forceful injection of any kind..

* The harming of anyone of my family members.

* Canceling of an election, although I don't think they would ever do that because as of the last few they get to pick who wins....

* The taking of my family's home and or possessions...unlawfully

I have a feeling this thread was posted to gather info as to what they need to do to incite a riot as it seems it would fit "their" agenda......

Still weary as to all those FEMA camps....

They didn't just build them for no reason...........so they still need to be put to use and i'm still trying to figure out when and what the reason will be......

IF something happened and a revolt was in place, would the foreigners who are not yet citizens, or even if they are, would they help us fight and take back the country?

That is key because their numbers are growing ........they are people just like me and you and I like them just as much but was just wondering bout that.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This doesnt necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

However

History has shown that when people lose (almost) everything, they just dont care anymore. IE, the French Revolution.

And just what kind of riot are we talking about? Peaceful protests/marching without a protesting permit or REAL rioting (property damage, looting).

Personally, with the state of the US over the last 9 years, I have come close to not caring about having a "sanctioned" protest.

However, I dont see myself ever rioting, as that would not be beneficial to anyone, except the Federalist.

We must beat these people by being and showing ourselves to be better than them, not by stooping to their level or playing their game.

I do not believe a violent revolution would be beneficial, even if it won. The leader/s of such a violent revolution would show they are no different than the previous owners.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you rabble rouses, but my line in the sand is when they come in my house, pull my fingers from the keyboard, and tell me I cant go to ATS any more. The first thing I pick up is my 357, and the game is on..................

Love. Peace, Joy to all.................

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

There's got to be some point for each person where they say enough is enough.

The Internet has replaced physical protesting. It´s just so much easier to bitch online. The vocal chants of the past have been replaced by the blog and the email. This generation is just too lazy for the most part. Heck, kids don´t even play in the streets anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Of course, there has been some physical protesting this year, the tea parties for example, but I would bet that these type of protest events will decrease in number as time, and technology, advances.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid_dream_tricks

nothing,

because it would achieve just that,

nothing.

-B.M

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

I do not think rioting is the answer to anything. I have a more simple solution. Ask questions, demand answers...and get others doing the same. Be relentless, and non forgiving for those that hide the truth.

What if we think we've already done that? Education is one thing. A community-wide agreement that #s not right and a march to protest it is another.

Can we clear up what we mean by rioting? Are we talking about breaking store windows and stealing TVs? A march in defiance of police opposition? Are we mad at rich people? Politicians? To put it another way, whats the flavor of this riot?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Rioting would just be the disguise for the real action.

I agree we shouldn't release information when we personally would be willing to loose it all.

I do say, however, that I'm sure quite a few people would be willing to riot once the Fema camps are set to OPEN.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid_dream_tricks

the answer is nothing. by rioting you are only playing into their game, they WANT you to riot. They'll take oyu down,all of oyu without a problem probably,because thousands upon thousands of foreign troops will not care about you, also your own countires troops are taught to be killing machines,they will not think about it,jsut act upon it.

There's no need to riot at all for me anywya.i can simply disagree and not do it or if they say i can't do it I'll still do it if I feel I have to or want to etc.

If they stop me,thats their problem,not mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Coming into my house and dragging away a family member or shooting my dog in front of me because they deemed her a threat would be a good start to have me involved in a riot to the finish.

Grabbing my wife or daughter on the street and handcuffing them in front of me. That will cause me to grow horns right there and CS spray just won’t cut it. I learned to breathe and talk in CS gas until it became like second oxygen back in my army days. The last time I breathed CS gas I laughed with my mates at the three feet of stringy mucus coming out of my nose – will not faze me!

They will have to taze me, making me an enemy to the state for life but that said it is only fair to state that I am not too predisposed to respect or friendliness in their regard as it is.

You know, the line that would get me rioting is pretty narrow. I detest government and feel my jaw twist every time I see that balloon known as Brown on my screen. My ears recede in disgust every time I hear political speak and mention the reasons for war in the east and the war on terror and I can guarantee that my blood pressure starts to rise.

I am as easy going as they come so if my blood pressure is rising then it does not take a stretch to assume that Joe public is also losing it and therefore I presume that the PTB are on borrowed time, and they know it because corrupt they may be, stupid and oblivious they are not!

Countless charge of crimes against humanity in The Hague presented to the wheelers and dealers behind the PTB?

I think we are going to need a bigger boat

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join