It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE gone wrong. Devil and holy Mary apparitions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You were given a gift. You now know the spirit realm is real.

You also now know from your experience that satan is real. So is hell.

And so is God.

When you place your faith and you life in Jesus' hands, you are protected from the evil one. Your eternity becomes secure because of Jesus' death on the cross. He died in our place.

About Jesus the bible says: "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name given under heaven by which people can be saved." That's from the bible, the book of Acts chapter 4 verse 12.

What do you have to do to come under the protection of Jesus?

The bible says "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved....For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

How really blessed you are to have your spiritual "eyes" opened as you have! Secure your eternity with Jesus, pray to Him, call upon Him and know that you will be forever, for all eternity, out of the grip of satan and secure and safe with the God who loves you and created you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank you all for your posts. I would just like to say that i am deeply aware of my fears, and although i was afriad during this experience, i am trying to learn from it in a logical and neutral way.

to cindymars, there was a strong feeling that the chest represented what i am persuing, that is, knowledge/ awarness.

I am obviously not 100% free from fear, altough i try every day, maybe this would not have happened if i was. still though, i feel that if you are free from negative experiences, it might be important to realise that there is an evil force at work, beyond just ignorance in people today.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Originally posted by DaMod
What I meant was if this actually was an event of reality and not a psychological effect then the ramifications would be much different and ultimately negative. The advice required would be different as well.

That's all I was trying to say. No, you are welcome.

Thank you.

I knew perfectely well what you meant. Even the best of the doctors sometimes fail in their diagnosis.

However, this case isn't of objective, psychical reality; but psychological. There are no characterized satans nor gods running loose around the psychical world - they are all inside our heads. Just is the case with the OP.

In the sense, what happened to the OP, is real as you suggested - but it is only real in the sense of subjective experience; someone else might've seen Dick Cheney or Darth Vader in the place of devil, and so on. These figures are called archetypes and are burned into our minds by ancient indoctrination of collective consciousness of human kind.

Due to psychological oppression (for example religious indoctrination) we adapt images and symbols consciously and unconsciously - being exposed to indoctrination for long enough, our psyche will adapt them and then they are reflected to our minds by uncosciousness in dreams and visions.

I'd like to give more comprehensive answer, but you might not be interested. Instead, as you keep suggesting, in the case I was wrong, and the event was physical and real, the solution is simpe: I suggest exorcist and lot of crusifixes and holy water as a remedy

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 19-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Sure after they come and get you first.
I will be waiting right next to you so you don't feel alone.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I can be arrogant in my assumptions because I have been having OBEs ince I was a child.

Now at my adult age I understand what is all about after all I am still here and hell and satan never manifested anymore than the religious indoctrination been fed by the Church.

And to make it better when all my fears went away, I challenge the so call "dark figures to show their true self" guess what they all turn out to be nothing but lost souls.

I am glad that I have help many find the light.

You have no idea what people are missing when they let their fears and religious guilt take their path to true enlightening, and not I am not more special than any other human being around me, I am still human and with the same bindings as any other human in this earth.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Bingo, you hit the the spot, we all humans after all with all the human bindings only brought by our own minds, fears and what we learn from childhood at home, in society and occurs church or religious upbringing.

And as every thing what we fear or love the most tends to manifest in our minds when the minds are starting to open but still are bind by our fears.

I have learn that the only thing than can hurt us is our own minds when they are not ready for to be opened yet, it can drive some insane.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

Keep trying and eventually you will see the truth, you said you are not afraid but when you think about "evil things" that means you are still bind by your physical mind, evil things are in the perception of you mind and the world around you.

In the spiritual word is not reason for evil because is not way of hurting what it doesn't have a physical body.

Evil belong in this world among us human beings.

Just remember that, you are right to be scare of evil but only the one around you that you can see and touch only.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

But you cannot prove it's a psychological effect. If it was a real and true event wouldn't it require different advice? I understand that you beleive that the God and the Devil are just figments of people's collective imaginations. My question is, what if you're wrong? What if god and demons are real and this was a real attack? I understand what you said, but I want you to directly answer these questions.

-----------------------------

I don't know, IMHO I think psychology is still in the realm of pseudoscience and I think most people in the field of science in general would agree.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

reply to post by v01i0

My question is, what if you're wrong? What if god and demons are real and this was a real attack? I understand what you said, but I want you to directly answer these questions.

Sorry. I thought I did; see the end of my last reply. About the exorcism.

reply to post by v01i0

I don't know, IMHO I think psychology is still in the realm of pseudoscience and I think most people in the field of science in general would agree.

Indeed psychology is still somewhat new and bit obscure, mainly it's problem being the validitation of the findings.

However, I am not only relying on schoolbooks of psychology, but also on neurology and furthermore and most importantly, on my own experiences.

I apologize, but I feel uncomfortable to make out an serious opinion on your speculations whether those entities that OP experienced were real biblical apparations. I have looked under every rock both outside and inside of my head, and never seen them; therefore I find it hard to speculate with the question.

But I a gladly accept the possiblitity that I might be wrong. No problems with that.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DaMod

Sure after they come and get you first.
I will be waiting right next to you so you don't feel alone.

Hehe, you laugh now..but...

2nd line.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Lol, yes I just noticed the part about exorcism after I posted.

To the part about the demons under the rocks:

Have you ever seen a billion dollars cash? Have you ever seen an albino polar bear? Have you ever seen a 50ft anaconda? Have you ever seen Barack Obama tell the truth?

General Reply:

In mathmatics discounting a variable leads to an incomplete equation. All variables must be considered in order to make an accurate calculation.

You seem like a very intelligent individual hence the line of questioning.

Basically I was trying to get you to wrap your mind around the other possible side of the spectrum, a concept that you don't normally consider. Perhaps this was to consolidate the other variables that where already presented during your previous replies.

In other words God is always a variable that must be considered whether you beleive or not. Since there is no evidence for the existence or the lack there of, God is always a variable in the equation until such a time when we know with certainty for better or for worse.

My interrogatories where simply for the purpose of inspiring a broader train of thought.

Sincerely

---The Mod

Edit for Grammatical Error

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Oh believe me I've considered the possibility! I know that the absence of proof is not the proof for absence. Or rather, the absence of proof is not a reason to dismiss the possibility.

You are correct pointing out the facts that I haven't seen everything - but I'd like to point out that I've seen something, and that something convinces me to some extent to believe that religious (as well as new age - which I consider religious as well) apparations and visions are products of our mind.

Also, I have experiences that are hard to explain; but I've been relentless in efforts to find the answers and explanations - which I might consider as a mistake. I have come to think that why should I know everything, since it is impossible?

But in this matter, there is lot of objective evidence (including my own experiences) that mind indeed is programmable. If you keep seeing Yeshua Barabbas visually, you will see him in dreams also. Being cultural anthropologist by education, I have seen lots of evidence that aborginal tribes of remote places, who have never heard about figures of Christianity, has never experienced them (Christian figures) in their religious visions - otherwise they would be christians, no?

But they do see visions and have similiar kind of religious experiences that we do - distinct that they see images of their own deities. Also there are reports that people experiencing visions of deities of a specific religion, have seen visions of deities of another religion once they have been converted in their faith. This - if anything - speaks for the programmibility of our mind.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I been around for a while, I am way pass the age of vulnerability but I respect anybody that have their believes and stand by them.

Still no everybody can achieve what others can and that doesn't mean close mindeness, is just that some people just can not, no matter how much they try, is part of human nature and what and who we are.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

S&F for your post. Reminds me of something that happened to me one night about 10 years ago. I had went with my daughter uptown, she had some shopping to do, and my back was hurting, so I elected to remain in her car and listen to the radio. I let the seat back, and began to meditate, and suddenly before me I saw two being. Both were sitting on thrones, and both were dressed in robe like clothing, and everything about them was golden. The one on the right spoke in loud voice to me and said, "bow down, and worship me!" Then the other, on my left, said basically the same thing. "Choose!" they both demanded. "You must choose." I refuse! I stated loudly, and I did too. These guys were not to be bowed down to, hell, I bow to no man, supernatural or not. Just then a young girl came out of the mist, her hands behind her, she smiled at me. I knew in my heart this was the Goddess, or at least an apparition of her. "Don't mind them," she said to me, "those are my brothers, they fight over mankind all the time."

The car radio had been playing all this time, but i hadn't heard it at all, so enthralled with this vision I was having. When I could again here the radio, the song that began to play was "I am woman," the Helen Reddy song.

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

FADE
I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman

www.lyricsdepot.com...

I didn't make this up, it happened to me. What the true meaning is is up to the reader, but I think it is time to place the Feminine Power, The Goddess, back on her throne. What has the God that has been on the throne done for us anyway? Ever read his famous book?
I know the Muslims would have a major problem with this, but I sure wouldn't. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

I been around for a while, I am way pass the age of vulnerability but I respect anybody that have their believes and stand by them.

Still no everybody can achieve what others can and that doesn't mean close mindeness, is just that some people just can not, no matter how much they try, is part of human nature and what and who we are.

First and foremost, you are always vulnerable. You never know when everything could come crashing down. You never know when everything we beleive could be changed by one event. There is no such age that grants you immunity to vulnerability.

What you call an achievement I call a disappointment. I would be very disappointed in myself if I ever got to the point that I could no longer consider anything as possible.

Considering that science is going into the realm of previous impossibility and infinite probability, I wouldn't discount any variable. Especially since there is some evidence that the universe may be a conscious mind on its own. There is more evidence that the most complex forms of nature are completely unknown to us. We are a long way from knowing everything there is to know.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Is one thing my friend, yes we all vulnerable at least our human bodies are, we are all to be born and die another day, the thing is . . . I am not afraid of death, that is my power and my strength, I Cherish life and welcome it everyday I wake up breathing but I am not afraid of death.

Why? because like I say we are born to die another day.

vulnerability is just part of our human existence.

Embrace your spirituality and live full and long until the time comes for shedding your human body, it doesn't matter if you are a relgious believer or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for that song, you have no idea how powerful we truly are, actually today after been in this thread I just have this beautiful feeling in me that was telling me that is time to start giving more time to my spirituality I kind of have left it on the side and something is been missing and is the well being and peace that alwasy comes after.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

Is one thing my friend, yes we all vulnerable at least our human bodies are, we are all to be born and die another day, the thing is . . . I am not afraid of death, that is my power and my strength, I Cherish life and welcome it everyday I wake up breathing but I am not afraid of death.

Why? because like I say we are born to die another day.

vulnerability is just part of our human existence.

Embrace your spirituality and live full and long until the time comes for shedding your human body, it doesn't matter if you are a relgious believer or not.

Oh so you beleive we have a spirit or soul?

P.S. I freaking love your signature!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Occur we have souls and we are spiritual beings, we are beings of light, have you ever have an OBE? you turn into pure light, we are nothing but energy without our human shells.

BTW thanks for the comment on the signature, after all I am a sucker for political debates.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

Occur we have souls and we are spiritual beings, we are beings of light, have you ever have an OBE? you turn into pure light, we are nothing but energy without our human shells.

BTW thanks for the comment on the signature, after all I am a sucker for political debates.

You are quite welcome

No I've never projected myself although I have had success in using TK, but that is a different thread for a different day.

So you know you have a spirit. What do you think happens to that spirit when you die?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join