It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slip of the tongue by obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So the so called president of the "free world" has not only publicly aired his thoughts about wether or not they´re guilty, he has allso allready given them a deathsentance. Well that´s just beautyfull.... I could throw up.

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, just viewed the videos again and i guess it could be that the AG is just very confident in getting a conviction. Heres the first vid from the press conference, skip to the very end, to 10:23 for the last few seconds.

It will be interesting to hear what the unreleased info is that he thinks will guaruntee success...

Attorney General Eric Holder Press Conference On Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Going On Trial In NY pt.1

I'm not sure if these have been posted yet, but these two 10 minute videos cover most of the questions that we seem to be asking here....From 4:23 is the main interview....

What Happens If the Terrorist Get Set Free? Jim Lehrer To Attorney General Holder pt.1

What Happens If the Terrorist Get Set Free? Jim Lehrer To Attorney General Holder pt.2

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If there is enough evidence to convict someone, it is safe to say they are going to lose.

Yes it is innocent until proven guilty. But sometimes the proof is in the pudding. Adn the defene lawyers are merely acting to reduce the sentence.

There are just some criminal cases you know the outcome. Would you of expected any outcome of The DC sniper then a death sentence? Even if he skinnied through one trial he had about 3 other states to try him.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

What's your best guess for the length of the trial?
I say 3 years.
November 2012 KSM will be found guilty.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Thank you for putting it more eloquently then I could.

Thomas paine was a very smart man.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thank you for that.

For the comment by Obama.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by nixie_nox

What's your best guess for the length of the trial?
I say 3 years.
November 2012 KSM will be found guilty.

Yeah after like 3 years and 300 million dollars in taxpayer funded lawyers for both sides we will have a conviction. And we wonder why our country is broke.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Obama is covering his arse because this trial will be a farce. They are enemy combatants and there is no need to bring them into Federal court.There is no evidence that can be presented since there was no Miranda. Anything collected would be inadmissible.

KSM could very well walk from this trial and not be convicted. We will see extension after extension for this farce and in the end it will take so long people will not care.

I think he should be hung by the cross erected at ground zero with pieces of the WTC and left there to show those who attack America that we do not mess around. This is NOT the time for political correctness but political progress. When did the US become the punching bag for Islamic terrorists?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Seiko

So what do you think the motive is for creating a new trial of the century?

Is it to distract the American public?

Could it be that it would make it easier to slip through legislation if Americans are fixated on a trial?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by HotSauce]

Ah sounds like

TERROR TERROR TERROR of the decade gone by -

Should feed the blood lust

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
He should be selling Shamwows, he's on T.V. enough.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

I remember back in the day when the president being on TV was a special event and people got excited about it. Now you see Obama on talk shows, etc. He's on TV almost every other day. He's more of a celebrity than a president IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Even under our wartime laws a lot of these people were falsely detained. I agree, it's all a show and they all will get the axe, innocent or not. No real proof will be given or listened to seriously. It's just like when the government said all of the 911 hijackers dies in the plane crash and then we find out half of them were alive and well and had nothing to do with the 911 tragedy. ( well none of them did, they were all patsies cus it was an inside job)

[edit on 18-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Obama is covering his arse because this trial will be a farce. They are enemy combatants and there is no need to bring them into Federal court.There is no evidence that can be presented since there was no Miranda. Anything collected would be inadmissible.

KSM could very well walk from this trial and not be convicted. We will see extension after extension for this farce and in the end it will take so long people will not care.

I think he should be hung by the cross erected at ground zero with pieces of the WTC and left there to show those who attack America that we do not mess around. This is NOT the time for political correctness but political progress. When did the US become the punching bag for Islamic terrorists?

Well sir if so many of you are fearful of Obamas motives and future actions, I should hope you embrace the legal system and its foundation in the constitution. For one day terrorist definitions might expand, the process you seem to advocate might be used
against citizens one day. You are not speaking progress, you are speaking of methods used in dictatorships - It would not be hard to juxtapose a third tier justice system to include political dissidents and whomever proves to be a nuisance.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Step away from the obvious. Reduce what you see to the primal and admire the way they craft your thoughts. Won't be long now and the mob will be straining at the bit.

Psychotically evil but brilliant work. Those poor bastards only got water boarded. We've been tossed through the looking glass.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its all just a big PR stunt. The world I mean. Its all scripted IMO.

I reference a thread I made a while back

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Regardless of these patsies involvement, which may be extensive, we all know that nothing could have happened on 9/11 without our government facilitating the event at important levels.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I find none of this as disturbing as the fact we have people pretending to be Americans who support Terrorists, Terrorism and don't give a damn about their victims.

To try a War Criminal in a normal court is insane. I can only conclude our government is being run by people who are insane.

93% of those polled think the nut at Ft. Hood is a Terrorist and yet the media caters to only the bizarre 7% of apologists, so why should this surprise me?

When will sanity return and those of us with normal minds take back control. We are the majority by huge percentages and yet we allowed the radicals to take over. We have ourselves to blame.

We let these extremist nut jobs even take over our schools, so why should we be surprised when our young people can't even think rationally?

I see many painful lessons in our future before this is over. When the Baby Boomers retire the country will be run by brainwashed people who have been taught a false history to prepare them for a future of servitude to the government, instead of the government serving them. I wonder how long before the next great free country emerges after we are conscripted into service as government controlled robots?

What I see on ATS every day scares the hell out of me. So many people without the ability to think critically and rationally who have fallen for the lies taught by the radicals who have taken over.

There is no great NWO plan other than to dumb down our children and us until we roll over, play dead and say, what would you like me to do today Master.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

We must always be vigilant to the process of law. This is a civilian court, all due process and rights should be afforded.

...and if a Terrorist gets off and kills again? Who takes the blame and who comforts the victims? Who makes it up to the current victims? Who takes responsibility?

Our courts are set up to let guilty people go free to make sure the innocent don't suffer. You can't do that with combatants who have declared war and confessed to acts of Terrorism and even bragged about it. That is insane.

This is no OJ who ran off and hid from society. These are people who will kill if let go and they have confessed.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I noticed it too, and I noticed he carried a powerful conviction of certainty in the remark, as well.

I felt from the beginning, when the announcement was made, that this was exactly as you said, a show trial.

In all seriousness, to be able to understand Obama, all you have to do is think like a campaigner, as he has been, and will remain, in campaign mode.

Once you come to accept this fact, his motives and actions become much clearer.

Once he feels he has successfully clinched one group that he targets, he stabs them in the back and moves on. At the moment he doesn't seem at all hesitant to burn his bridges, seemingly with no forethought to the upcoming elections.

That part does leave me feeling a bit baffled. I can only guess he thinks he has so many followers, or he can gain enough new ones, it doesn't matter what he does in the interim.

Right now, his target of approval would appear to be the Bush/Cheney must be tried crowd, and putting the nation at risk and the potential for damage is far outweighed by his own motives.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Everybody knows there has already been a verdict in the trial. Even if you are innocent until proven guilty.

The whole trial is all a show. He will be convicted, the media will cover it rentlentlessly even if we don't watch or change the channel. This is all to prove to the American people and maybe the rest of the world that we got em.' Even if we dont really know who em' really is. This man will go down in our history as the one who carried out 9/11.

Was he really the mstermind behind 9/11 or he brainwashed into thinking he did? Weren't we looking for Osama bin Laden as the mastermind behind 9/11? Only the FBI never charged him with the attacks and we never found him. So we need a scapegoat that is in our custody to blame our reasons for war and 9/11 on.

After he is convicted it will officially bury the hatch of 9/11 in the government's eyes, and mark the beginning of our with withdrawl from Afghanistan just in time for the 2012 elections. Becuase we won the "war on terror..."

What the hell has our country become. It's like the frankenstien government bank corporation of America.

We the Zombies of the U.S. of A. give the federal government our freedoms and a hundred percent control of our lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join