It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Movie and Wisconsin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wisconsin is set to be the source of the great Prion infected Cheese plague of 2012...

You'd never think it... but it wont be Flu or Ebola...

Spoiled cheese is the plan to depopulate... everyone loves Cheese

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazE777
Didn't John Titor say that in the future the White houuse was relocated to Wisconsin?

Omaha, Nebraska not Wisconsin.

By the way, maybe there is going to be some truth with the 2012 film (minus the flashy Hollywood special effects)?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the range in elevation goes as stated, about 550 at the lakefront to inward and north to 1500. I'd traveled it out with a GPS a few years ago to get the exacts.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It might have something to do with Milwaukee Wisconsin being rated the 1# safest city in America for 2009. Just a guess but you never know right. I live outside of Milwaukee and it is a safe place.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know that Wisconsin has some extremely old pieces of the Earth's crust. It is an extremely geologically stable area. It has survived the creation/destruction of the supercontinents and other tectonic activities for atleast the last 1 and a half billion years.

It also is the site of the governments second option for national nuclear waste repository after Yucca Mountain.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Redbad]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
2012 was, IMO, the biggest waste of my time to watch. There wasn't anything in the movie about the Sumerians, the Anunnaki or Nibiru.

These are the 3 things that are directly related to 2012.

Of course the Mayan calender runs out that year but Nibiru is the main focus of 2012.

BTW, the planets don't line up that year as mentioned in the movie.

On a scale of 1-10, I'll rate it a 2 because the special effects were pretty good. The story sucked big time though.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just saw the movie for the first time on DVD. The special effects were good, other then that is was pretty bad. Horribly flawed logic behind the whole thing and the last 20 minutes of the movie was pointless.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redbad
I just saw the movie for the first time on DVD. The special effects were good, other then that is was pretty bad. Horribly flawed logic behind the whole thing and the last 20 minutes of the movie was pointless.

Yeah I nearly frisbeed the Dvd out the window when I saw the crap, "Not-Special effects" And story line was all over the place like a Dogs breakfast.
1/10 for me as the ending credits had a nice font to them. Cusack was to crap.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

The answer is in the trivia section for the movie on IMDB.com. Wisconsin is mentioned so many times because the movie's Executive Producer Michael Wimer (Director Roland Emmerich's friend and business partner) is from Neenah, Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Heh...I live in Wisconsin, so I am hoping we will be a safe haven for the whole 2012 thing.
Maybe there will be some kind of rain of stones and people here won't be affected because most of the Wisconsin population will be at a Packer game at the time and we'll be protected by the foam cheese heads we will be wearing.
Honestly, though, I am in a paranormal research group here, and Wisconsin does seem to be a hotbed of paranormal and UFO activity. Dunno if that makes a difference.
Besides...if the north pole DOES switch to here, it's not like it can be any colder in winter than it already gets.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I just finished watching the movie and the number of Wisconsin references definitely stood out to me.

I think it may have something to do with the Werner Herzog film, Stroszek. Maybe the German filmmakers of 2012 were inspired by Herzog and this is some kind of reference. The film is about several skid row types dreaming of a better life in Wisconsin, so it may reflect the German consciousness of the US where Wisconsin is particularly well-known. Probably from so many Germans immigrating to Wisconsin, which does have a large German population.

Anyways, as a rapper from Wisconsin I may sample that first mention in the film, "I told you, we should have moved back to Wisconsin."

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Being a Wisconsin resident, I find what's going on right now to be very interesting. If you buy into Edgar Cayce prophecy, it's kind of spooky.

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah dere when da s*** hits da fan dis will be da place ta be.

Yeah, the last post was two years ago but I couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Evergreen

Having lived in Wisconsin (and now back in New Zealand)... no one should have to suffer Wisconsin

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oh, were you in Brookfield?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Milwaukee (lived most of my 8 years there on the East side, but also was in Brown Deer and Germantown (so not Milwaukee but close enough). I also worked in Sheyboygan when things went to plant.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I understand.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What do you understand? I saw a lot of the state too. I hung out in Madison (work and leisure), visited Circle Sanctuary, etc The state is just not that interesting to me, but I did grow up in a land scape that had some topography too it

EDIT: Ok I did enjoy Summer Fest, Irish fest and New Glarus beer, but the cheese was bland and the form of football is nothing compared to Rugby Union

edit on 11-11-2014 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
Maybe 2012 was subtly sponsored by the American Dairy Council?

I also had the same thoughts

top topics

<< 1   >>

join