It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poisoning of America's School Lunches.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I've been a bit concerned over my son's school lunches. Mostly because he was recently diagnosed to be lactose intolerant. I went to a great effort to get milk items removed from his lunches. They needed a doctor's note so I provided one (they said FDA guidelines require them to have milk so I needed a doctor's letter to get them to stop).

Unfortunately, I realized a month later they are still giving him dairy products. I couldn't figure out why he kept suffering from constipation and vomiting during the week and it turns out to be the milk he was not supposed to be having.

I've tried packing his lunches but he is 5, school is a new thing to him, and he gets concerned not being like everyone else so he was ditching his lunch box and going through the line every day to get a tray so he could be like the other kids, unbeknown to me. lol I went and had lunch with him today to show him to get a juice box instead of a milk box.

I guess that's a bit different from what you're talking about, though. So they are knowingly offering tainted food? Or it's just something that keeps happening and they're not being proactive to stop it and are concealing facts when it happens? I was a bit confused by that so if you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I'm a 'helicopter parent' and like to keep up with these things.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It 's worse than it looks. Most of the protien is soy. Food is also fried in soy oil. The baked goods almost always have soy lecithin and soy oil. Knowing all this it is little wonder kids are becoming fat and little wonder they are having trouble learning.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Originally posted by AshleyD
So they are knowingly offering tainted food? Or it's just something that keeps happening and they're not being proactive to stop it and are concealing facts when it happens? I was a bit confused by that so if you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I'm a 'helicopter parent' and like to keep up with these things.

Essentially, yes. There appears to be no hard policy of notifying schools of compromised foods.

I think that is outrageous.

Regarding your son's experience, yeah, I know what it's like to have a 5 yr old.

That must be very frustrating to have the school work against you.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Geez. OK, thanks. I'll need to be a bit firmer, then, in getting him to eat his packed lunches. I keep his account funded just in case because I want him to eat something but not if this kind of thing is going on.

The lunches are garbage anyways, which is why I kept trying to get him to take something in the first place so he won't be missing much even if his school is not affected by the contamination.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Not in my child's school (k-5). They have super healthy meals (though she never wants to buy her lunch). Only water or milk. They dont even offer juice. They have a salad and fruit bar. No soda/snack machines, and they are only allowed to bring healthy snacks.

Scary story in the OP. Very alarming.

[edit on December 2nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join