It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Burn In Hell Forever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

The idea of Hell being a place of fiery torment goes way back to the pagan beliefs of the ancient Babylonians, Egyptians & Assyrians...and countless other ancient cultures.

Hell is also in the Bible as being a fiery place. Luke 16:23 Deu 32:22 Mat 5:22 18:19 Jam 3:6

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says, "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels." Jesus plainly shows that the everlasting fire was prepared for Satan and his angels. However, He goes on to say that human beings who are ultimately judged unfit for eternal life are also to be cast into this very Lake of Fire. "And these will go away into everlasting punishment" (verse 46). He means that their punishment is eternal, that is, irrevocable.

When these people are cast into the Lake of Fire, then, it is by God's definition "the second death," from which there is no resurrection. "Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:14-15). Notice also Revelation 21:8, "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Thus, human beings like the Beast and False Prophet will totally burn up and die in the Lake of Fire, while Satan and his demons will suffer eternal torment as described in the last part of Revelation 20:10: "And they [Satan and his demons] will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

[edit on 18-11-2009 by jhill76]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You don't burn in hell forever and here's why: Hell does not exist.

Hell was originally discussed prior to Christianity as a place where the soul dwells for all eternity that is dingy and gray filled with boredom.

Then, TPTB saw they could control those of less power (the poor and undeducated), hell suddenly became "HELL!". A firey pit filled with demons and devils and satan *oops, excuse me* "SATAN!" where your soul was sent to be eternally torn and shred to pieces by it's inhabitants because GOD deemed you unforgivable of your transgressions as a human.

God, is a perfect, loving supreme entity. How could such a God create something that imperfect and unloving? It can not. Therefore, hell does not exist. It is a fabrication of ego to further remove our spirits from God. The bigger the ego, the farther the spirit is from God. Men of perceived power have manipulated this ego manifestation to control men of perceived powerlessness through fear. TPTB keep them from 'knowing' the truth and what is real by tossing in debunkers/flamers/detractors etc and making the fear-based actions manifest. Hence, it becomes reality and the powerless are kept under control via fear.

Before someone asks me how it is that people become possessed by demons if they do not exist, I will explain. If enough people believe something is real/true, the thought/belief becomes a part of the collective consciousness. When there is collective consciousness of any idea/thought/belief, the belief of truth is what is created by the collective consciousness.

Question:
When is the last time you heard a story of a Jew/Muslim/Buddhist/ ect. who was possessed by evil that had to be exorcised from him/her? I mean, someone who is not influenced by Christian beliefs in any way? Someone who solely believes their religious beliefs are the ONLY truth and everything else is fabrication? A fictitious story?

Answer:
That will never happen because it is not a part of the belief system of the collective consciouness of those people.

Whatever you believe is what you create for you. Whether in this lifetime or the afterlife. If you believe you have done something worthy of going directly to hell, do no pass Go, do not collect $200; then THAT is what you will initially create for yourself after you die. After a while you will be asked, "Have you had enough?" or "Are you ready now?" or even told "It's time to move on".

When we die, we ALL go through a review of our life. We see all the things we did (good/bad/ugly) and how it affected others. There are consequences to everything we do but do not always see, much like the Butterfly Effect (not the movie). This is why it is so important for each of us to work hard to live a life filled with love for one another. We may not see the affect it has on everyone, but the effect can be felt around the world.

The creation of our current religions and usage (or should I say abusage) of the belief of hell is all manipulation and conspiracy from TPTB.

If someone is an Athiest, then TPTB intend to manipulate and control you through other methods . . . like money.

edit for typo.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I will attempt to respond to this.

The Bible tells us God punishes the wicked. God made Satan. God cast Satan into Hell. Surely as one of Gods creations he loves Satan so much he would not do this right?

Wrong.

God gives us Free will and teaches us Sin separates us from Him. He gives us a set of things to do to redeem ourselves to Him so we can be with Him in eternity. If we fail to do those things we are wicked because of our Sin and will be cast away from Him. He still loves us, but we made the choice to defy Him by not doing the things he told us to do to redeem ourselves.

I do not agree. If Satan does indeed exist, then it is illogical for God to compare our sins with sins of Satan. Satan would be much more knowledgeable on the nature of God and would be much better informed on what God truly wants - after all he is a fallen angel. Human beings have a limited capacity to understand things in this world. It is very unreasonable to compare human beings with an angel, and then to punish them in an equal manner.

So all He did was set up the system and gave the choice to Us if we wanted to be on His side or not. He didn't want to create robots. This is His way of finding out who of his creations would be loyal to Him and deserve his everlasting life in Heaven.

Now, Satan knows all of this and he's really ticked off that God cast him out of heaven and stopped him from taking over. The more he gets people to believe there is not a real Hell the more people won't bother to do what God said to do to be redeemed to Him. Satan wins the souls, God loses them.

What happens if all humans decide not to believe in God or follow his teachings? What was the point in their creations? God must have known that some would and some would not believe. Why did God give so much power to Satan if he knew what the consequences would be? He must have seen this coming or he is not all-powerful and all-knowing.

Therefore one must believe heaven and hell are both real for anything in the Bible to make since to them, because that is the core of the message. You cannot say you believe in the Bible and Not believe in hell. If you do, you are a person who has been deceived by Satan and really have no idea what the Bible is all about.

(That's how it was taught to me anyway- I don't see anything in the Bible that contradicts this)

I don't mean to be rude, but I think you have been grossly misguided in your teachings. A loving, merciful, forgiving and omniscient God would not allow the creation of a place where ONE, let alone most, of His creations would burn and suffer for eternity. This idea of a Hell has been used as a scare tactic to get people to do things that the Church deems necessary.

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If everyone has a soul, and a soul is a form of energy, the only thing that happens to energy is that it changes forms, but cannot be destroyed. Does that seem like something to think about? Rather then think about a place of extreme unpleasantness.

There is heaven on earth or hell on earth, live in the now and make it heaven on earth, cause all us human-beings have is now, so make the best of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
God is devils inner torments as we speak. Hell is deathrow of all sorts of types of "extra pay back" executions for you which are of the devils which are inner torments now. After deathrow of hell comes those torments where you join being the rest of the devils brought aware of eternal torments. You will have been there for ever how the sync works for an eternal experience.

Satan (Jesus) dynamically the higher power, not God ever. But each may learn different what the bible tells of who the higher power actually.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I do not agree. If Satan does indeed exist, then it is illogical for God to compare our sins with sins of Satan . Satan would be much more knowledgeable on the nature of God and would be much better informed on what God truly wants - after all he is a fallen angel. Human beings have a limited capacity to understand things in this world. It is very unreasonable to compare human beings with an angel, and then to punish them in an equal manner.

Satan's powers are only limited to materials and not our own thoughts. He cannot influence the spirit unless you are on his path. If you are good then Satan can only tempt you, and not make you. God may even test the person, and let the devil do to him what was done onto Jobs. It is up to us to keep a watchful eye for this kind of temptation and reject it.

What happens if all humans decide not to believe in God or follow his teachings? What was the point in their creations? God must have known that some would and some would not believe. Why did God give so much power to Satan if he knew what the consequences would be? He must have seen this coming or he is not all-powerful and all-knowing.

That is the beauty about God giving us the power of freewill, he won't interfere with Satan's path nor ours, until judgment day. God indeed knew that some would not be able to handle their Earthly temptations, so he sent Jesus to help us. If you repent and are truly sorry, become born again and accept Jesus as your savior, you will enter in the kingdom of God.

I don't mean to be rude, but I think you have been grossly misguided in your teachings. A loving, merciful, forgiving and omniscient God would not allow the creation of a place where ONE, let alone most, of His creations would burn and suffer for eternity. This idea of a Hell has been used as a scare tactic to get people to do things that the Church deems necessary.

God gave us a set of rules and certain paths to avoid. Trying to justify your sins by saying God is an all loving God, and caring God, still doesn't make your sins go away. People incorporate their own beliefs when they see they can't make the standards of their past beliefs. I do not care if there is a hell or not because, if there was, then the signs were given to me. If there wasn't, then I am glad I am not there. If you live your life as a great person then I do not see why you should be thrown in hell, But it is not my decision.

GB

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Im far from well a bible expert but I suspect that the Idea of hell can be traced to midevilish (hehehe not a very good historian either) Times . Im quite sure that theres a line in revelations somewhere that reads something like `where the fire is not quenched and their worm does not die` now , does that sound like Greek to you? its so outa place its almost silly.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I agree with the OP. There have been many threads lately on the issue of Hell. Nobody has been able to justify how a loving God would allow the creation of a place where one of his children will suffer eternally. There is no decent explanation.

Ask and you shall recieve!

Hell, at this point of time, does not exist, nor has it ever existed to date.

Hell, will become a reality for 1 entity, (so far) because only one has been sentanced.

Hell, will welcome the one, along with whoever else wishes to join him, after, and only after the Millenium Kingdom has been established and only after Michael takes his foot of the head of the beast and set's him loose to gather those stupid enough to follow him.

I noted some reference to Hades. Lets see where this goes!!!

When Adam died, where did his soul go? Obviously he did not go to Heaven, since only through acceptance of Christ can one get to Heaven. He went to a place, some refer to as Hades. Likewise what about David, Abraham and on and on? None of these had any opportunity to go to heaven, since none had been afforded the opportunity to accept Christ.

Now fast forward to 33 AD and the idea is that through Christ's ordeals on the cross, and his apparent death and resurrection, he "DEFEATED DEATH". What does this imply? Well, it afforded Adam, Seth, and on and on, the opportunity to hear the message and become welcomed to heaven.

But today, and for the last 2000 years or so, We have a problem. This Post speaks of some of the problem directly. It is what we are taught. This is the purpose of the Millenium Kingdom. During this time, WE ALL will learn directly from Christ about the true meaning of his message. We have a 1000 years or so to soak it in, and after this occurs, Satan is loosed upon the earth for a short time again.

Back to the Hell matter now.

And this is where the lake of fire consumes the sinners for ever and ever. For all eternity. Buring and wrything in torment, and screaming for all to hear.

That's just FN nut's.

This is where the lake of fire consumes the sinners for ever and ever. For all Eternity. Gone, Removed, Erased, Eliminated, Blotted Out. It occurs and it's over. Done. Finished. Never Remembered again.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well this is just me and how I think about things when god and satan are talked about... to me they are both the same entity, all apart of the creator so-to-speak. Ying and Yang. God and Satan. Just something to ponder I guess; not trying to preach.
Secondly I don't believe our souls die, if we have souls then that is some form of energy and energy doesn't die or disappear but it reshapes and can manifest into other things. So, if you believe in afterlife and rebirth of course, and you sinned and went to hell in a manner; maybe you come back to this world as a mouse being tested on in a lab, or a tree that gets chopped up and used to stoke a fire... then you literally burn for a while. Who knows? Belief is a great thing when used correctly... but not many use it all the time and like many things, it can be corrupted.

Ok, that raps it up for a few thoughts. I just like to speculate and open up the general thoughts and directions sometimes. Hope you don't mind a little "outside of the box" on your thread.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Satan's powers are only limited to materials and not our own thoughts. He cannot influence the spirit unless you are on his path. If you are good then Satan can only tempt you, and not make you. God may even test the person, and let the devil do to him what was done onto Jobs. It is up to us to keep a watchful eye for this kind of temptation and reject it.

So God wants us to keep a watchful eye on Satan's temptations? Why did God create Satan? Did God not know what he would become? Why did God create humans with the capacity to do evil unto others?

That is the beauty about God giving us the power of freewill, he won't interfere with Satan's path nor ours, until judgment day. God indeed knew that some would not be able to handle their Earthly temptations, so he sent Jesus to help us. If you repent and are truly sorry, become born again and accept Jesus as your savior, you will enter in the kingdom of God.

So what is the purpose of God giving us free will then? To prove to himself that some humans will believe and some won't? What is the point? Why does God allow Satan to influence his children? If God is omni-X, then what is the point in even testing his creations?

God gave us a set of rules and certain paths to avoid. Trying to justify your sins by saying God is an all loving God, and caring God, still doesn't make your sins go away. People incorporate their own beliefs when they see they can't make the standards of their past beliefs. I do not care if there is a hell or not because, if there was, then the signs were given to me. If there wasn't, then I am glad I am not there. If you live your life as a great person then I do not see why you should be thrown in hell, But it is not my decision.

This list of rules and paths has been altered over the course of 2,000+ years. It is likely they were changed to benefit those in power at the time. That there exist so many different religions and denominations is evidence that the true word of God has been corrupted. How do you know that your view is the right one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join