It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules against women-only holidays

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The thing is that I actually support women-only services when it is justified. What I do NOT support is Feminists using public support through fear and demonisation of men to have males excluded from these services based on the exaggerated and unreasonable claim that the vast majority of men are serial-killing rapists.

In this particular case, the woman who wanted this "women-only holiday" business was justifying the exclusion of men based on the fact that there would be no promiscuity and harassment because men wouldn't be there!

Where does this lead to if such ideas are accepted?

[edit on 22/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If women want to have their own "FEMALE ONLY" vacations, clubs, bars, groups, etc...thats fine...have them. Deny men for whatever reason you ladies deem appropriate and have fun...BUT when men have their own vacations, clubs, bars, groups, etc...DO NOT try and enter, DO NOT try and sue, DO NOT bitch, piss, and moan that your not allowed in and then cry sexism because you have boobs...and bad mouth men for thier reasons of keeping you out!

Now can you ladies do that....ummm no...already proven it! Whatever men create and try to keep MEN ONLY, there is an outcry by women that women have the right to be a part of it.....when the roles are reversed, there is an outcry that men are now out of line....

So ladies...figure out what the hell you want more...coed or same sex...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
it's only a handful of people creating these issues in the first place. and that few, are given the spotlight. the majority of women are entirely too busy trying to keep their families going and/or surviving. to make this into some "feminist conspiracy" when it's really just a matter of what the media wants to project to the rest of us, is asking to be manipulated.

generally speaking, most women have no say or input, whatsoever, into the strange laws that have come along in the last few years, primarily because of the reasons i've already stated and also because the court system isn't indicative of the average viewpoint. it's set up to represent the minority, with the belief that the majority (a very rubbery word that's abused alot) is wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

i think the issue about male only orgs is more related to paranoia than anything else. ladies want to know what the need is for a men only org. such a thing can be abused and probably has been in the past at some point. let's say you have a group of local businessmen in the org. one of their wives is having a spat with her businessman husband. she goes out to find a different job in their community, because working with her husband in his business, is ruining their relationship. he doesn't get it. but lo' and behold, none of the local businessmen will hire her because their brother org member has called in some favors amongst the brethren.

this kinda stuff happens everywhere and male only orgs are not immune and are especially susceptible to it because they are operating outside the public eye, with the intent of protecting each other. who's protecting the women? you have to assume the husband is but that's working on the assumption that the husband is always right, no matter what lol

[edit on 23-12-2009 by undo]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If a group of women, for whatever reason choose to do some activity and keep the guys out, why not let them do it ?

Likewise, there are some "guy" type things that should be kept sacrosanct from females..

One example is the junior boy scouts, (or cubs).
They do all kinds of daring masculine things like climbing trees and tying knots.
It actually does build character, self confidence, and courage in boys, and is highly recommended.

That type of activity is particularly beneficial where a young boy may have no father figure around at home, which sadly, is becoming increasingly common these days..

While girls are undoubtedly more than capable of doing all these same "guy" type things, it is never quite the same as an ALL MALE intrepid outdoor adventure, or spinning yarns around a camp fire at night under the stars, way out in the middle of nowhere..

But getting back to womens activities.
The world is surely going totally mad when guys demand access to female rest rooms, because to deny access would be discrimination.
If it ever comes to that, nothing will save humanity from itself..

It is the difference between being a masculine guy, or a feminine woman that makes life interesting and worth living.
Why spoil it by trying to blur the difference ?

[edit on 23/12/2009 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

it's understandable that there would be boy only or girl only clubs. but when we are adults, having one sex only clubs is confusing. firstly, the marriage vows shared between adults makes them one flesh. if they are one flesh, why so much insistence on separate flesh?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by undo]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, role models for children are extremely important.
While everyone has a mother, not everyone has a real permanent full time father these days.
So boy only clubs are vitally important to preserve.

For adults, I still feel there are some things that are best left gender separate.

You might be surprised to know that the most happily married man, and devoted father, needs some time alone, or with male only company.
It is a basic need of most men, something many women just cannot understand.

It may be tinkering out in the garage, playing golf with buddies, going fishing, or whatever.
But most guys have a need to sometimes just be themselves, away from family, or bond with other male friends.

Likewise I am sure there are many times when women feel a lot more secure and less inhibited in completely female company.
And I say good for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

but i don't feel inhibited when i'm with hubby because one flesh is one flesh and we treat it that way. whoever has the best idea, that's the one we go with. if asked to protect a fellow human being from inhumane laws, we'd both agree, etc. cause to us, there's not a woman and a man, there's us. we both have our limitations and realize that but don't use it as an excuse to abuse one another.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I am personally as disinclined towards single-sex anything as it goes... but this judge's decision simply doesn't stand up to legal scrutiny, in my opinion.

As somebody else said, it's a private company, they can do whatever they want to.
Besides, don't bar owners and such in the USA still retain the right to "refuse service" (or whatever they call it) to anyone?
Why, then, should this agency be deprived of the same right?

Silly, just silly.

P.S. Oh sorry, I just noticed it's not in the USA, it's in Australia.
I am not familiar with the legal system there, but my opinion that it is silly still stands.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I don't think it's as much of a "need" as it may seem to be.
I've known men that seemed to have no such need; and I know I certainly have no need to spend any time with women only.

But those who do should be able to indulge it - absolutely.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I know where your coming from and the situation you used as an example is probable, but it could also have its role reversed. MANY women are in charge of things now, as well as being business owners, so the same situation could occur.

As for the marriage part of being one flesh, I agree when you marry and become one, the things you do, and groups your a part of can be done together without issue, for the most part....but its always nice to have things you do as "the guys" or as "the girls"....IMO it's healthy to have your own thing once in awhile...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
why when i google mystical pictures it shows all girly stuff? whaaaaaahhhhh!!! get over it EVERYONE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join