It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell FBI document

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
hi,
I used www.google.com... to find it (unclesam allows you to search only in military sites)

FBI Document

what do you think?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Astonishing !!

If that is a TRUE document and not some sort of disinformation campaign then it blows the Roswell incident to smithereens.

However did you find this ?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I used the UNCLESAM feature of google.It let's you search words only in government/military sites and I fell on this searching ROSWELL

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are you new to UFO research ?

I ask this because you have stumbled across a very historic document ( if it isnt a "new" document and being used for disinformation).

I find it mind boggling that this document has "casually" just been happened upon.

It really is staggerlingly important.

I need to think about this, thank you for bringing it to light.

mrq

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I dunno. They can't spell 'balloon' correctly? Twice?
Then again...it's..never mind.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
mrq..........

its quite common to see such spelling and grammatical mistakes in old telegraphic documents.

It actually all adds to the credibility.

But there again, does it ?

mrq

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
good point.

i still don't know what to think of it.

Maybe if they'd stop with the black Sharpie marker, I could have more of an idea about it's authenticity.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
its NOT the CIA/FBI operative who has mispelt!!

Its THE stenographer at the telegraphic office.

Fine researcher you would make.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
All this stuff came from the F.O.I.A (freedom of information act) and has been around for some time.
Still interesting though darkside

Found this, apparently from an original reuters newswire of the time , may be of interest.

"Before Brigadier General Ramey's broadcast, Major Edwin Kirtan [sic], duty officer at Eighth Air Force headquarters at Fort Worth, quoted him as saying "it looks like a hexagonal object covered with tinfoil or other shining material suspended from a balloon of about twenty feet in diameter. It is possibly a weather balloon flown at the highest altitude but none of the army men at this base recognize it as an army type balloon."

roswellproof.homestead.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This document has been around for a long time ?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm not exactly new on this site.

did you's know about google.com/unclesam?

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by DarkSide]

mrq

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew
its NOT the CIA/FBI operative who has mispelt!!

Its THE stenographer at the telegraphic office.

Fine researcher you would make.

My apologies. How imbecilic of me.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
I'm not exactly new on this site.

did you's know about google.com/unclesam?

ok...

It's easier to go here: foia.fbi.gov...

Look under 'Unusual Phenomena ' and you will find all decalssified military/government reports on ufo's including the Roswell, Mj-12 documents and such which you have talked about here.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That really is a wonderful sight, thank you for drawing my attention to it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No problem.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ballon is actually a word:

1 entry found for ballon.
bal�lon ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-l�)
n.
Buoyancy or lightness in movement that allows a dancer to rise and fall smoothly.

It is possible that the military uses the term for a float of some kind, although I think it's safe to assume that it is either a typo or a transcription gaffe.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ok, just thought I'd add, the blanked out name at "[censored] FURTHER ADVISED THAT THE OBJECT
FOUND...." is Major Kirton, who was an intelligence officer at the 8th Army Air Force Headquarters at Fort Worth..

This site has many FOIA documents on UFO sitings in a list which is handy comapred to the gov site. Has good info too.
www.chez.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
if it was a balloon who's baloon was it? sure i must have read it somwhere, just cant recall it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well that's it!

Note to self: Cancel the Roswell vacation trip!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They tried to pass it off as Mogul...

However, look at the date on the document. It's dated the day after the news story, and in the evening at that. The FBI is simply running with the "official" story at this point. They only know what the Army told them, as remember, there was no Central Intel at the time...(in fact, many believe that Roswell was the reason for it's creation in the first place, to be sure all the pieces came to the same place as time went on)...

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that the senior intelligence officer, of the world's only base with an atomic air wing, would mistake a balsa wood/tin foil disc for a downed spacecraft...and I can't believe anyone else would either, hehe....

This isn't a document for deliberate misinformation, it's the FBI trying to aid with what they think is a simply downed balloon but national security related.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join