It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII: In Color HD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If anyone has yet to see this series, they really need to check it out. It runs from 9:00 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST each night through Thursday evening (19NOV09). The footage is absolutely surreal, and I have honestly never seen anything like it. The stories of the 12 individuals which the series and footage follows, are stunning in their own right as well. It airs on the History Channel:

Here are the Opening Credits:

Note To Moderator(s): If this is not in the proper thread, please correct it. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I've been watching it and its some of the best WWII footage I've seen.

Alot of the footage and the stories are quite graphic and it does paint a better picture of the war than the black and white footage we all are used to.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Ah, great effort these new series! I've been slammed to dead with black & white docu's back in my schooldays and every year on the Belgian national tv. I was discussing this few weeks ago with some friends, and we all agreed that the world wars seemed so unreal because our memories of 'em are in black & white! The World War II in Color series back in the 90's I guess were a great effort too, but this HD version just slams the reality right in your face! Thanks for post OP

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It's a great series so far. A lot of the footage I've never seen before, so it's nice to get some new material on a subject I'm well familiar with. Too bad The Prisoner on AMC runs at the same time, that's also an excellent miniseries. Moments like these make me wish I had a DVR.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've been glued to this series every night. The footage is just amazing, shocking and inspiring all in the same breath. I have always respected those who have fought in our wars but, this footage paints a whole new picture for me. I now know why my grandfather(82nd Airborne, 508th) didn't speak much of his combat experience in the days following D-Day. I had read up as much as I could about that time but this series is very enlightening.

Everyone needs to see this series. Last night, they detailed the atrocities that occurred during the invasion of Saipan. At least 1000 men, women and children committed suicide and died at the hands of their parents out of a Japanese induced fear of surrender to our US troops. What our troops faced was Horrifying indeed. It gives a whole new meaning to the greatest generation and what they sacrificed for our freedom.

top topics

join