It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people still OBSESSED with sarah palin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyhackjack
I think Palin will run against Obama in 2012, so we will be seeing a lot more of her from now until than whether we like it or not. She will somehow become even more lovable and even scarier people will probably vote for her.

Her appearance on Barbara Walters went really well.
We have momentum!
BTW, Sarah Palin members on her Facebook page
flew past 1,000,000.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
People aren't obsessed with her, its just that she is a publicly recogniseable figure, so has some media "currency", ie she's currently salable. Having failed big time in politics, in a very public way, she is now trying to re-invent herself as a media personality, since she'll be hard pressed to ever get campaign funding ever again & sure as sh!t she doesn't want to go back to working.
UK MP Michael Portillo did the same. I'll admit I'm a little proud that I was 1 of the last people to vote in his constituency in 1997 & thus 1 of the deciding thousand or so that lost him his seat in parliament.
Similar thing with Donald Trump: gets a bit of a dodgy reputation, but has some minor celebrity status, thus goes for the celeb rehabilitation of career. Now look at him? US$ 1.6 billion apparently. He was being foreclosed on & investigated by the world & their dog at 1 point!
Dont count Palin out either. If she can keep her face on the TV for a few years, people will soon forget she lost & is a crook. Look for her to become a political commentator, I'd say, but if not, a good extramarital affair scandal should give her a platform as a sympatico daytime TV hostess.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
its the size of her boobs right? the only reason she has followers is because her boobs are slightly larger than the average woman.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

didn't obama write two?What do you suppose his motives were?I trust Sarah Palin a heluva lot more than I trust the anti christ

[edit on 17-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

And I suspect her close scrutiny is due to the fact that potentially a mental-midget-model type would have the power to launch nukes.

I wish that same scrutiny was applied to Obama.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Inquiring Mind

Umm.I think you mean2012.Unless you think she's running for congress.But hey I'd like to get rid of barry in 10

[edit on 17-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Of all the things I worry about with Obama, the last would be that he would launch nukes.

Would Sarah.......You Betcha. She could watch 'em explode since you can see Russia from Alaska. And yes she did actually say that. (Not from her house as in SNL parody.)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well I'm sorry to say i agree with you there, Obama is as soft as a billowy cloud.The main reason he wouldn't nuke any body is because he wouldn't want to offend them.He is bad for this nation.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by mopusvindictus

please stop calling sarah palin sexy. i almost puked in my mouth a little.

Sarah Palin is sexy, sexy,smart, and has a charisma level that is
off the chart.

Her daughters are also very attractive.
Why are liberals so ugly???

From life experience 20 years since my College days....

Liberals do turn out UGLY as SIN 90% pf the time...

Liberal and freedom very often equates to doing more of things that are bad for you.

20+ years ago I was big into Heavy Metal and that whole scene for a time...

Very "liberal" group, girls all dressed skimpy everyone partied I loved...

10 years later I did a stint working for Dio and Priest back stage... when I looked at the audience and the fans 10 years later, their jaws were all working like they were jacked, missing teeth were not uncommon the long hair was replaced with baldness and well, every one who used to be all hot and into the scene looked like a truck had hit them to maybe the 80% mark...

So there is something to be said for conservatism ... not talking about the philosophy alone, but lifestyle... you just down see allot of partiers looking good in their 40's or LOL even ALIVE anymore...

Palin, Conservative... her view on God might be a fiction, her beliefs might really put a crap in your style when your 20...

But she definitely looks good in her 40's Can't say the same for Hillary I wouldn't put her in my bed at the same age for pay... her bones are so thin I think she might break...

Palin...

Something to be said for a healthy conservative life running around in the woods avoiding the stress of the city etc, etc...

Used to Live a very, very Liberal life myself... Not so much now, i'm on the Palin plan, like my fresh air and fresh food and simplicity now...

We have all seen what allot of Hippies grew up to look like...

Something to be said for a conservative lifestyle

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by mopusvindictus

please stop calling sarah palin sexy. i almost puked in my mouth a little.

Sarah Palin is sexy, sexy,smart, and has a charisma level that is
off the chart.

Her daughters are also very attractive.
Why are liberals so ugly???

That was below the belt Eurisko. Poor RoyalCanadian is probably hugging the porcilain idol as we speak.

I think she's hot to, but I wouldn't vote for her. Having her for POTUS would be embarrasing.

ehhhh... you know Obama will be a failure as a president... in all BUT one aspect, he's an inspiration to African Americans and the community Really, really needs that...

Since I don't believe any President can actually FIXthe mess we are in, in honesty he wasn't a bad choice he has ideas I thin are crazy 90% of them will go nowhere anyway...

Ditto for Palin...

Would she be a great potus.... NO

But unless they show me someone who will, which they haven't.... maybe women ...NORMAL women need the push too, people can say she is this or that, but she's pretty inspirational compared to most people in many ways... House Mom to Governor, nothing to sneeze at when half of people don't get past fast food or service industry jobs...

I still maintain...

Women really need to see you don't need to be a giant Fat Cow or a Janet Reno or Albright the little fricken Troll... to compete in a Mans world...

So I won't cry if she gets elected...

Show me the last president we had that was actually qualified or anything more than a puppet or figure head anyway, including this one...

he's the political correctness icon, all he does is run around talking and showing cultural non bias....hooray, get a job lol

Women deserve the mental boost as much as Black guys did if you ask me... and that's all the damn President actually does anymore anyway...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Well I'm sorry to say i agree with you there, Obama is as soft as a billowy cloud.The main reason he wouldn't nuke any body is because he wouldn't want to offend them.He is bad for this nation.

I think Obama really hates the USA.
That is why he goes on all those apology tours.
Definitely a 1 term president.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's obvious by now the Libs are more obsessed with Palin than the Repubs ever were.
The Repubs lost the election and now the Libs are in the drivers seat and riding shotgun yet they refuse to keep their eyes on the road and choose instead to bash what is catching up to them in their rear view mirror.

Sure she is not qualified to be Prez, but if Obama got elected simply becasue he was not Bush, Palin will get elected because she is not Obama.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Welcome to the world of photoshopped images?

You realize that's a fake, don't you?

Yeah, i do!!

Smart-ass

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Just checking, and it was a legitimate question since your only contributions had been one post of nothing more than "I'd bang her", and your second post which merely contained a link to a photoshopped image of Palin (no actual personal commentary whatsoever in that one). You may get your jollies from photoshopped images of Palin, but it's hardly fitting to the thread, and it seems like more of a personal issue.

As to "smart-ass"...

I suppose if that's the case, then I'd rather be the "smart-ass" than a "dumb-ass"; so thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
the question was why do liberals hate Sarah Palin?

The answer is simple, she is a threat to them. Or at least was a threat.

Palin had the ability to cross party lines and pick up a huge number of women supporters and many "liberals" are women. This scared the crap out of the liberals and the media to the point they resorted to personal and private attacks.

Palin did absolutely nothing wrong. She was a successful governor, former model and mother of a handicapped child of which the media even attacked.

She doesn't sound like a dumb blonde when she speaks, nor does her policies threaten the common good. She went against big oil and won!

She scared the liberals half to death. The media realized she could cross party lines and immediately started spreading rumors and lies. The media and the liberals literally defiled this woman who's only crime was being chosen as a running mate for a man losing in the poles.

Palin did NOTHING to deserve what happened to her and many people, especially women, see right through the lies and why she was attacked so viciously.

She can never be in politics again, her career has been ruined. She realized that and stepped down from her governorship. The attacks were hampering her and affecting her family. She did what she had to to protect them. Many mothers understand why she stepped down. Family before career.

The woman has been gracious and taken a new path, writing is a great opportunity.

Now, the liberals like to use her as a punching bag whenever they need a distraction from the trillion dollar heist the fed is doing. Whenever the media needs a distraction from the failed war on terror, and Hollywood doesn't have any good gossip to pass along.

Palin is now an scapegoat.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Sure she is not qualified to be Prez, but if Obama got elected simply becasue he was not Bush, Palin will get elected because she is not Obama.

As much as it pains me, I must admit there is a mountain of truth in that statement. (Perhaps why we libs are a tad nervous.) And I have rarely, if ever, agreed with you.

Perhaps they should make an incoming President take the Citizenship test.

Last time I checked, the questions were much more difficult than " How many stars on the flag?"

At the very least, a literacy test. Or maybe a "Learner's Permit."

Or they must appear on "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader." I suspect Bush AND Palin would fail.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Perhaps they should make an incoming President take the Citizenship test.

Yeah and maybe show a birth certificate and maybe ask him/her if it is their intention to destroy the nation so that it can be rebuilt by visionary's like obama, pelosi, barney frank, to benifit the deadbeats that don't want to work.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join