It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit by a car at 75mph, embedded in the fender, and dragged for 600 miles (photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... nTR4

Breath taking story...Thought I would start out the week with some positive news for everyone.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
WOW!!!!

What a tough animal. Thats one puppy that doesnt need a can of concrete to toughen up!!! Ive hit kangaroos before and although they dont all die, they are much bigger and stronger than coyotes.

Thanks for posting this, its great to see a thread without doom and gloom on it.

Any news on what they are going to do with the coyote now?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's so cute, imagine the fear it felt being stuck there for so long, but it looks very much alive.

I agree better than the doom and gloom we are always hearing about.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Poor guy!!!

That must have been the weirdest experience.
I mean, think about how YOU would feel in a situation like that.

It says the stopped for gas twice. I would ask "how would you not know?". But how many of us check the front of our cars when we are fueling....

Great story.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Wow! It's a rare occurrence that something on ATS actually makes me smile, but this story is amazing! I still can't really get my head around how it managed to end up inside the vehicle like that (just like the guy in the story said) but however it happened, that's one lucky coyote!!!

S&F! Thanks for posting this! I'm a little amazed by this one!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
crazy how resilient an animals body is compared to our own.

that's one lucky coyote.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Awww poor little guy but lucky little guy at the same time. That is amazing! He doesnt have a scratch on him!! Wow 600 miles and they didnt know and their car didnt break down...well that seems like a testament to Honda

How lucky that animal is to have lived and not have a single thing broken..To me this is a miracle and it makes me smile

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing! This pup is tough as nails!

That is a really beautiful animal. Stunning coat.

I'm glad to see it was basically unharmed during this ordeal. I bet now it will look both ways before crossing a road!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good story, couple of things though:

First, I dont know about anyone else, but if I impact an animal with my car, I am going to stop and make sure it isnt suffering, or dead. To just keep on seems very cold.

Also, they stopped for gas twice. Someone said "how many of us inspect our car at gas stops"....well, after striking a large animal with the car, I think most of us would inspect the damage.

Sounds like another case of typical drivers-not caring or paying attention.

Great that the gorgeous pup is okay though!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The title is a hoax, the coyote was not dragged at all much less 600 miles. second line.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great story. However, based on the title of the thread, and the mention of photos, I was expecting some brutal, bloody, and disgusting pictures. I'm glad it turned out to be a semi-heartwarming story.

new topics

top topics

join